SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 06-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921
Default why is LDWF out at Medusa?

last week I was fixing to fly in from a rig next to the Medusa production facility way the heck out there in Mississippi Caynon. I see a boat come flying up to the rig and it's a 30-40' LDWF boat with four 300 mercs on the back.
they circle the rig a few times then drive off.

what do u think they were looking for? maybe somebody fishing off the rig?
can they even do anything to anybody out there in international waters?
just seemed strange to me to see ldwf instead of coast guard or homeland security way the heck out there past state waters.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

sounds like a monumental waste of taxpayer dollars if you ask me. imagine all the fuel that boat sucked down!
Old 11-30-2017, 02:53 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 619

That's a research vessel. Tagging sharks probably.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post
sounds like a monumental waste of taxpayer dollars if you ask me. imagine all the fuel that boat sucked down!
That's not a taxpayer waste. That would be a budget investment. That's how they work. Alotted budget year to year. You have to make sure all of the money is spent or you get less money next year. They don't consider it a waste at our expense. It's job security for them. Spend all the money and maybe more so they can ask for a bigger budget next year. All the while it's the same people trying to hunt down people that may have an extra duck or fish to eat so they can write a ticket and think they did a good deed. They literally stole money from a person to finaince their life. Possum cops suck. They have that job because they were not good enough to be a real cop.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post
And not a single frickin dime of that money actually comes from general taxes.

You know you can look up LDWF's funding sources, right? It's all license sales, federal excise taxes on hunting and fishing supplies, interagency transfers, and permit/license fees and royalties that go into the Conservation Fund. Not a single dollar comes out of the general fund, which is where our tax dollars go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post

You know you can look up LDWF's funding sources, right? It's all license sales, federal excise taxes on hunting and fishing supplies, interagency transfers, and permit/license fees and royalties that go into the Conservation Fund. Not a single dollar comes out of the general fund, which is where our tax dollars go.

I'm trying to remember at what point GOD created animals to feed us then asked for us to purchase the right for food. Perhaps I missed that verse?
Old 12-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:

So mad
Old 12-01-2017, 08:05 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
So mad
I'm not mad. Just can't stand ignorant comments. You can easily look up where LDWF's funding comes from, instead of automatically blasting them for wasting taxpayer dollars without even knowing where it comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I'm trying to remember at what point GOD created animals to feed us then asked for us to purchase the right for food. Perhaps I missed that verse?
Well, when you figure out how to manage wildlife so that it won't be driven to extinction without funding, you be sure to let us all know, k pumpkin?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
I'm not mad. Just can't stand ignorant comments. You can easily look up where LDWF's funding comes from, instead of automatically blasting them for wasting taxpayer dollars without even knowing where it comes from.

Well, when you figure out how to manage wildlife so that it won't be driven to extinction without funding, you be sure to let us all know, k pumpkin?

Still sound a Lil mad
Old 12-01-2017, 08:32 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Still sound a Lil mad
In response to ****man...yeah, lil mad...lmao!

I've heard that ridiculous argument too many times.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Redfish

Cash: 828

The way I see it. The people that B...itch and moan are the ones trying to break the rule. But mostly are people that doesn't know the whole story. I'm glad game warden are out and about make me feel safer because they are a phone call away.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Redfish

Cash: 888

Did it look like this? US Customs has gray boats with green markings and run four mercs on the stern
Old 12-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Sailfish

He used K and called me pumpkin. That is a little worriesome. I have nothing against gay people I just don't want them giving me pet names.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Sailfish

Granted I don't think a fee for public land/water use is unreasonable but private land/water most certainly the fee is theft of citizen money.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:10 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Granted I don't think a fee for public land/water use is unreasonable but private land/water most certainly the fee is theft of citizen money.
That license/fee is to use a public resource. No one owns the wildlife or fish just because they walk or swim onto their land.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
That license/fee is to use a public resource. No one owns the wildlife or fish just because they walk or swim onto their land.

So you don't believe in private property rights? On my land I own everything. Everything. If one does not wish to fall under that guide line they should stay away. Be it person or wildlife. If LDWF wants to control the animals that are on the property I own and hunt perhaps I should issue an eviction notice. Give LWFD 30 days to remove all taxed animals from my property. After the 30 days I shoot all of them(animals). I understand that your income obviously comes from tax dollars taken from peoples pay checks so you feel complelled to defend your job. It is a huge theft. Gotta buy your basic license then your deer license then bow license then primative license then turkey license. It is a huge theft. I'm shocked the thieves don't charge a license for each kind of stand a deer hunter uses.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:36 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
So you don't believe in private property rights? On my land I own everything. Everything. If one does not wish to fall under that guide line they should stay away. Be it person or wildlife. If LDWF wants to control the animals that are on the property I own and hunt perhaps I should issue an eviction notice. Give LWFD 30 days to remove all taxed animals from my property. After the 30 days I shoot all of them(animals). I understand that your income obviously comes from tax dollars taken from peoples pay checks so you feel complelled to defend your job. It is a huge theft. Gotta buy your basic license then your deer license then bow license then primative license then turkey license. It is a huge theft. I'm shocked the thieves don't charge a license for each kind of stand a deer hunter uses.
I don't work for wildlife and fisheries, so I'm not sure whar you're getting at. I just have a fundamental grasp on how wildlife management in this country operates, and a grasp on the fact that we would not have wildlife today if it weren't for taxes (pushed for by hunters and fishermen) that fund our wildlife agencies and the enforcement that keeps our wildlife around. Otherwise, we would be in the same state we were at the turn of the 20th century--diminished deer, turkey, and waterfowl numbers due to unregulated exploitation of game populations.

But the fact is, private property rights differ from wildlife ownership. You can post a "No Trespassing" sign on your property, and that is completely legal. You cannot, however, in the state of Louisiana resurrect a high fence and claim all of the wildlife inside as your own. Wildlife is a public trust. No one individual can own it. That is how this country was established and differs so beautifully from European countries where only the rich have access to wildlife.

If you don't like that, don't buy a license. It's that simple.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:13 PM
Sailfish

My mistake on your employ. No high fence on my hunted land but as long as a critter resides on it said critter belongs to me and will be dealt with as I see fit. Granted I do not believe in killing just to do so but if it eats food on my property I will make it food for me if I can. I don't the LDWF to dictate when or how that happens.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:30 PM
King Mackeral

Well, we will have to agree to disagree then. But the fact is, that's not how it works, and you can kill that deer whenever you want, but don't let LDWF find out.

And if it's a duck, well, definitely don't let anyone find out about that.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:36 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
You cannot, however, in the state of Louisiana resurrect a high fence and claim all of the wildlife inside as your own. Wildlife is a public trust.

But, as long as you got money, you can gate off entire canals and marshlands and claim all the wildlife on the inside as yours. I'm sure, again as long as your name is Gray or Henning etc etc etc, you can erect a high fence as well and claim everything on the inside. This is Louisiana after all.