SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734
Default Dream home build

Well I was reading the cost to build a new home thread and thought Id share our dream home build.

My wife and I would like to retire in about 5 yrs, we both have worked very hard in our careers, and have been very blessed with some investments we made 15 yrs ago. Through diligent savings of such it has allowed us to do this. Im still amazed this will be our home some day.

The land is up in N AR (Ive already told momma Im buying a FEMA trailer to leave down in Venice for my fishing camp to come spend a week or more every month)

Someone stated earlier you like pictures..........

Old 12-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Beautiful
Old 12-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 918

WOW! That is going to be a beautiful home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Talk about a dream home. Congrats!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Thats awesome! i just couldnt be that far away from the water!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Beautiful place, whereabouts in Arkansas?
Old 12-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Wow..... would you consider adopting me.

Great looking home and setting on the hillside.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Red Snapper

Thank you all! Every time we go look at the progress Im in awe. We have always lived with in our means, saved saved saved and we never touched our investments and now its time to hatch this nest egg.

We chose N AR to stay as close to the Gulf as possible and be into some mountain's (I grew up in the lake Tahoe area) as well the land is beautiful and cheap, we paid 1800 an acre sitting on 10acres

as far as being far away from the water, it was tough, but Ill make my trek every couple of months, stay a week or so, maybe more in the winters. I will have Bull Shoals lake, and Norfolk within mins, as well the Buffalo and white river. Norfolk and Bull Shoals have strippers!!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Thats a great price on land! i just paid 12k an acre here!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

I've been to the Yellville area, near Bull Shoals Lake, a few years ago with my old man to pick up a Jeep. Absolutely beautiful land out there. The guy we bought the Jeep from was a real estate agent out there and we got to talking about property in those parts because we saw a lot of for sale signs on the way in. I couldn't believe the prices compared to prices around here. I said I wanted to do exactly what you are doing when I retire. Hopefully some of that land is still untouched and still available then. I am jealous!
Old 12-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Nice place. My wife and I are trying to decide what we are going to be doing in a few years. Once the youngest is off to college in 3 years we are thinking of doing something similiar. A huge hold up for me is being away from the coast and the water. We travel a lot and every time I go somewhere we try to decide if it's a place we could live but I always feel drawn back to Louisiana and the coast.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I'd like to have a mountain home cabin and keep my place in South LA. That's a beautiful home you having built.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Redfish

Cash: 767

[QUOTE=marty f;731151]Thank you all! Every time we go look at the progress Im in awe. We have always lived with in our means, saved saved saved and we never touched our investments and now its time to hatch this nest egg.

We chose N AR to stay as close to the Gulf as possible and be into some mountain's (I grew up in the lake Tahoe area) as well the land is beautiful and cheap, we paid 1800 an acre sitting on 10acres

as far as being far away from the water, it was tough, but Ill make my trek every couple of months, stay a week or so, maybe more in the winters. I will have Bull Shoals lake, and Norfolk within mins, as well the Buffalo and white river. Norfolk and Bull Shoals have strippers!![/QUOTE]

O heck yeah!
Old 12-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I've been to the Yellville area, near Bull Shoals Lake, a few years ago with my old man to pick up a Jeep. Absolutely beautiful land out there. The guy we bought the Jeep from was a real estate agent out there and we got to talking about property in those parts because we saw a lot of for sale signs on the way in. I couldn't believe the prices compared to prices around here. I said I wanted to do exactly what you are doing when I retire. Hopefully some of that land is still untouched and still available then. I am jealous!
We are very near Yellville, still lots of land, the market is not so good up there so there are deals to be had!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Nice place. My wife and I are trying to decide what we are going to be doing in a few years. Once the youngest is off to college in 3 years we are thinking of doing something similiar. A huge hold up for me is being away from the coast and the water. We travel a lot and every time I go somewhere we try to decide if it's a place we could live but I always feel drawn back to Louisiana and the coast.
YEP EXACT same situation, wanna stay close to water but want some hills too. That's we are doing we have 2 in college now one in high school and one in 8th grade, once the youngest is off to college we are moving. Our plan is to have this house ready, to just hang our clothes in, make a samich and sit on my porch. Ill have a small travel trailer or something down at the gulf some where.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

That's a beautiful home!
Old 12-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

Beautiful! I'd love to have a place in the mountains and a place on the coast. For now I'll have to settle for visiting family!
Old 12-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 836

Wow that is a dream home! Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

[quote=Lil Silver;731158]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
Thank you all! Every time we go look at the progress Im in awe. We have always lived with in our means, saved saved saved and we never touched our investments and now its time to hatch this nest egg.

as far as being far away from the water, it was tough, but Ill make my trek every couple of months, stay a week or so, maybe more in the winters. I will have Bull Shoals lake, and Norfolk within mins, as well the Buffalo and white river. Norfolk and Bull Shoals have strippers!![/QUOTE]

$1,800/acre and strippers! I'm in!!

O heck yeah!
Old 12-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Envy may be a sin but, I've always been a sinner!

That is beautiful!
Old 12-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 565

Nice. Drove through Yellville today on our way to Harrison. We live on the White River in Calico Rock.