SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348
Default Ms. fishing

My family is building a camp near Diamond Ms. on the Jordan river. Anybody ever fish that area or have heard of anyone fishing that area?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Red Snapper

I meant to type Diamondhead Ms. Im just wondering if I will have to drive to the New Orleans area to catch fish.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

I don't know of anybody that's fished that area before, sorry.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 654

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
My family is building a camp near Diamond Ms. on the Jordan river. Anybody ever fish that area or have heard of anyone fishing that area?
Alot of folks fish the Pearl River Basin. There is also Pontchatrain, Delecroix, Venice area, Cocodrie/Dularge, Lafitte. Now if all you want to do is talk about catching fish, You could drive over to the Lake Charles/Big Lake area.

There are so many great places From Cocodrie east to the Pearl River. I dont know anyone that fishes the area you mentioned. Try to find a bait stand or fishing guide in the area. That might get you started.

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Red Snapper

Thanks Country that was what I will have to do. Im looking forward to fishing Delacroix being that I could get on some bass and reds. I will get a guide the first few times so if anyone could recommend one I would appreciate it.....I fished Big Lake Friday and all I can do is talk about it because I suck at that place when the winds are too high for my boat.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 647

I can't say I've ever fished the Jourdan, but I learned to waterski there a long time ago. I used to take our boat out of Henderson Point and go up the bay to the river. I don't know why I never fished around there. I pretty much fished around the bay bridge. Caught lots of species, white trout, specks, reds, drum, croaker, sheepies, and lots of hardheads.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Flounder

Cash: 650

I fish that area, Jordan River, quite often, especially in the Winter....what info can I help ya with...??? Mel
Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 715

I fish that area often as well, plenty of fish to be had without having to drive far. I have family and friends that have camps on the jordan river and further south on the gulf....several man made reefs in the area to fish too. Pm me with any questions you might have.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigSlinger View Post
I fish that area, Jordan River, quite often, especially in the Winter....what info can I help ya with...??? Mel

I guess the only real questions right now would be species of fish caught? Is it easy to navigate? Do I have to get out in the bay to be real succesful? And what is the best time of the year to catch em?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Flounder

Cash: 650

You can catch Trout, Redfish, Flounder,etc....Basically the same fish that are in all the La. estuarys...The river is fairly easy to get around, especially in the summer...but, in the winter with the lower water levels, there are a few spots where you need to be careful..You can fish the river year-round ,but, during the summer the bay and some reefs and islands in the "Sound" produce better..In the winter you can troll in the river and do very well...I have a buddy who lives on the water in Diamondhead and we catch fish year-round over there....I normally fish Lake P. but enjoy an occasional trip over there and think you will really enjoy it also...Please let me know if I can help any further...Incidentally, if you like Bass fishing....there's plenty of great fishing above the Interstate Bridge up towards Kiln...