SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

Old 09-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Ain't sure October. I'll let ya know
Old 09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post
looks more like a mullet jr with a joint... now just copy norton's joint like ttf and you'll b golden.
Nice post......Have you looked at the Hackberry Hustler? Inverted tail, looks totally different then any of the other jerk/paddle tail baits. Plus the design is from HR&G lol
Old 09-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 632

Also Id like to ask another question, are all the lure companies using segmented body designs copying Norton? They have been around for years, but what do I know Im just a Texan......
Old 09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Flounder

Cash: 1,124

Quote:
looks more like a mullet jr with a joint... now just copy norton's joint like ttf and you'll b golden.
Learn the history of soft plastics Jedi....The segmented bait got popular in the 80's with the release of Slug-go www.lunkercity.com I would say anyone that created a segmented soft bait after the Slug-go got the "idea" from that lure.

Who do you sell lures for?
Old 09-29-2010, 05:04 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTF FISHING View Post
Learn the history of soft plastics Jedi....The segmented bait got popular in the 80's with the release of Slug-go www.lunkercity.com I would say anyone that created a segmented soft bait after the Slug-go got the "idea" from that lure.

Who do you sell lures for?
SLOW YOUR ROLL SCOOTER! u don't know me or what i know!.. your bait is a sand eel with a weak paddle tail and bug eyes. u know it, i know it.. hell we all know it .. I think you're just pissy because i pointed out the obvious to everyone.

If YOU knew what a sluggo looked like, you'd know that joint is much LARGER, shaped DIFFERENTLY and in the MIDDLE of the bait... yours is a direct knock off of a sand eel....AGAIN JUST WITH A WEAK PADDLE AND BUG EYES.. it's totally obvious how your bait was molded from a sand eel.. maybe some people don't see it, but I do..

Don't throw out crap rationalizations. so i said u copied norton... but, you're tellin me u copied lunker city instead? hmm.. not even close but ok.. w/e. you're just splitting hairs while trying to justify your unoriginality. it's ok, i understand.

It boils down to this truth: I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. That being said, I'm not going to discuss this further publicly because I feel it is counter-productive. I'm a professional and so are you.. let's act like it.

If you want to talk more about it, pm me or come to THE TACKLE BOX, 1931 Maplewood Dr. in Sulphur, Louisiana 70663.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Flounder

Quote:
SLOW YOUR ROLL SCOOTER! u don't know me or what i know!.. your bait is a sand eel with a weak paddle tail and bug eyes. u know it, i know it.. hell we all know it .. I think you're just pissy because i pointed out the obvious to everyone.

If YOU knew what a sluggo looked like, you'd know that joint is much LARGER, shaped DIFFERENTLY and in the MIDDLE of the bait... yours is a direct knock off of a sand eel....AGAIN JUST WITH A WEAK PADDLE AND BUG EYES.. it's totally obvious how your bait was molded from a sand eel.. maybe some people don't see it, but I do..

Don't throw out crap rationalizations. so i said u copied norton... but, you're tellin me u copied lunker city instead? hmm.. not even close but ok.. w/e. you're just splitting hairs while trying to justify your unoriginality. it's ok, i understand.

It boils down to this truth: I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. That being said, I'm not going to discuss this further publicly because I feel it is counter-productive. I'm a professional and so are you.. let's act like it.

If you want to talk more about it, pm me or come to THE TACKLE BOX, 1931 Maplewood Dr. in Sulphur, Louisiana 70663.
The Hackberry Hustler Soft Plastic Bait was designed by Buzz Stansel and the Stansel Bros at Hackberry Rod and Gun. There is a video on www.hackberryrodandgun.com with Buzz talking about the bait. TTF is the manufacturer and distributor of the Hustler. Talk to Hackberry Rod and Gun if you have a problem with the design of the Hustler. Talk to TTF if you have a problem with the distrbution and/or manufacturing of the Hustler.

The Hustler has a Flat Belly and "weak" as you say inverted paddletail for a reason. Unlike other Eel Style baits the Hustler will not spin(even if rigged wrong)during the retrieve. The Hustle can be fished like a paddletail, jerkbait or Eel.

I'm based out of Beaumont Texas...So it will be easy to stop by...thanks for the invite.

Last edited by TTF FISHING; 09-29-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:52 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTF FISHING View Post
The Hackberry Hustler Soft Plastic Bait was designed by Buzz Stansel and the Stansel Bros at Hackberry Rod and Gun. There is a video on www.hackberryrodandgun.com with Buzz talking about the bait. TTF is the manufacturer and distributor of the Hustler. Talk to Hackberry Rod and Gun if you have a problem with the design of the Hustler. Talk to TTF if you have a problem with the distrbution and/or manufacturing of the Hustler.

The Hustler has a Flat Belly and "weak" as you say inverted paddletail for a reason. Unlike other Eel Style baits the Hustler will not spin(even if rigged wrong)during the retrieve. The Hustle can be fished like a paddletail, jerkbait or Eel.

I'm based out of Beaumont Texas...So it will be easy to stop by...thanks for the invite.

Exactly. The stansels began pouring these baits for 2 reasons, they catch fish, and won't twist up on you.
Funny, the Stansels have been pouring this bait for awhile, nobody seemed to have a problem then, and even THEN they sold them to the public. SO whats the problem now?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Exactly. The stansels began pouring these baits for 2 reasons, they catch fish, and won't twist up on you.
Funny, the Stansels have been pouring this bait for awhile, nobody seemed to have a problem then, and even THEN they sold them to the public. SO whats the problem now?
Calm down Donald Trump!! LOL!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

bait smait ...baits are for fags so is fishing get a man hobby like screwing and whoopin arse
Old 09-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,319
Default AND????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
bait smait ...baits are for fags so is fishing get a man hobby like screwing and whoopin arse

Who is the one giving all the fishin reports from the southeast lately?????????????: help:

Huuhhnn??

Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Who is the one giving all the fishin reports from the southeast lately?????????????: help:

Huuhhnn??

dont mind me im just miserable no smoking my loved cigs
Old 09-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,319
Default good job

Quote:
dont mind me im just miserable no smoking my loved cigs
Keep it up with the no cigs. Have faith in you.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:12 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

The intent of this thread was not to try and critique baits to say what the do/don't look like - just wanted to garner opinions about a new bait in the works by Reaction Strike to meet requests from our local marketplace.

I have never fished a Hackberry Hustler, but from what guides have told me it's a damn fine bait that catches fish and prevents line twist. On top of that, the guys at TTF are great guys that make fantastic baits.

In the words of our ever beloved Rodney King - "Can't we all get along?"
Old 09-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

In the words of that funny ***** ,Chris tucker, AWWW HELL NO!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:04 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
In the words of that funny ***** ,Chris tucker, AWWW HELL NO!!!!
At least I tried
Old 09-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedatiger View Post
At least I tried
Why don't u try to stop being such a vagina??? Lol y'all fishin the tourney in coco this weekend???
Old 09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Why don't u try to stop being such a vagina??? Lol y'all fishin the tourney in coco this weekend???
No tourney this weekend, but I'll be down on big lake gearing up for the Poppin Cork King "tourney" with "*"

I know you don't actually work, so why don't you come down and fish with us tomorrow?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedatiger View Post
The intent of this thread was not to try and critique baits to say what the do/don't look like - just wanted to garner opinions about a new bait in the works by Reaction Strike to meet requests from our local marketplace.

I have never fished a Hackberry Hustler, but from what guides have told me it's a damn fine bait that catches fish and prevents line twist. On top of that, the guys at TTF are great guys that make fantastic baits.

Sorry for the thread Hi-jack ...BTW that new paddletail looks good.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Calm down Donald Trump!! LOL!

Snappin' necks and cashin checks son.

Was a he said she said and I can cry more than you war going on, had to step in ya know
Old 11-10-2010, 10:33 PM
King Mackeral

Molds have finally been completed on our Diet Mullet Jr's. Now we're just working on colors. Here's a pic of Holo Glow / Chartreuse. More to come...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Glow_Mullet.jpg (5.2 KB, 76 views)