SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
IMO for the most part $$$ does not buy good hunting spots, I know this sounds cheesy but relationships and networking will open the door to good hunting that won't break the bank.

It's a matter on principle that most duck hunters don't have anymore; and that's paying too much money for a ****ty blind.

Stop spending $4,000+ on a garhole, if you look hard enough you can find a garhole for $1,000.

Your first sentence is the best thing I've read on this thread yet. Absolutely true
Old 09-06-2015, 01:03 AM
Flounder

Cash: 660

these 'outfitters' sprouting up all over the place is IMO the biggest reason why leases are so hard to find.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:47 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

I agree with alot said.. Mostly who U hunt with... I used to hunt with a small guiding service..

Mostly specks.. I started inviting friends I work with to come.. Mostly peps would have other duck leases..

Well most of my so called friends started booking hunts with guide.. Not even invite me... When they have other places to hunt. An this was my only source for hunting.

Now he's booked well in advanced. So insteas of hunting 4-5 hunts. I get maybe one hunt..

If oil stays a record lows, U will see prices go down a little... In my humble opinion.

But it's a rich mans sport.

3 yrs ago; me an 3 others bid on school section that was going for 7,500. We bid 15,000.

We were not in top 2.. Winning was 34K.. Go figure. The winner was the guy who had lease last 5 yrs.

One of hIs own partner's bid 30K against him.. This was all sealed bids. We handed delivered our bid the night of the openings.

Can U say back stabber...