SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:04 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

I heard DU has been offering free "Bounce Da Hen" clinics up and down the MS flyway. The enhanced calling techniques are working to shortstop the birds.

They recruited this guy to lead the clinics.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4JSeKvJFiA
Old 10-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Flounder

Cash: 449
Default Oops guess this is top secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
this is where you just lost me. There were already breeding sanctuaries? So the prairie potholes being converted to agricultural production means nothing to you?

I keep seeing this "for thousands of years" crap. Who is arguing that crap? If anything, it's the anti-DU crowd that thinks DU is purposely changing the flyway with these practices. If you are trying to suggest that habitat work does not need to be done across the flyway, then we need not even continue this conversation. It would be pointless for me or anyone else to point out all of the degraded habitat from the breeding grounds in the Prairie Potholes to the coastal marshes in Louisiana.
MY OH MY, I GUESS THIS IS TOP SECRET INFORMATION. Look at the Coinciding map info.

One is DU projects the other is Flyway changes. Notice the large vacant spaces missing red dots in south Louisiana.
Attached Images
File Type: gif arkansas2.gif (32.3 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg Flyway Populations.jpg (57.5 KB, 137 views)
Old 10-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I was gonna jump into this but Smalls has already said everything I was thinking in a more eloquent way than I wouldve put it.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
I heard DU has been offering free "Bounce Da Hen" clinics up and down the MS flyway. The enhanced calling techniques are working to shortstop the birds.

That never gets old
Old 10-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Flounder

Default Meaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I was gonna jump into this but Smalls has already said everything I was thinking in a more eloquent way than I wouldve put it.
Hey Meaux,

I get it, everyone has their opinion. I respect Smalls decision to support DU. I used to support DU, I dont anymore, based on things I have discovered.

If smalls and all the other DU supporters want to support DU then let them. I have no issue with that.

But I just want to let people know of the things most dont know about.

Call LDWF and ask them for the Hunting census' for the last 5 years, and see what the count has been. Most people would be shocked to see how far the drop in killed birds has been.

This is for a reason, and Im just relaying the info.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:31 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeathers00 View Post
MY OH MY, I GUESS THIS IS TOP SECRET INFORMATION. Look at the Coinciding map info.

One is DU projects the other is Flyway changes. Notice the large vacant spaces missing red dots in south Louisiana.
What am I looking at here? A bunch of DU projects?

Ok. Have I argued they aren't putting in projects? No. Quite the contrary.

"One is flyway changes"

What?!?! What are you talking about one is "flyway changes"? Both of those clearly show the same thing! I see quite a lot of red dots in Louisiana, by the way.

But I guess since the large one doesn't include a legend, you can claim it shows what ever you want. Clever old boy, clever.

And a lot of Vacant space in Missouri, which you earlier claimed was one place DU was spending lots of OUR money.

Looks like most of the money is focused along the Mississippi River, with a very large amount in both Arkansas and Louisiana.

Would it make a difference to you if I pointed out that Arkansas kicks our *** in rice production every year? And that many claim the reason for the decreased duck numbers in SWLA is the lack of rice production? I've heard that argument made many times. Does it make a difference that Arkansas had nearly 3.5 times the rice acreage that Louisiana did in 2014?

It seems to me that people want to blame DU when landscape changes far from DU's control are more likely the cause of "decreased" duck numbers in Louisiana. Are our wetland conditions not worse today than they were 20 years ago? Are our crop productions not worse today than they were 20 years ago? Are our hunter numbers not higher today than they were 20 years ago?

More pressure, less habitat in the south; More habitat in the north. And people wonder why there aren't as many ducks down here.

Last edited by Smalls; 10-28-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Flounder

Default SMALLS

SMALLS,,

Seriously, the map shift shows the drop in population in SOUTH SOUTH SOUTH SOUTH Louisiana. 10-15 years ago, that map would have been solid Red across the Coastal and I-10 corridor.

The map on the Left is DU projects, the map on the Right is DUCK POPULATIONS in the FLYWAY. The right map is not DU PROJECTS>

But for the sake of arguing. We get it, you support DU. Great Job. Keep supporting them.

Many of us do not, and that's our choice. You have your reason why, and we have our reason why.

But at the end of the day, the DUCK populations in South La have fallen.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:53 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
SMALLS,,

Seriously, the map shift shows the drop in population in SOUTH SOUTH SOUTH SOUTH Louisiana. 10-15 years ago, that map would have been solid Red across the Coastal and I-10 corridor.

The map on the Left is DU projects, the map on the Right is DUCK POPULATIONS in the FLYWAY. The right map is not DU PROJECTS>

But for the sake of arguing. We get it, you support DU. Great Job. Keep supporting them.

Many of us do not, and that's our choice. You have your reason why, and we have our reason why.

But at the end of the day, the DUCK populations in South La have fallen.
Link to the map then, because from what I'm looking at, it is the exact same as the one to the left, but shows the entire mississippi flyway. How you can argue any different, I don't understand.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:55 AM
King Mackeral

Funny, just found your map right here. It is, in fact, a map of the projects in the Mississippi Flyway.

http://www.ducks.org/conservation/wh...issippi-flyway

Care to spread any more lies?
Old 10-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Flounder

Default Bingo smalls bingo

Quote:
Link to the map then, because from what I'm looking at, it is the exact same as the one to the left, but shows the entire central flyway. How you can argue any different, I don't understand.
IT DOES LOOK THE SAME> ABSOLUTEY.

THAT IS THE POINT> The DIRECT reflection of DU projects in Arkansas and Missouri (Along the Mississippi River as you say) shows a direct impact on the FLYWAY and where the birds migrate.

That's been my whole point.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:03 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Funny, just found your map right here. It is, in fact, a map of the projects in the Mississippi Flyway.

http://www.ducks.org/conservation/wh...issippi-flyway

Care to spread any more lies?
LOL, and WHERE is the most projects being done?????? Come one Smalls, what part of that map and link you just sent concentrated on??

ARKANSAS.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:03 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
IT DOES LOOK THE SAME> ABSOLUTEY.

THAT IS THE POINT> The DIRECT reflection of DU projects in Arkansas and Missouri (Along the Mississippi River as you say) shows a direct impact on the FLYWAY and where the birds migrate.

That's been my whole point.
You clearly have something loose in your head. The map is the same, and does not make any assumptions about the migration.

YOU are making assumptions about the figure and its relation to the migration.

If the figure relates to migration, then how many ducks does each of those dots equal?

Quote:
LOL, and WHERE is the most projects being done?????? Come one Smalls, what part of that map and link you just sent concentrated on??

ARKANSAS.
You're bent, plain and simple. You can tell, without a doubt, that the most parts are taking place in Arkansas?

Care to weigh in on my point regarding rice production? Or habitat loss? Or do those points just work against your agenda?
Old 10-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Hey Meaux,

I get it, everyone has their opinion. I respect Smalls decision to support DU. I used to support DU, I dont anymore, based on things I have discovered.

If smalls and all the other DU supporters want to support DU then let them. I have no issue with that.

But I just want to let people know of the things most dont know about.

Call LDWF and ask them for the Hunting census' for the last 5 years, and see what the count has been. Most people would be shocked to see how far the drop in killed birds has been.

This is for a reason, and Im just relaying the info.

Your basing your opinion on voluntary harvest data sent by hunters?

It's difficult or impossible arguing with a person who lacks the ability to interpret data and the value or validity it contains. And that my friends is why this debate will never change.

And a shout out to Dr. Billy Delany for teaching us to use critical thinking.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:20 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

"Steady decline over the last 20 years"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446045634.226635.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2015, 10:41 AM
Flounder

Default SMALLS

Quote:
You clearly have something loose in your head. The map is the same, and does not make any assumptions about the migration.

If the figure relates to migration, then how many ducks does each of those dots equal?

You're bent, plain and simple. You can tell, without a doubt, that the most parts are taking place in Arkansas?

Care to weigh in on my point regarding rice production? Or habitat loss? Or do those points just work against your agenda?
Smalls,

First, lets not go there with LOOSE in my head. Its obvious your passionate about your opinion, but does not require attacks, because believe me, Im not the guy you want to go there with.

Now, with all the conversation we have been having , you again, repeated what I stated earlier with RICE IN ARKANSAS. I said the same thing several threads ago.

20 years ago, ARKANSAS was not a large rice producing state. NOW THEY ARE. hmm, ducks eat rice.

SO now, you have three factors now wrapped around the Arkansas factor.

1. Increase in Rice production
2. Increase in DU projects
3. Increase in water habitat (Rice ponds, DU projects )
Old 10-28-2015, 10:41 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post

You guys are a-holes.. again... lol

I'd say the guy has improved big time from the double handed wench
https://youtu.be/HKWVMn9pw-M

And as far as the DU / Delta thing. I support both as much as possible. Makes my conscience feel a little better after a good Spoon raping...
Old 10-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Flounder

Default SMALLS

Quote:

PLUS SMALLS,

Your 26 years old. Your not old enough to have seen the years past in the hunting populations.

Lets do the math, your 26, which means you been hunting maybe a total of 12 years.

Do you remember the hay days when Gueydan LA was the duck capital

Do you remember the Points system, and when LDWF had to drop the limits to 3 birds

NOPE, too young.

But Hey, we are so glad you support DU. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:47 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Smalls,

First, lets not go there with LOOSE in my head. Its obvious your passionate about your opinion, but does not require attacks, because believe me, Im not the guy you want to go there with.

Now, with all the conversation we have been having , you again, repeated what I stated earlier with RICE IN ARKANSAS. I said the same thing several threads ago.

20 years ago, ARKANSAS was not a large rice producing state. NOW THEY ARE. hmm, ducks eat rice.

SO now, you have three factors now wrapped around the Arkansas factor.

1. Increase in Rice production

2. Increase in DU projects

3. Increase in water habitat (Rice ponds, DU projects )

Louisiana kills more ducks than Arkansas.

http://www.flyways.us/sites/default/..._estimates.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Flounder

[QUOTE=AubreyLaHaye458;777164]Louisiana kills more ducks than Arkansas.

http://www.flyways.us/sites/default/..._estimates.pdf

Hey Aubrey,

Please show me where I said ARKANSAS Kills more than LOUISIANA.

I have been making the same point the WHOLE Time.

Louisiana Duck populations, MAINLY BIG DUCKS. have declined, because of the changes in ARKANSAS. Never said ARKANSAS kills more ducks
Old 10-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth View Post
You guys are a-holes.. again... lol

I'd say the guy has improved big time from the double handed wench
https://youtu.be/HKWVMn9pw-M

And as far as the DU / Delta thing. I support both as much as possible. Makes my conscience feel a little better after a good Spoon raping...
Lol I agree with every statement, he does sound better, he just needs to make that call beg some more. Wait I don't rape spoonbills, I choot em in the face.