SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:46 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
It is disrespectful to this country. When the anthem and pledge is being recited you stand at attention, take your hat off, and place your hand on your heart. (At least that?s how I was taught by my Father and Grandfather)
That?s the least they can do for a country they GAVE them free food, free healthcare, free education and the opportunity to make millions for catching a ball.

If they don?t like it they can go take their sorry *** elsewhere.

The country gave them a free education? And here I thought it was the colleges that they played for, but I guess I was wrong. And how do you know they received free food and free healthcare? Are just assuming because they are black that everything was free? What about the white players that knelt? I'm pretty sure Jordy Nelson was one of the players who knelt, and that guy grew up on a farm in Kansas. You think everything was handed to him free? Hell, he was a walk-on at Kansas State.

As far as them "taking their sorry *** elsewhere"...what are we, North Korea now? Are we going to start throwing people in jail because they don't respect the government and the flag? I guess everyone who disrespected Obama for 8 years should be thrown in jail, along with everyone that continues to disrespect Trump. Can't have that.

I have two grandfathers that fought for this country (1 in WWII). My father served this country. Three of my uncles served this country. My brother-in-law serves this country. Have any of them complained about the protests? No. Because they fought for that. Do they agree with what they are protesting? No. But they fought for them to be able to do that. Not to be thrown in jail or told to leave the country because they don't respect the flag. Might as well fly the North Korean flag over the country if this is the mindset we are going to start taking on matters like this.

Here's a good question for all of the people here that seem opposed to this protest: do you stand at home when the anthem is played? Do you call out people in the stands when they do not stand and remove their hat for the playing of the anthem? Do you berate people who refuse to quit talking during the playing of the anthem?

I'm no fan of what the players are doing, and I don't agree with what they are protesting, because they are cherry-picking facts. But they have every right to do it, the owners have every right to not discipline them, and fans have every right to not watch if they choose. But you can't trample on someone's rights because you think it's wrong. And, you know, the funny thing about the 1st amendment is, what they are doing is allowed. Whether people like it or not.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:08 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
But you can't trample on someone's rights because you think it's wrong. And, you know, the funny thing about the 1st amendment is, what they are doing is allowed. Whether people like it or not.

Oh it is allowed. And being as they are at "work" they can be punished for it.

Read this and let me know what you think:

https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-ic...182928379.html
Old 10-27-2017, 11:01 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Oh it is allowed. And being as they are at "work" they can be punished for it.

Read this and let me know what you think:

https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-ic...182928379.html
I completely agree with that. I've said as much. The owners chose not to punish them. And then doubled down when they chose not to enforce a rule requiring them to stand.

The owners could choose to punish them for doing it at work, if there were a rule prohibiting such actions, and they chose not to. Their decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2017, 11:05 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001
Thumbs up

Quote:
I completely agree with that. I've said as much. The owners chose not to punish them. And then doubled down when they chose not to enforce a rule requiring them to stand.

The owners could choose to punish them for doing it at work, if there were a rule prohibiting such actions, and they chose not to. Their decision.

Agreed
Old 10-27-2017, 11:16 AM
King Mackeral

And for that matter, I think the owners SHOULD have punished them, for nothing more than what has been said--they were doing "on the clock". These guys aren't like any of us, but they are still employees, like any of us at our companies. We can't do it, so why can they (then again, we can't line our buddies up like bowling pins and act like we're knocking them all down when we right a bangin report, so there are obvious differences)? But there are still a few issues with that:

1) what do you do when the entire league, and even some of the owners, chose to take a knee together. How do you punish them and keep a product on the field?

2) It wasn't hitting them in the pocket books. You have to hit these guys in the pocket books and hit them HARD if you want them to change something. And what percentage of viewers/fans in attendance at games does it take to make anything change?

Old 10-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Man. I think smalls is madder than all da mad people for being mad.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
It is disrespectful to this country. When the anthem and pledge is being recited you stand at attention, take your hat off, and place your hand on your heart. (At least that?s how I was taught by my Father and Grandfather)

That?s the least they can do for a country they GAVE them free food, free healthcare, free education and the opportunity to make millions for catching a ball.

If they don?t like it they can go take their sorry *** elsewhere. Go stand in front of the police station during the off season if you want to hold it down for Michael Brown and all your other fallen homies who never did anything bad. They want to be activist then they should be activists for bigger issues like their cultures serial nutting and getting 9 different mammies pregnant and then not raising their children, or maybe black on black crime, or maybe the fact that they?ve been given astronomical amounts of handouts their entire life starting at free birth costs all the way to free college education and they still suck at being functional members of society. It?s not an external issue, it?s an internal issue.

If I really cared or I thought it mattered I?d tell you how I really felt. I?m not wasting my time speaking or thinking about their ignorant *** anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2017, 02:05 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 409

Quote:
The funny part of all of this is that the same people who are "offended" by players kneeling are the same ones that complain about everyone being so easily "offended" by anything in this country.

AND, they are becoming as bad as the "Hello, I'm a vegan" chick. Always announcing to the world that they aren't watching the NFL.

This! And much like Saints fans whom have total disdain for the Dallas Cowboys. When the Saints finally won a Super Bowl in 2009, Saints fans became exactly what they hated in Dallas Cowboy fans. Braggadocios and obnoxious!
Old 10-27-2017, 02:38 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Man. I think smalls is madder than all da mad people for being mad.
You're not paying attention then.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
And for that matter, I think the owners SHOULD have punished them, for nothing more than what has been said--they were doing "on the clock". These guys aren't like any of us, but they are still employees, like any of us at our companies. We can't do it, so why can they (then again, we can't line our buddies up like bowling pins and act like we're knocking them all down when we right a bangin report, so there are obvious differences)? But there are still a few issues with that:

1) what do you do when the entire league, and even some of the owners, chose to take a knee together. How do you punish them and keep a product on the field?

2) It wasn't hitting them in the pocket books. You have to hit these guys in the pocket books and hit them HARD if you want them to change something. And what percentage of viewers/fans in attendance at games does it take to make anything change?

And here is the even bigger problem....

If owners, managers, coaches do decide to punish them, they'll be labeled as racist, blasted all over ESPN and the news, and possibly lose their jobs. Sad that this country has come to that.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
And here is the even bigger problem....

If owners, managers, coaches do decide to punish them, they'll be labeled as racist, blasted all over ESPN and the news, and possibly lose their jobs. Sad that this country has come to that.
Yes, but it has.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:36 PM
Flounder

Cash: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Sportsman View Post
I'm not "offended" by there protest, They have a right to protest what ever they want and I have the right to not watch them.
And much less on my dime
Old 10-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Flounder

Cash: 688
Default Sunday Nite Football

NFL solved the problem on SNF, they didnt show the National Anthem, i immediately turned off the TV. GoodBYe NFL, now goodbye NBC too

Last edited by tucan; 10-29-2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-30-2017, 02:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,074

That Baseball Game last night sure as Heck caught allot of attention.
Great Game!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 03:31 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

I know the NFL is losing a a lot of viewership, and I know that a bit of it is from people who are deeply offended by the players actions, but I think that a lot of the people not watching don't feel particularly strongly about the Antehm Protest, but are just tired of political BS everwhere they turn. Sports is by and large escapism for viewers, when a football game starts to look and sound like the 24 hour news channel covering politics it gets tiresome.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Flounder

Cash: 686

just like anything else they have saturated the market. used to be there was 2 games on sun and one mon. I looked forward to spending a day watching it. Now there is football, whether college or pro about 5 times per week. Unless its a game i wager on, it really has no interest.