SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Old 04-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454
Default APA

I remember someone touting Apache a while back... Dipped below $70 today for a short while... hasn't been this low since July 2009
Old 04-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Yep and glad you brought it up because I bought some more yesterday!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

I have some options on this stock it has taken a beating. Glad I did not buy it out right.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Tripletail

Back up above $83 today... if you bought when it was below $70 you probably have a nice return coming in the 20% range.... not bad for a short termer.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Tripletail

Still on the move... up around $1.00 today to above $85
Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Apache makes me nervous. With the current political environment towards oil companies being what it is and they have a lot of old JUNK. I see what happened to black Elk and think they have a huge target on thier backside. I hope I'm wrong....... I know "mature" properties can make money but there are lots of expenses that go long with P&A etc that are going to run thier profits down. Nope, I ain't interested. Good luck to anyone who buys in. To many other things out there that give me a warmer feeling.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

I was doing some research and found this company TPLM, they are growing fast. Bought in Thurs around 5.30 and almost to $6 today...
Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Apache makes me nervous. With the current political environment towards oil companies being what it is and they have a lot of old JUNK. I see what happened to black Elk and think they have a huge target on thier backside. I hope I'm wrong....... I know "mature" properties can make money but there are lots of expenses that go long with P&A etc that are going to run thier profits down. Nope, I ain't interested. Good luck to anyone who buys in. To many other things out there that give me a warmer feeling.
Apache is no where near Black Elk, Apache has a long standing foundation over years and years!

Black Elk is a fly by night company with a horrible safety record. Just look a INC'S that Black Elk has received over the last two years!

So to say APA is like Black Elk is like Saying Yacht is same as the 24dt bay boat
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

"W" you and I know that but what about NObamas libitard people? They won't even sell BP any new leases or issue them drilling permits! It's not about facts with these people it's about perception. And it's not only about that. It's about their operating costs. How many platforms will they have to P&A this year and next year due to new regulations? I know that those rules are being fought over but that does not change the fact that they are in place now. You have to make your investments on what is not what might be. Or at least I do. I like Apache I've worked for them in the past and have lots of friends who still do. I know how they handle thier business and many of the problems they are dealing with. I just stated my feeling on the company as an investment. Please don't take it personal. Buy all thier stock you want. I wish you the best. It'll be interesting to see what happens for you.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Sold my options with a strike price of 77 when it was at 84, not a bad quick profit. I had a bunch of options in Wpx at $15 sold them at $20. Now I need some new plays. I should have held anw, I bought at 5 and sold at 8.25 but it is still going up. I have bought and sold kog and anw over and over again for several years.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:25 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Sold my options with a strike price of 77 when it was at 84, not a bad quick profit. I had a bunch of options in Wpx at $15 sold them at $20. Now I need some new plays. I should have held anw, I bought at 5 and sold at 8.25 but it is still going up. I have bought and sold kog and anw over and over again for several years.
You probably going to think im insane but i sold all my APA around 84 and bought Apple... Apple is down 50% since June of last year and the next wave of Iphones are in the works... with the high price of the stock i only got around 40 shares but if it goes up $200 i will make a good chunk of change
Old 06-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
You probably going to think im insane but i sold all my APA around 84 and bought Apple... Apple is down 50% since June of last year and the next wave of Iphones are in the works... with the high price of the stock i only got around 40 shares but if it goes up $200 i will make a good chunk of change
That stock is certainly beat up, if it is a straight open play why not by an option vs the stock and limit the down side?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Tripletail

APA hit 90 today
Old 12-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I was doing some research and found this company TPLM, they are growing fast. Bought in Thurs around 5.30 and almost to $6 today...
TPLM closed at 10.47 yesterday... good call on this one W
Old 06-20-2014, 09:15 AM
Tripletail

APA went over $100 today... TPLM was at $12.00
Old 06-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,087

Guys look into a company called OCI these guys are about to do some big things