SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 01-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338
Smile Gatortail does it again!

Went to hunt flooded timber in the basin this morning. Did pretty good, definitely could have shot better but thats always the story. Needless to say the cool air caused us some mishaps. my latch on the front deck was frozen(poured my last bit of coffee all in it to thaw it so we could get our life vests), drain plug was full of ice(had to pee on it to get the plug in), and the throttle cable was frozen(had to use carb cleaner to free it up). Well once we get halfway to the hole, the throttle handle breaks and we are stuck idling the rest of the way. If you hadn't put it together by this point, we are dedicated to this hunt and aren't giving up because of a busted handle. Made our hunt in the new hole and was very satisfied with the results, cant wait to go back. Now since we were close, we decided to run over to Loreauville to get a new throttle cable assembly. Once there, I ask Hoyt about other problems I was having. My muffler was cracked all around the header and asked if they had an aftermarket around. His reply was "man this motor is under warranty still, go get something to eat and we will have it ready when you get back". They changed out my muffler, installed my throttle assembly, and tuned my carb. And all they charged me was $0. It was another pleasurable experience going to GT. My friend was with me and he is sold on GT from here on out just from the service he saw today. Great job guys!!

And BTW, Hoyt said it was 99% the fuse holder that kept blowing my fuses. Ran fine today with no fuse issues after I changed it.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

They are good people to deal with thats for sure...Hoyt will be doin my motor mods as soon as the season closes.

Sent from an Apple Tree..
Old 01-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Ling

Im gonna try to get mine done sometime this year. right after season wont happen but hopefully before next season.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

What area did yall hunt today? We hunt not too far from louraville also in the basin
Old 01-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Ling

right around henderson.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

Oh, ok that's not around where we at then. We are closer to coteau holmes by the benoit landing. Did yall do any good today? Its been a lot of hit and miss lately for us. more miss than hit.lol Just haven't been seeing many birds lately.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Ling

4 teal,1 woody. Shoulda had about 6-8 teal, 4-5 woodies an a pair of mallards. But some jackleg comes right into our spread as we working a pair of committed mallards. Saw prolly 200 woodies, 30gwt, while hunting and prolly 100+ mallards on the way out. Wish we woulda seen em while hunting but there was no pressure to keep them up and moving