SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:17 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,188
Default Sports -----

Normally I would put this in the sports bar but I wanted to post where more could talk in general. Please keep in clean. Two things since I live in Houston now.

1) last night was the best environment for a baseball game I have ever attended. Do the Astros get it done in la? They have Justin V on the bump.

2) Texans - they lost this city IMO yesterday by deciding to kneel. For the most part this still isn't a city that would support a protest during the national anthem and I reallly believe that's the issue people have with it, not race.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:19 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post

1) last night was the best environment for a baseball game I have ever attended. Do the Astros get it done in la? They have Justin V on the bump.
Absolutely think they can get it done with Verlander on the mound, especially if the bats are alive like they were last night. That game was the wildest baseball game I have ever watched.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2017, 08:57 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

That was the most exciting game I’ve ever seen. Hope they get it done in LA.
As for the protest, I agree with you....
Old 10-30-2017, 09:42 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Wish I could have watched the whole game. Shutting it off tied at 7 was very difficult for the wife an I, but had to get up early for work. Just need 1 out of 2-GO ASTROS!!!

Now, for what's ugly-Texan players. As I stated in another post a while back, fans have more power than the players. Stop buying game tickets and see just how quickly things change. The owners are spineless, so is the NFL commissioner. It's up to the fans to do the dirty work.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:52 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

That was a crazy game last night for sure!! And what made it even better was to watch a former LSU Tiger great drive in the walk off run!! As far as the other subject you mentioned, I’ve already wasted too much time caring about those over paid crybabies. I hope the NFL goes bankrupt.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:16 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,090

Astros were 5 years in the making . . Payday is near . . Luhnow is worth his weight in gold . .
I stopped watching nfl when Bud fired Bum and moved the Oilers to Nashville . .
Old 10-30-2017, 01:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

I'm not a big fan of baseball, but I just might be one after watching that game last night! It was amazing to say the least.

As far as the other topic, the warden needs to get the inmates back in check. His team, his money, his rules. If they don't like it, they can join Kaepernick on the unemployment list... But they need to realize there are no more book deals to go around. This issue has been fully capitalized on... By both sides.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

Even if Verlander gets hit. They need to use up all his pitches and save the other arms for game 7. The Dodgers are exhausted
Old 10-31-2017, 05:30 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Crazy game, Astros are salty to say the least. Bregman was on in game 5. Listened to it on the radio sounded like a once in a lifetime game for the lucky ones that were there. Minute Maid is an awesome place to watch a game already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk