SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 12-01-2015, 12:35 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,115
Default PDA rounds

What is a good cartridge for pda use in Sig Sauer P380. I like 165 grain fmj hp for my Glock 27, not too familiar with the 380 as it was a gift.

Thanks for input!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:09 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

FMJs go through you, get hollow points.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

I like Hornady Critical defense for a .380. I lean more towards the Hornady custom, critical defense and critical duty rounds depending on the gun. I would go with Critical defense in your .380 and Glock 27.

I run Winchester Ranger Bonded in my full size 9mm's, I am switching over to Critical Duty in my full size 9mm's due lack of availability of new ranger ammo. I run Critical defense in my 9mm compacts. I let my wife carry a .380, only because I know Critical Defense is going to work if she needs it. She is more likely to carry her p238 than any other gun we have.

I suspect your gun is a P238, a P380 is a Kahr, I do not recommend their products. Critical defense would be the proper line of Hornady for the P238. Critical Duty is for guns with longer barrels, the Hornady custom and now Hornady American lines are budget defense rounds, really designed for practice but do have the same load and similar or same bullet as the Hornady Defense and Duty lines, just made with cheaper components to make practicing with a round similar to your defense round more cost effective.

My next choice would be Gold Dots if they have an appropriate load, then Federal or Winchester defense rounds. I like Hornady because of the variety they offer, from reduced recoil loads, loads specific to barrel lengths, the bullets have great penetration and open well for the depth they penetrate. The ability to expand vs penetrate will always have some sort of trade off. Let me know if you have any other questions or you need some ammo.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:15 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self...-tests/#380ACP

The tests in the link seem accurate and up to date. There are several good options, but I'd go with the Speer Gold Dot.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,115

Thanks for the info and the correction on the pistol model it is P238, my daughter won it at a skeet shoot event and did not want to keep it. I will review the above and I will be going with hollow points for both weapons.

Have a large holiday folks!
Old 12-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

I pocket carry a sig p238. It is crazy accurate for such a small gun. I use the hornady critical defense in it and they shoot extremely well. I also carry a glock 43 9mm sometimes and it shoots the critical defense very well also.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

I have a glock 42 .380 and glock 43 9mm and like the critical defense and critical duty as well.