SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-25-2015, 11:22 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Bull reds only day 2

The plan was to go right back where we left off. The winds picked up and shifted so going east was impossible. Once again we had the same 3 boats and went south. Capt Pete hooks up on the first stop. It is not long before Andy gets into the action. He starts out with a gaff top sail catfish then follows through with a very nice bull red.

The bite was very slow but the storms and wind direction held us in that area. It was the only place we could have some protection. I spent the entire morning there just watching Andy do his thing. Alex was getting frustrated watching this show.

The other guys were not doing well. First Shawn went to another area. The winds were picking up and shifting a bit more to the east. It was getting hard for us to remain in one place Even with the power pole down I was dragging and continuously had to reset. An hour or so later Pete lets me know he is going across the river and down near the end. Andy was still picking up a few so I stayed.

[img]http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/pics/userpics/2015/05/592-80840-p5221011.

Finally the winds drove me out of there but not before you know who gets 5 bull reds. The water color had also changed. I attempted to contact the other guys but they were not in radio range. I went across the river and down to where Pete said he was going. Once there I knew that was a bad move. Conditions were worse and water was dirtier. I had the guys put on foul weather gear and ran up the rough open bay. There was a little spray but not what I expected. Once in calm water I see this coyote swimming across the pass. The guys would not let me run over it with the boat so it was granted a reprieve. California people!

By this time it is just after noon. I go past the marina and run to the east looking for a last chance to find some good fish. As I am going down a pass I notice some birds working in a pond. I am already past the entrance so I do a U turn and in I go. Shut off the engine and Andy hooks up again.

Alex is still fishless while Andy is in his glory. After I release this monster I notice another boat on the other side It looks like Pete. I get on the radio and confirm. He is finding a few there also.

I was also trying to hook up a fish just to be able to give the rod to Alex so he could fight something. It was finally time for Alex to get into the action. He did it in fashion with this 30 pound hog.

From there on it was doubles. The fish had driven the bait into this place and were feeding well. Shawn was also in the pond up in back of me. He soon was right there in the middle of this fiasco with us.

With all the feed in the water all we had to do is get the fish to find our artificial bait instead of the millions of live bait around us. Alex foul hooks another pogie and Andy puts it on his hook along with his artificial bait. Cast hits the water and Fish on. By the time he gets his in we once again have a double.

After the other 2 guys headed in I stayed out there a bit more. It was hard for me to leave all this action but eventually it had to come to an end. What a good 2 days they had on the water under all different types of winds and waters.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 05-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 620

Damn nice! You ever need a deck hand? haha
Old 05-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

Don't need a deckhand for this stuff.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:55 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt hoop View Post

Nice trip, that hat brim needs to be flatter.