SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Why all the caps? We aren't so dumb that we can't figure out the context without you capitalizing and emphasizing every word.

I can read your while post because it makes me dizzy... No offfense
Old 06-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 111
Dance

I still say that dude Gunner looks like Ned Beatty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big Gun.jpg (10.0 KB, 369 views)
Old 06-06-2014, 10:30 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
I still say that dude Gunner looks like Ned Beatty

Diabeetus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
You ever wonder why his screen name is one punch Rex????

He ain't exactly a midget.

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports: Caught a Good One Yesterday - SaltyCajun.com

This dude catches trout bigger than Waltrip...prolly smarter, too.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Hairout

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
OK... Noodle Creek.. U ARE COMICAL... I'll be YOUR HUCKLEBERRY... I do have a CLUE..... LITTLE BOY.. SO U think by opening the weirs, Rebuild the land lost along the channel, and Stop all oyster dredging; U all going to caught 10# trout on every trip..

NOT.....

How about STOP ALL PART TIME GUIDES ON THE LAKE.. Would That make a difference.. NO.....

Jeremy... I've heard U say U've spoken to David C with CCA.. Great.. Has David been an Assho E to U on the Phone????

No, he's listen to U..

But All I'm saying is all the fishermen from BL have an opportunity to Make A DIFFERENCE...

CAll EVERYONE U KNOW.. BUT WORK TOGETHER.. NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER..

U can NOT EFFECT CHANCE THAT Way.. Not cutting DOWN , CCA, The Corp., Me, Others on here who have a different opinion, the Oyster dredger, Marsh land owners, etc.

Jeremy..... U have my cell phone.. I U want to Talk to Me.. Call anytime...

Let me ask you this
And no one needs to brag or say hey look at Me

but how you think we got a meeting with all the top guys July 9th? You think that happened from us sitting around bi ching on the internet?

No this meeting is happing because of people like me and countless others who have called , emailed , sent in suggestions

Right now I have a folder with copies of over 75 emails from diffrent divisions

Again " I made a call to the firm who in charge of rocking the ship channel "
Spoke with the guy for 2 hours and he called me the next day and booked a fishing trip with two of his partners .

we know are working on having a meeting set up with a few guides to brain storm ideas

Again who is not doing work here?

I promise you this; keep weirs open 365 , shut down oyster dredging and rock up the land by wash out and 9 mile

One year we will have explosive trout #, s

And No this is not just me it's people who have fished this lake over 35years. The problem is no one gets out of the A/c to view the problem

I don't need to prove anything to anyone about what I do , all you have to do is call ! Not only do I work and full time job , I guide damn near every day off and have countless hours on this lake with others involved .
Old 06-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,382

So lemme get this straight... will the gravel dancing be before or after the meeting? As far as tangling with crab?? Dude come on he is weak as pond water!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

W.. I think the meeting With all concerned Is absolutely wonderful.. Awesome...

This could have come about much earlier in my humble opinion if Everyone put as much effort in to getting this meeting together than moaning and groaning about every organization in this state on this website.

It's a little funny that U all curse CCA, Corp., then ask for their help...

Here's is a Idea.. Let's stop blaming others. And ALL WORK TOGETHER.

BE PART OF THE SOLUTION.. Jeremy, I applaud U if U had anything to do with this July 9th meeting. Hopefully this will make a difference...
Old 06-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:

This could have come about much earlier in my humble opinion if Everyone put as much effort in to getting this meeting together than moaning and groaning about every organization in this state on this website.

BE PART OF THE SOLUTION.. Jeremy, I applaud U if U had anything to do with this July 9th meeting. Hopefully this will make a difference...

Ditto
Old 06-07-2014, 08:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
Ditto
To CCA "Let's all work together" means "Give us your money and we'll decide what ideas to support" and then they consistently push for lower limits with no data.

To LDWF "Let's all work together" means "Give us more money" and we'll pretend to listen to your concerns before lowering limits without showing you the data regarding the scientific need.

Yes, we need to work together for the conservation, benefit, and improvement of the fishery. But working together means sharing the best available scientific data, so we have a sound scientific basis for managing the resources.

When certain parties in the process always want more money, do not share available data, and want to exert their power by consistently criminalizing traditional and reasonable actions, it proves their idea of "working together" is for recreational anglers to "bend over."
Old 06-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,382

MG dropping the hammer today!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
OK... Noodle Creek.. U ARE COMICAL... I'll be YOUR HUCKLEBERRY... I do have a CLUE..... LITTLE BOY.. SO U think by opening the weirs, Rebuild the land lost along the channel, and Stop all oyster dredging; U all going to caught 10# trout on every trip..

NOT.....

How about STOP ALL PART TIME GUIDES ON THE LAKE.. Would That make a difference.. NO.....

Jeremy... I've heard U say U've spoken to David C with CCA.. Great.. Has David been an Assho E to U on the Phone????

No, he's listen to U..

But All I'm saying is all the fishermen from BL have an opportunity to Make A DIFFERENCE...

CAll EVERYONE U KNOW.. BUT WORK TOGETHER.. NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER..

U can NOT EFFECT CHANCE THAT Way.. Not cutting DOWN , CCA, The Corp., Me, Others on here who have a different opinion, the Oyster dredger, Marsh land owners, etc.

Jeremy..... U have my cell phone.. I U want to Talk to Me.. Call anytime...
No I don't think everyone will catch 10lb trout. But we sure as hell aren't catching them now after your organization dropped our limits and started calling our lake a "trophy lake." That's embarrassing IMO. Lot of good that did.

And yes, the ship channel HAS to be rocked, and something HAS to be done about oysters. I think you are smart enough to know that. Your organizationg should have been smart enough to realize this a long time ago. Too busy worried about fish regs and building reefs. It's hard for oysters to grow and stay in place when there is a 4 mile gap on south end of the lake for the tide to rip through way too hard. Salinity levels flucuate too much, and the washout is now a mud hole.

And yes, *****ing on here has brought a lot of awareness to a lot of people, things are fixing to start happening for the better.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
No I don't think everyone will catch 10lb trout. But we sure as hell aren't catching them now after your organization dropped our limits and started calling our lake a "trophy lake." That's embarrassing IMO. Lot of good that did.

And yes, the ship channel HAS to be rocked, and something HAS to be done about oysters. I think you are smart enough to know that. Your organizationg should have been smart enough to realize this a long time ago. Too busy worried about fish regs and building reefs. It's hard for oysters to grow and stay in place when there is a 4 mile gap on south end of the lake for the tide to rip through way too hard. Salinity levels flucuate too much, and the washout is now a mud hole.

And yes, *****ing on here has brought a lot of awareness to a lot of people, things are fixing to start happening for the better.
Agreed 100%. This isn't about 10# trout or massive number. This is about salt water intrusion and rebuilding what was once there. The weirs and man made reefs are a waste of money. Fixing problems and not the cause. Had they protected and rebuilt these levees in the beginning, the weirs would not have been needed or at least they would remain open 90% of the time instead of closed 90% of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

I see nothing has changed here.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:

1st off not person or persons can take credit for the meeting it was from many people like me and other on this site who have made noise and raised concerns !

2nd work together ??? If that was that easy we never would have a democrats and Republican Party would we?

As far as CCA goes I was on the board in lake Charles and besides one guide that I know of , no on that board ever spent more than 3 days on big lake a month .
If you want people to run a real commitee board have people who know what the hell is going on !!

Do you think we needed a 15 trout limit ?? Hell no ! But you want me to trust the same CCA that told me they would not support limit reduction with out the lastest and greatest data ( 2005 CCA supported a trout reduction with zero data )

CCA just supported a license increase fee for the WL&F and WL&F will not release any data

But now CCA wants data?? So you support WL&F to get increase in money ( knowing they Are holding info )
But now you want info from WL&F after they get the money

CCA should of had balls and said NO we the CCA will not support a fee increase until the WL&F released new data

But but but "sit tight " right
Old 06-07-2014, 09:52 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
I see nothing has changed here.
Right, we still believe that actions speak louder than words.

Or do you think that is a bad thing?
Old 06-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

I mean the arguing, people siding with/against W, CCA is the devil, people getting called pilgrim..

Haven't logged on in a while. Just an observation. I don't live in Louisiana anymore.

But yes, actions speak louder than words.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

I'm a tall gate the meeting ! I'm a cook da winers and buns. Gunna be so good bratwurst . I might even broad cast live for the desk jockeys .

But most off all I for one want to be heard on the subject of science of bad water.

I know what bad water can do. Look at all the regs on lead now .how u think that happend. Too many kids getting poisend. It affects fish too. And led is not the only issue big lake has. Any thing to help fix the water will allow the development of the fish.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Right, we still believe that actions speak louder than words.

Or do you think that is a bad thing?

You coming to the meeting?

Old 06-07-2014, 11:27 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
You coming to the meeting?

Wish I could, but I just returned to BR and not planning to be back in LC until the SC Tourney. I have already sent one email to the Oyster biologist asking for the 2014 oyster stock assessment, and if they discuss any other stock assessment data at the meeting, I'll email them afterward asking for it.

I am hoping that some trustworthy parties can report back here on what happens at this meeting, or at least email me privately with the info.

I think the most important thing we need to communicate is that sportsman will not tolerate restrictive management strategies unless the supporting data is shared.

Closing the pogey plant has made the weir thing something of a red herring this year. Redfish and trout are growing fat on all the extra pogeys and their offspring that are in the system now that there are 100-200 kilotons of extra menhaden in the near shore waters moving into and out of the system for the fish to get fat on. Shutting down the pogey operation has probably also left lots of other species that were formerly removed from the area as bycatch of the pogey operations.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
To CCA "Let's all work together" means "Give us your money and we'll decide what ideas to support" and then they consistently push for lower limits with no data.

To LDWF "Let's all work together" means "Give us more money" and we'll pretend to listen to your concerns before lowering limits without showing you the data regarding the scientific need.

Yes, we need to work together for the conservation, benefit, and improvement of the fishery. But working together means sharing the best available scientific data, so we have a sound scientific basis for managing the resources.

When certain parties in the process always want more money, do not share available data, and want to exert their power by consistently criminalizing traditional and reasonable actions, it proves their idea of "working together" is for recreational anglers to "bend over."
this about wraps up the whole situation and any changes that need to be made need to be made from within WLF and CCA and not that WE need to stop complaining and getting others to take interest and paying closer attention to what is really going on within those organizations and the actions they put forth.

shining a bright light on what they are doing AND NOT DOING is a good thing and the only reason they are running scared now and seeking public input they always turn a deaf ear to.

contrary to their wanting to ignore it, raising these issues in public forums is getting as lot of attention and the word is getting out and spreading that people need to stop blindly supporting CCA and WLF and just hoping they are doing good things but instead find out the truth behind what they really are concentrating their efforts on to hurt the very people they portend to support.

contrary to those saying complaining on forums does no good, the evidence of recent developments has shown that to be a false argument and raising hell on forums does indeed bring results so those (for whatever reasons) cant make it to the meeting to raise hell in person can still make a difference by spreading the word and getting more people to open their eyes and start paying attention to whats going on.