SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Falcon Bucoo....pay a little extra and get the micro guides.
Dammit!! I agree with ASR again.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

I have lots of rods, frankly too many rods. Just about every Falcon Coastal, couple of Falcon HD's, Mo Jo Bass, a Waterloo Phantom, Couple of Diawa Laguna's that I love but snap pretty easy if you get too western with'm, and H20 Express's from 40-150$. Hands down the best rod in my boat is the H20 express Ethos Nano M Medium Light 6' 9" with the spring guides. Its also the most expensive. I would have never thrown that kinda money for a store brand rod but a buddy gave it to me for severing in his wedding. It cast further than anything I have thrown and the feel is amazing. I found no better rod to throw a swim bait. The OP asked about MH and the Mojo Bass is a beast but it weighs a ton. For the money the 30$ Diawa Laguna is hard to beat. But they break. I have returned 2 or 3 and they have replaced them. Just save your receipt. I've used skeet reese and carrot sticks and snapped them like twigs. I expect a 30$ rod to break on a bull red or Jack Crevalle but if I pay 90$ for a super awesome yellow rod it better not snap when I set the hook on a 2 lb trout.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Check out Halo rods. I got a Halo Starlite 7' MH about a year ago. Haven't fished with it much but really like it. Several pros are using the higher end Halos. They're a lot like Natural Light. The quality is going into the product and not the advertisement. Check out their website. They are currently out of the starlite but they should be have some in a couple weeks. Hard to beat the starlite for $50 with no tax and no shipping. http://www.halofishing.com/
Old 03-01-2015, 01:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
Check out Halo rods. I got a Halo Starlite 7' MH about a year ago. Haven't fished with it much but really like it. Several pros are using the higher end Halos. They're a lot like Natural Light. The quality is going into the product and not the advertisement. Check out their website. They are currently out of the starlite but they should be have some in a couple weeks. Hard to beat the starlite for $50 with no tax and no shipping. http://www.halofishing.com/
And they have micro guides.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Goooch

If I say I can flip 5-8# reds in the boat with a Skeet Reese. Book It BIG DADDY.. I'd be more than to show U if U want to PUT UR MONEY WERE UR MOUTH IS??? As In a small wager???? Wright and McGill rod has lots of backbone. I'll pay for the whole trip in my triton.. We can get a 3rd to OBSERVE.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Goooch

If I say I can flip 5-8# reds in the boat with a Skeet Reese. Book It BIG DADDY.. I'd be more than to show U if U want to PUT UR MONEY WERE UR MOUTH IS??? As In a small wager???? Wright and McGill rod has lots of backbone. I'll pay for the whole trip in my triton.. We can get a 3rd to OBSERVE.

I'd love to ride in one of those one day BigGum
Old 03-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Ok guys have any of you looked at these new Berkeley E-motion rods? 79.99 they feel great after checking them out at academy today...probably gonna try one out...

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/Berkl...d.html#start=8
Old 03-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Redfish

Cash: 816

Bdub..I checked those out at the country store in Broussard. Felt good but just couldn't bring my self to buy a Berkeley rod for 80$. Ended up pulling the trigger on an all star for 69$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2015, 12:09 AM
Redfish

Cash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post

Seen these in walmart today in Eunice. I already had bought an all star at academy but these will definately be in the running when I'm
In the market for a rod again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2015, 04:19 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Goooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I'll volunteer to observe but I can't referee because I am biased. If that Skeet Reese survives boost flipping a 8lb red, I'll bet you double to nothing I could snap it on the next hook set. After the third one I returned to Gulfway the owner told me he was sick of mailing rods back to them and if I wanted it replaced I'd have to pay the shipping. A new one wasn't worth the 15$. I gave it to my mom to use a tomato stake. She ended up painting it black after she saw a HBO documentary about intercity Pimps and one of them had a Oldsmobile painted the same color.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Abu veritas and even the vendetta series are great for the price. I have probably 10 veritas and a few vendettas that are great. They offer the micro guides in the veritas also. They discontinued the originals and now have the 2.0, I have a 7-6 I think, MH cranking rod and love it in the 2.0 series. Also, I can vouch for the skeet reese breaking on reds too. Did that out of a yak when they first came out. Then got another one for football jigs and broke about 2 ft from the tip on a good hook set. St. Croix mojo are great too, along with the duckett ghosts. End of the day you get what you pay for.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Marque

Opinions are like A-HOLES. Everyone got ONE....They do have different weights and lengths those yellow rods.

I mainly fish 2 Duces. I've snapped more Duces than I care to say.. There are lots of good rods out there... It's personnal choice in my opinion.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Quote:
Goooch

I'll observe, its not every day you get the opportunity to ride in a triton. L m a o!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:53 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

i have owned alot of the rods you guys speak of, any rod in the $60- $150 range. And I have only snapped 2 rods in my entire life when it wasnt because of abuse of my equipment. one was a carrot stick and the other was a cheap $50 shimano. I bass fish mostly so my rods see alot of hooksets. dont be a dumbass and your rods wont break. go buy ya a net and quit boat flipping big fish.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:54 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

BUt for $100 go get a falcon, a duckett, or a skeet. They all last and are all fairly light
Old 03-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
What you did there, I see it
Old 03-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Marque

Opinions are like A-HOLES. Everyone got ONE....They do have different weights and lengths those yellow rods.

I mainly fish 2 Duces. I've snapped more Duces than I care to say.. There are lots of good rods out there... It's personnal choice in my opinion.
Ohhh, I see you mean those other piece of Skeet. I musta snapped Skeets other pieces of Reese. Or were you talking bout a totally different line of big bird colored rods? I'm confused.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
I bet you would...
Old 03-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I bet you would...
You boys and your Tritons
Old 03-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,020

Lews has a new Inshore series in their American Hero rod line... $60. great rod for the price. There inshore series is built with actions / blanks that are a better fit for trout and reds on lures inshore.