SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-24-2017, 05:07 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default Finally boat trip 6-24-17

Woke up at 0500 hoping to see storms pushed out! Nope they were just about where future cast said they would be on news last night. Looked bad!! Wat to do wat to do? Waited for daylight just in case problems with boat trailer. Got to Calcasieu Point around 615-630 and was suprised at that others had decided to go too. I wanted to go to Cameron where I caught trout bank fishing and other spots I caught a lot last year but weather is right there. Take my time and go find some pogies. Tried to find mullet but high water must have them up in marsh. Go back to launch and thinking about waiting weather out. Decide to go up around the point and fish bank just west of canal that goes to Fred's. Redfish were on fire!!! Caught at least 20 keeping 4 right at 16-17" throwing back several over 20". 830 or so now and still wanting to go to Cameron but worried about weather. It look like it was just sitting there on top of Haymark terminal not moving. Decide to go have a look at turners. It's fresh and not very clean but can almost see trolling motor. First reef I stopped at caught a nice 2 1/2 3 pound trout thinking o yea it's on now. Well ended up catching more and more redfish. Redfish are stupid easy to catch right now and there is not a tide. Just as I decide To head down to Cameron I notice 2-3 birds picking. Don't care to fish birds anymore but was curious wat was under them. I get up there and tide is goin out pretty hard now and the trout are just busting the top of water all over the deepest spot out there in about 8 feet of water. Box 9 more trout and release 3-4 before bite played out and wind picked up bigtime. Went to north east corner to have a look and water is getting dirtier. Decide to fish a cut down there by the camps where we caught both reds and trout last year. No trout and caught and released several more reds. I can see it's white cappin pretty good out in lake so decide to call it and head back to launch leaving Cameron for another day. Pretty good day. Didn't buy any live shrimp and burnt less than 6 gallons of fuel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1213.jpg (55.6 KB, 604 views)
Old 06-24-2017, 05:30 PM
Flounder

Cash: 501

Good mess of fish you got there!
Old 06-24-2017, 05:56 PM
Tripletail

Saw u had about the same thing lol. One thing I forgot to mention. Two of my trout and two of my reds were missing gill plate on one side making their gills or little red things visible. Not sure I ever caught fish like this and surely not this many in one trip. Anyone know wats up with that?
Old 06-24-2017, 06:41 PM
Flounder

Cash: 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Two of my trout and two of my reds were missing gill plate on one side making their gills or little red things visible. Not sure I ever caught fish like this and surely not this many in one trip.
That is strange!!
Old 06-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 417

Nice haul!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2017, 08:50 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,039

Congrats on getting the trailer fixed. Looking forward to more and more fish pics!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2017, 03:30 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Great catch ....do they have live bait at cal. Point?
Old 06-25-2017, 10:08 PM
Tripletail

No live bait at the point yet but lng canal is full of pogies just about anywhere u go. The trick is to find some that are big enough to stay alive on hook. I found that fishing pogies and especially small finger mullet produce better trout more consistently than live shrimp this time of year. I do like to grab a 1/2 qt of live shrimp when the point does have some. Fish the pogies and mullet just as u would live shrimp.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:30 AM
Flounder

Cash: 653

Nice!!
Old 06-28-2017, 10:42 AM
Flounder

Cash: 539

MEM, when you say the LNG Canal are you referring to the canal that runs past Calcasieu Point? I have heard 2 or 3 places that people call the LNG Canal. I love fishing pogies but often times have trouble catching them.

Nice haul!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Flounder

Cash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Saw u had about the same thing lol. One thing I forgot to mention. Two of my trout and two of my reds were missing gill plate on one side making their gills or little red things visible. Not sure I ever caught fish like this and surely not this many in one trip. Anyone know wats up with that?
I caught a red like this about a month ago in Golden Meadow, was missing on just one side of the fish. Red was about 21" long
Old 06-28-2017, 07:38 PM
Tripletail

I always find bait at the dead end east of Calcasieu Point. They should be in there til September or so. Right now u have to kinda cull thru to find big enough to fish. U can also find them on both banks by Calcasieu Point and a lot of times out in the middle. But... if u want to make sure u get them in there go early. I usually get in there around 530-545. Have been in there late morning and afternoon and wer not in there. Also if u go south by ferry u can always find some pogies along the banks down there. A lot of times I don't even see them but hear them flip.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:41 PM
Tripletail

Man they been catching all week and I'm on my days. Cant wait for Sunday. May fish Saturday too but I'm likely to regret that, lol.