SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-19-2016, 05:18 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default Louisiana Fishing Virgins

Today was the start of a 3 day trip with Capt. T Miller's group from Missouri. This is their first time fishing down here and they are staying at the Reel Inn with Chef Shawn P cooking up the goods for them. 5 boats went out today and spread out. We found an early bite hooking up with 7 fish and boating 3. Some tough breaks and learning curves were worked out quickly but the bite had shut down. The rest of the morning was painfully slow picking up one red here and one there at many stops. The word on the VHF was the same all over. Slow slow slow picky picky picky. By 11:00 the reds had completely given up on food. Standing on top of the console of the Blue Wave, I witnessed 4 fish turn on lures and just swim away. It was painful to watch. By this time I was out of bait crabs when I spotted a very nice crabber who gave me a couple dozen. With these, I knew where to go. The final stop of the day was a 20 ft. hole where the sonar would eventually display fish stacked on top of one another. It was mostly big black drum but the guys were elated fighting them on light tackle. Topped off the box with 2 more nice bull reds, got some memorable pictures, and headed for the barn around 2:00. Sure was hot today so hoping the cooler weather comes soon.

Capt. Rob Dupont
Impulse Fishing Charters
225-776-9820
www.impulsefishingcharters.com
www.facebook.com/impulsefishing
Instagram @impulsefishing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (83.5 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7111.jpg (85.8 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7110.jpg (46.4 KB, 202 views)