SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I have no "Dog" in this fight, but I have hunted with D dog and it is one bad machine. I would put it up against any dog!!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I have no "Dog" in this fight, but I have hunted with D dog and it is one bad machine. I would put it up against any dog!!
I love good dog work. This makes me want to hunt with DD.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Here's y'all's chance, www.entryexpress.net. Don't even have to do any of those bull**** whistles or hand signals. Enter the Derby stakes, it's just a "simple" double mark, and mostly 3-400 yards to boot! Sounds like the perfect setup.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducktrickster View Post
I love good dog work. This makes me want to hunt with DD.
Aren't "Robots" machines??????????????????????????
Old 12-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Here's y'all's chance, www.entryexpress.net. Don't even have to do any of those bull**** whistles or hand signals. Enter the Derby stakes, it's just a "simple" double mark, and mostly 3-400 yards to boot! Sounds like the perfect setup.
If he will agree to enter, I will pay the entry fee. Wait, derby's are only for dogs under two years old so the Marsh Machine may not qualify. Never the less, I will spring for either the Qual entry fee. If he can make it out of the 3rd series, I'll hand over the $10,000.

Really have nothing to lose
Old 12-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Red Snapper

Derby is my favorite. Its all about a dogs natural abilities....not how good his training is.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
I believe this is the dumbest competition ever.. So the dog will just run around until it happens to come across this 300-400 yrd mark? Whats the fun in that if you cant see your dog further than 50 yards? Isnt the handler supposed to help the dog find the bird?

So by letting the dog work on its own, that is saying your dog has not trust in you helping him get to the mark.. and i thought we wanted trust in our dogs?
The true definition of a "wild goose chase". As soon as you undo that leash thats holding that dog from playing romper room in the decoys, they get after it son! Them dogs know not to show their face back in that blind if they don't have a bird in their mouth!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Derby is my favorite. Its all about a dogs natural abilities....not how good his training is.
Al doesn't age out until July 21st, will let ya know dates we enter.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Read number 1 and it will be in a marsh any dog can run in a field. My poodle can fetch a ball that far and he is a ball dog.
Tico got that
Old 12-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
I believe this is the dumbest competition ever.. So the dog will just run around until it happens to come across this 300-400 yrd mark? Whats the fun in that if you cant see your dog further than 50 yards? Isnt the handler supposed to help the dog find the bird?

So by letting the dog work on its own, that is saying your dog has not trust in you helping him get to the mark.. and i thought we wanted trust in our dogs?
See That what you think. If your dog is trained it will trust you. If you have to blow the whistle all day long the dog cant trust your mark of line to go retrieve the bird. That is the difference between a robot ribbon dog or a rock dog.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Exactly, he doesn't know what a "blind" is so it will be impossible to explain said criteria for judgement. It doesn't have to be longer than 100 yds but will require a whistle and hands. Klondike fire station would work, it should have enough room. Thursday is my only day to run blinds since I am scheduled to train ribbon dogs in Laplace Friday. My definition "the real definition" of a blind retrieve and you got Yosef a bet.
Is bet limited to just me? I am pretty sure I can get 15-20 dog handler teams to Klondike for that kinda chedda.
What is the matter with the original 300 to 400 yrd your dummy launcher only shoots a hundred yrds. If your dog cant take a line and go without having to blow your whistle all day and not be able to see you, well keep on training for your ribbons.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

I thought we were in the trust tree??

The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 12-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Ok Raymond if you would like to run your dog against mine in the marsh I game. We can have a blind at 300 or 400 yrs. the blind will consist of cut grass, cattails and a thick patch of rozas. You will cast the dog from the dogplatform and let him go no whistles or hand signals after the cast. You will be able to see your dog for about 50 yrds and after that he is on his on. I will place a private substanal amount with you
What is so hard to understand about this either your dog can do it or not pretty simple
Old 12-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Red Snapper

No intelligent dog man would take that bet. That is why you threw it out there. Do you have any openings for the second split?
Old 12-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I don get it. So there's no time limit? Hide a bird 500 yards away, send your dog, let him hunt aimlessly for hours until he stumbles upon a bird? Where does training come into play?
Old 12-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

This thread is as cool as all "fish-off" threads with the $1000K" wagers that took never came to happen.

With all you big money guys going on about whose dog has a bigger sack, throwing out crazy numbers, how about you guys pitch in on something that really make a difference in the world like our 2013 Christmas drive! Families that we are helping would probably praise both dogs and, call em cute but, what these big numbers being spewed would really do is help them!
Old 12-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
This thread is as cool as all "fish-off" threads with the $1000K" wagers that took never came to happen.

With all you big money guys going on about whose dog has a bigger sack, throwing out crazy numbers, how about you guys pitch in on something that really make a difference in the world like our 2013 Christmas drive! Families that we are helping would probably praise both dogs and, call em cute but, what these big numbers being spewed would really do is help them!
Smashes "like" button

This thread is gay

All that money tied up in a dog to get birds

Show me a wiener dog retrieving geese, then I'll be impressed with the $5000 school he went to.

Carry on.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Needed a place to use this one again!!

Old 12-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I don get it. So there's no time limit? Hide a bird 500 yards away, send your dog, let him hunt aimlessly for hours until he stumbles upon a bird? Where does training come into play?
I seen't a dude come to the line one time and let his dog watch all 3 marks come out. Sent the dog for the go-bird and it ran all over creation til it SOB, then same thing for both memory birds. On the blind he kicked the dog off on "back" and crossed his arms and waited. He was confused and upset when he got dropped, "But he picked up all the birds and I never even had to handle him!"
Old 12-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
No intelligent dog man would take that bet. That is why you threw it out there. Do you have any openings for the second split?
There was nothing intelligent in that post.