SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Not to mention almost twice as many white people were killed by police in 2015 than black people and not 1 single hint of a story on national news. Noone seems to find the substance and entertainment in that. Pulling the race card is complete BS and I'm sick and got dam tired of it. There are people white, black, red, yellow, brown etc that are killed every day by police officers and not 1 single word about it. I'm sick of our racist President always making a racial issue out of these killings, even when the cops are in the right, when all he is doing is enhancing the violence that is sure to come with his drivel he spews. I'm sure most of these killings are justifiable, as does the baton Rouge case looks to be, but some are wrongfully killed and the cops need to be held accountable. It is a sad sad situation for all that are involved and their families. But look at this guy's rap sheet, the fact that he was on the street instead of behind bars tells us we have a problem with our system. Alpha, you seem like a stand up guy raising your kids as they should he raised. I would advise you this day in age to not be so naive. These guys causing problems with the cops do NOT care if you are a white cop, or a black cop. I hope you never get into a situation like this, but if you ever do I hope u do not give a known criminal the benefit of the doubt, because he will try to kill you just as fast as he would a white cop. Your family needs and depends on you too much for you to make the wrong decision.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

There's a lot more to this than what you see. Just please do your homework before you deem this a "murder". He was a CONVICTED felon in possession of a concealed weapon. Wait, can't be, there's a law against a convicted felon possessing a weapon. C'mon folks, google Alton Sterling, this stuff is not a secret.
Records show that Sterling was registered sex offender with a lengthy criminal record that included convictions for weapons offenses, confrontations with police officers, property crimes, and domestic violence and other batteries.
D
Old 07-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
There's a lot more to this than what you see. Just please do your homework before you deem this a "murder". He was a CONVICTED felon in possession of a concealed weapon. Wait, can't be, there's a law against a convicted felon possessing a weapon. C'mon folks, google Alton Sterling, this stuff is not a secret.
Records show that Sterling was registered sex offender with a lengthy criminal record that included convictions for weapons offenses, confrontations with police officers, property crimes, and domestic violence and other batteries.
D
Soooo .. If your a felon and break the law its ok to be killed bc your background?

Felon =gun= long record = kill him its ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ut-minority-d/
Old 07-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
Soooo .. If your a felon and break the law its ok to be killed bc your background?

Felon =gun= long record = kill him its ok

I don't think that is what he is saying.

The initial call said he had a gun and I think they were familiar with him.

Depending on the size of the gun in his pocket, he may not have had to get it out of the pocket to discharge it.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Once on the ground. They were suppose to proceed to grab his arms and arrest him. We go threw training on how to arrest someone that's on the ground etc.
They couldn't do that bc they were laying on top him tell him to stop resisting. But obviously werent trying to grab his arms to out cuffs on him. BC they where mentally out of it and on top of him. and the guy wasn't fighting at all. Obviously bc 2 200lb guys where on top of him.

I'm with you just judging from the videos I've seen. Yeah he may have been a scumbag that resisted but it looks like the officers had him contained. I heard one officer say he has a gun. So do I. I didn't see anything thing that makes me believe the officers were not In control and could have ended this without firing a shot. That said he (the officer) is no different than you and I. He wanted to go home after work and was scared. Any LE officer that deals with someone combatant with a gun and says he/she isn't scared is lying. Everyone faces a bad guy with a gun is scared.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

Old 07-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Lol

Old 07-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Looks like shirts are already on the streets of trashy BR...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cmx-ANBWcAEW3AA[1].jpg (81.6 KB, 128 views)
Old 07-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerun View Post

If police tell me to stop and don't have probable cause, I as a citizen have and know my rights and don't have to succumb to their "higher authority" just because they have a star.

Not saying this guy wasn't supposed to be detained at all, just arguing the validity and thought of this meme... It isn't a blanket rule that just because a LEO says do something that you have to do it.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
If police tell me to stop and don't have probable cause, I as a citizen have and know my rights and don't have to succumb to their "higher authority" just because they have a star.

Not saying this guy wasn't supposed to be detained at all, just arguing the validity and thought of this meme... It isn't a blanket rule that just because a LEO says do something that you have to do it.

Post of the day.....
Old 07-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

It's simple
Thug had a gun and could of used it
Cops had to eliminate the threat

It was eliminated with deadly force

Case closed

Move on!!

What pisses me off is if blacks (and Whites) put more effort into stopping violence on each other as they do when 1 cop shots a guy with a gun ..

Google black on black murders in Chicago for the month of June 2016

How many mad Fox CNN or NBC news headlines ? Zero because when it's black on black murder "black lives don't matter "

Black lives only matter when a white Person kills a black person "

Raciest to the extreme !!

Treat all equally but Obama wants another civil war but this time the south will win
Old 07-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Post of the day.....
3rd time I agree with ASR
Old 07-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
He was Fighting i guess yes but the gun wasn t pointed at the cop so the focus should have been to put cuff on him once on the ground

The cop pulled the gun out his pocket at the end

Yes it was a critical situation but it wasnt a life threatening one. Bc the gun was in his pocket. End result shouldnt have been death. Should have been an arrested person

You need to YouTube the video where a guy demonstrate today how you can shoot your gun ( same one Alton had) with it in your pocket

You kill the threat bottomline

No questions ask !! You as a officer have the right to go home to your family and not take the risk of getting shot by a low life thug
Old 07-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

It has nothing to do with race!! Black,Brown,raghead, white!! The man would still be alive if he had not choose to fight not one cop but two!! Life is all about choices you make, he made the wrong one, and I don't blame the cops one bit!!! You say cop was young and emotional/ why was he able to carry a firearm let a lone be a cop then??? Killing a man/woman gulity or not changes your life forever!!! Not just for you but your family/friends and theirs!!!
Don't be a dumb butt and don't get shot go to jail and work it out in the morning!! Simple as that!!
Old 07-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post

I understand and agree with you 100%. Sad as it is you have but two choices now. Shoot it out or fight it out in court. Both choices will cost you. They know this and that's why so many comply no matter what. Court beats the coroner. The dude was a pos and yes I think it could have been handled without a gun but I believe society is better off now by just a little.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Dats da SC tourney shirts this year right? Lm f ao
Old 07-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Sailfish

Gold Benz chain for 1st. BMW chain for 2cnd. Caddy chain for 3rd. If you get a Buick chain just consider it a participation trophy. Better luck next year.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:55 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Shoot it out or fight it out in court. Both choices will cost you.
Escape and evade is a valid (and legal) third option, if you can pull it off.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Quote:
I need 2 of these. One to ***** on and one to cover it up with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk