SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-29-2017, 07:22 AM
Flounder

Cash: 729
Default Harvey

I sure feel sorry for anybody who paid to pump a rice field pond for teal season before Harvey came along. Got my water for free, Thanks Harvey.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:17 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Kind of a **** post what with all the human suffering going on right now..... oh and the teal will be widely scattered due to water everywhere. Good luck
Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
Kind of a **** post what with all the human suffering going on right now..... oh and the teal will be widely scattered due to water everywhere. Good luck
I'm sorry, for anyone who took this the wrong way, it was meant to be a "when given lemons, make lemonade" type of post. I was just trying to find some good in a bad situation. I didn't intend to make light of anyone's suffering. A few years ago, I experienced misfortune myself when Rita hit, just like a lot of other folks around here did.
I've paid for pond pumping, I would have been pi**ed if I had just paid and then got the storm flooding on top of it.
Guess it just came out wrong and at the wrong time. I apologize to you and anyone else who was offended.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:50 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

I could care less if my farmer had pumped before or not. That is part of me paying a lot of money to lease a blind from him. I pay the same regardless if he has to pump or not. Part of our agreement is we will always have water. I am sure he has the pumping covered in what I pay him a year if he has to. Plus we only keep few inches of water in our pond.

I recently got into another lease in Pecan Island on the North side that is just past the rollover landing. This is pump off pump on land. A lot of pumping off going on at the moment due to all the rain from the storm.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
I could care less if my farmer had pumped before or not. That is part of me paying a lot of money to lease a blind from him. I pay the same regardless if he has to pump or not. Part of our agreement is we will always have water. I am sure he has the pumping covered in what I pay him a year if he has to. Plus we only keep few inches of water in our pond.

I recently got into another lease in Pecan Island on the North side that is just past the rollover landing. This is pump off pump on land. A lot of pumping off going on at the moment due to all the rain from the storm.
I don't pay a lease, I hunt family land, if water gets pumped I pay for it. I have friends with leases, for what they pay, I would expect to stay wet all season too.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,020

Yep... either way teal will have plenty water everywhere, but then again they might stay in the area longer as well. Probably all the way until regular season.

Good luck guys.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Redfish

Cash: 773

I didn't find your post insensitive at all. You are talking about duck stuff, not house stuff....
Old 09-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverenuf View Post
I didn't find your post insensitive at all. You are talking about duck stuff, not house stuff....
Thank You, I'm glad somebody got it.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Redfish

Cash: 794

I can't imagine anyone pumping a teal pond a month before the season opens
Old 09-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
I can't imagine anyone pumping a teal pond a month before the season opens
We like to have water early. The mindset is, once they find us, they will stick around till the season begins. After 36 years hunting the same farm, you tend to figure out what makes them happy.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubass View Post
We like to have water early. The mindset is, once they find us, they will stick around till the season begins. After 36 years hunting the same farm, you tend to figure out what makes them happy.
I like to have water at least 10-14 days before the season starts. Let's hope this little cool front brought them in! My spot in the marsh still has too much water. Hopefully, by next week it should be just right!