SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

People today do not understand what freedom of speech actually means. Freedom of speech does not come with the freedom of consequence. I just wish these owners had the balls to impose said consequences.

This may piss several people off, but I blame all of this crap on the fans. They are the one who have placed these entertainers on a pedestal for so long that they actually believe everybody gives two $h!+s about their political views or what offends them.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:05 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

Me and my household - 1 NFL - 0
Old 09-26-2017, 05:08 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
This may piss several people off, but I blame all of this crap on the fans. They are the one who have placed these entertainers on a pedestal for so long that they actually believe everybody gives two $h!+s about their political views or what offends them.
BINGO! This country put itself down this path when it started idolizing athletes.

If any of us tried this at our place of work, we would most likely be fired. But the thing is: the owners don't care, because as long as they are making money, this will go on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2017, 06:11 AM
Flounder

Cash: 654

No more NFL for me
Old 09-26-2017, 07:26 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

These players now have egos so big, that they see themselves high on a pedestal, and everyone else is far below. I remember a time when a player made a good play on the field, and walking back to the line. Today's players make a good play and immediately make an exhibition to draw attention to "themselves". Basically saying, "This was all me-look what I just did." When in actuality, yeah, you did your job. You did what you're paid to do. These players don't know the meaning of the words humble, thankful, appreciative, and most of all...grateful, for the opportunity.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:36 AM
Redfish

Cash: 864

they are protesting Trump..... but this is also exactly why Trump won. People are tired of this!!
Old 09-26-2017, 08:01 AM
Redfish

Cash: 794

I'm done with the NFL
Old 09-26-2017, 01:07 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618
FlagUS

Ditto, agree with you all, won't even rant.

Broke it to my 13 yo son, no NFL in this home again!

NO Anheuser Busch, Ford, Under Armor, Pepsi, and never did McDonald's anyway.

Just because you make millions of $ does not make you smart!!!!!!!!

I feel the crunch won't be felt this year by owners because fans have already bought their season tickets, but if this keeps up I bet those season ticket holders would gladly prefer to spend a few grand on something else, I pray they do.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

The athletes just like the Hollywood crowd, just don't understand. They are all puppets paid well to entertain us. We really don't want to see or hear about your political views. Nor do we care. You are puppets paid to dance, ST FU ,get off your knees and dance.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Don't like it but certainly respect their right to do it. Absolutely the wrong place for it.
I don't agree with the sentiment that they are over paid. Nobody, no matter the job is "over paid". Market dictates wages in a capitalist system. Can't have it both ways.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Sailfish

No one is forced to watch the NFL, if ratings continue a downward trend, TV money goes down as will owner revenue and player salary.

NCAAFB>NFL
Old 09-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

These players believe they're untouchable. It's very obvious. Just after they loosened restrictions on end zone celebrations...look at the spectacle Odel Beckham made of himself on Sunday in the end zone. Many of these players(not all), feel untouchable and not accountable for what they do. This is all on the owners to stop it.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:20 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
These players believe they're untouchable. It's very obvious. Just after they loosened restrictions on end zone celebrations...look at the spectacle Odel Beckham made of himself on Sunday in the end zone. Many of these players(not all), feel untouchable and not accountable for what they do. This is all on the owners to stop it.
Couldn't tell u what he did because there ain't no NFL on in my house

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2017, 08:25 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Im going to check in by the end of the season and see who held true to their "no NFL" pledge. I have a feeling I'll be disappointed. If anybody needs something to keep them away from the TV on Sunday, y'all can come help me build fence.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Im going to check in by the end of the season and see who held true to their "no NFL" pledge. I have a feeling I'll be disappointed. If anybody needs something to keep them away from the TV on Sunday, y'all can come help me build fence.
Yea I'm thinking people in my Fantasy football leagues will stop watching the NFL too
Old 09-27-2017, 06:32 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
I'll just go huntin, good luck on dat fence LOL!!
Old 09-27-2017, 07:04 AM
Flounder

Cash: 640

My post from my Facebook page:

My son in law (a Bossier kid, who I am extremely proud of), and father of my granddaughter, has 10 years with the 101st Airborne Air Assault Rakkasans (the most deployed Brigade in US Army history) - He has proudly served 4 govt paid vacations to Afghanistan and waiting on tickets for the 5th any day. Walk a mile in his boots through the blood of his brothers, and after you’ve served, if you still want to kneel during our countries National Anthem, go ahead, you’ve earned that right. But until then, I take it personally as blatant disrespect for him and his Brothers, and the entire NFL can kiss my Merica loving Patriotic Arse!!!!!
Please join with me and #BoycottNFL
Old 09-27-2017, 09:10 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop N Cork View Post
My post from my Facebook page:

My son in law (a Bossier kid, who I am extremely proud of), and father of my granddaughter, has 10 years with the 101st Airborne Air Assault Rakkasans (the most deployed Brigade in US Army history) - He has proudly served 4 govt paid vacations to Afghanistan and waiting on tickets for the 5th any day. Walk a mile in his boots through the blood of his brothers, and after you?ve served, if you still want to kneel during our countries National Anthem, go ahead, you?ve earned that right. But until then, I take it personally as blatant disrespect for him and his Brothers, and the entire NFL can kiss my Merica loving Patriotic Arse!!!!!
Please join with me and #BoycottNFL
Great post, thank your son in law for us please
Old 09-27-2017, 01:17 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710
Default What's y'all's thoughts

Can someone help me understand Whats the difference btw the player not standing or kneeling......... AND

the people at home watching the game..who sitting on their sofa or people sitting down at the bar...........

what makes the players wrong and the person sitting at their house,bar, right?

Who get a pass and who doesnt.

If you stand up at your house for the national anthem and hold your hand on your heart every monday and sunday sometimes thursdays games. Please say i. That way we know you are not being disrespectful to the flag?

If you dont stand up then what are you saying about yourself......

Are you boycotting your friends that sitting down during the anthem at you house.

Ill wait. This should be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

31 comments how may of you stand up when the national anthem is played every sunday monday.........

Dont be afraid to answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk