SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 02-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 571
FlagUS 2014 Top Rod Big Bass Classic

Sunday Feb 23, 2014 Lake Dauterive
Marshfield Landing 7am-3pm
$500 paid every hour!! $4,000 payout!!!
Proceeds to benefit Boys & Girls Club of Acadiana-Iberia Unit,
Lydia Cancer Society, and the UL Lafayette Bass Fishing Team
$100 Entry fee per 2 man team
Top 3 places paid every hour $250/$150/$100 +lots of door prizes
Hourly weigh-ins broadcast live on KANE 1240am

Contact Roy Savoy for more info #337-519-3107
  • entries received before Feb 10 eligible for early bird drawing of 2 custom rods
Old 02-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

so will they have a total 5 fish stringer weigh-in at the end? How does this work?

I think I'm fishing it already but I am just curious. Never been there before either lol
Old 02-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

I haven't fished a bass tourney in years. I might have to come out of retirement and win this one right quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
I haven't fished a bass tourney in years. I might have to come out of retirement and win this one right quick.

Haha give a man some pointers for the lake. I don't even know where the launch is
Old 02-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
Haha give a man some pointers for the lake. I don't even know where the launch is

Me either. I'm just messing but I do want to fish it. I been there once. I know someone that I guarantee will be in the top 5. He might point me in the right direction. Flipping and pitching is where it's at though. Brush hogs.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Me either. I'm just messing but I do want to fish it. I been there once. I know someone that I guarantee will be in the top 5. He might point me in the right direction. Flipping and pitching is where it's at though. Brush hogs.

Well that's what I like
Old 02-07-2014, 01:04 AM
Flounder

Cash: 673

Quote:
so will they have a total 5 fish stringer weigh-in at the end? How does this work?

I think I'm fishing it already but I am just curious. Never been there before either lol
I think it goes something like this:

Every hour there is a weigh-in. You weigh the biggest bass you have. If you in the top 3 for that hour then you get paid. Any fish already weighed in goes back into lake. You can weigh in a new fish every hour if you want.(and you have the fish) You could also hold onto fish if you don't think it will make the cut for that hour. I guess if you get in line to weigh in there is no turning back.

Grand prize goes to the biggest bass weighed in for the day/or weekend.

Of course this tourny looks like it will be a hourly payout only. Its a different strategy, but more people have a chance to win something.

I like this format, but have never fished one. I watched this type of format on bass champs tv show @ lake fork and thats pretty much how it worked out.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe1967 View Post
I think it goes something like this:

Every hour there is a weigh-in. You weigh the biggest bass you have. If you in the top 3 for that hour then you get paid. Any fish already weighed in goes back into lake. You can weigh in a new fish every hour if you want.(and you have the fish) You could also hold onto fish if you don't think it will make the cut for that hour. I guess if you get in line to weigh in there is no turning back.

Grand prize goes to the biggest bass weighed in for the day/or weekend.

Of course this tourny looks like it will be a hourly payout only. Its a different strategy, but more people have a chance to win something.

I like this format, but have never fished one. I watched this type of format on bass champs tv show @ lake fork and thats pretty much how it worked out.

So I wonder if you can just weigh your fish for that hour and get back on the water ASAP or do you have to wait around the entire hour until you get back on the water? This is starting to not sound as fun.. I want to fish not wait in line all day!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Ling

Quote:
So I wonder if you can just weigh your fish for that hour and get back on the water ASAP or do you have to wait around the entire hour until you get back on the water? This is starting to not sound as fun.. I want to fish not wait in line all day!

I've seen the ones like this on the bend. It looks fun and usually goes quick.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
If you think your fish is big enough to win that hour you can weigh it. You don't have to weigh every hour, just if you think you can win. If you do weigh a fish you can get right back on the water. If you don't weigh then just keep fishing. Also, you can weigh anytime during that hour so there won't be much of a line.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
If you think your fish is big enough to win that hour you can weigh it. You don't have to weigh every hour, just if you think you can win. If you do weigh a fish you can get right back on the water. If you don't weigh then just keep fishing. Also, you can weigh anytime during that hour so there won't be much of a line.
Well if you don't have to wait long, I can see the appeal. My brother really wants to fish it, so I'm sure I'll be there. Any of you other guys going?
Old 02-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Flounder

Cash: 673

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
yes you can weigh in multiple times during the day. I did not know you can show up anytime during an hour.

I can see where a "spotter" at the weigh-in scales and a handheld scale would be beneficial.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Ling

Quote:
yes you can weigh in multiple times during the day. I did not know you can show up anytime during an hour.

I can see where a "spotter" at the weigh-in scales and a handheld scale would be beneficial.
Want to be my spotter? Lol
Old 02-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:

That is why they broadcast the weights on the radio. If you have a 5 lb fish and you hear that 3 bigger have already been weighed. You stay out, keep fishing and weigh the next hour