SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-23-2016, 09:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 964
Default Maybe they don't know?

I am not one of those guys that thinks they own the lake but courtesy sure goes a long way. Homeboy anchored in my drift and got much closer after the pick. After tangling lines I said to hell with it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Under 21" with T-Top, and no trolling motor, you never had a chance.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
Under 21" with T-Top, and no trolling motor, you never had a chance.
Lol that's funny,but true
Old 07-24-2016, 09:59 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Saw something like that yesterday. Shallow water, guy was anchored fishing a point with live bait and catching fish boat was on other side of him about 75 yards away. They pulled up their power pole and motored 30 yards on the other side of him and powerpoled down. i guess they asked what he was using because I heard him say mullet. They started cast metting right there
Old 07-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeckWrangler View Post
I am not one of those guys that thinks they own the lake but courtesy sure goes a long way. Homeboy anchored in my drift and got much closer after the pick. After tangling lines I said to hell with it.

And I would watch out putting pics on the web without blacking out the background. You will have 20 people there next week. Lots of cyber scouts around that have been reading your reports
Old 07-24-2016, 10:33 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
And I would watch out putting pics on the web without blacking out the background. You will have 20 people there next week. Lots of cyber scouts around that have been reading your reports
Im sure no one knows where that is.....
Old 07-24-2016, 11:36 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Definitely Black Lake
Old 07-24-2016, 12:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Some people just don't care. Flip the coin and do the same to them and hell will be raised.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Saw something like that yesterday. Shallow water, guy was anchored fishing a point with live bait and catching fish boat was on other side of him about 75 yards away. They pulled up their power pole and motored 30 yards on the other side of him and powerpoled down. i guess they asked what he was using because I heard him say mullet. They started cast metting right there
That may have been me I was in a blue sea pro same thing happened there

Old 07-24-2016, 05:40 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeckWrangler View Post
That may have been me I was in a blue sea pro same thing happened there

Was a blue boat for sure. Musta been you never seen anything like that. You sure handled it better than most
Old 07-25-2016, 06:05 AM
Flounder

Cash: 482

I took part in a complete opposite story this weekend and it ended up in one of the best fishing trips of my life. We pulled up to the weir to fish early Friday morning and noticed someone was already there so we backed off and kept a good distance as not to disturb him. About 20 minutes later another boat came in the picture and started coming right towards the weir so the guy asked me to pull up close to him to keep the other boat out. When we got close to him we started talking and had a good hour of laughing and joking. Then he leaves to try another area and comes back within 15 minutes and asked us to follow him and in turn he would give us the fishing trip of a lifetime for some newbies. I said to hell with it and we loaded up and followed him and within 10 minutes we were slamming big hefty reds. we all got our 1 over and several nice ones just under the 27" limit. Doing the right thing paid off! We had a blast and made a good friend out of the deal. This is why I love South Louisiana!!
Old 07-25-2016, 06:35 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer0827 View Post
I took part in a complete opposite story this weekend and it ended up in one of the best fishing trips of my life. We pulled up to the weir to fish early Friday morning and noticed someone was already there so we backed off and kept a good distance as not to disturb him. About 20 minutes later another boat came in the picture and started coming right towards the weir so the guy asked me to pull up close to him to keep the other boat out. When we got close to him we started talking and had a good hour of laughing and joking. Then he leaves to try another area and comes back within 15 minutes and asked us to follow him and in turn he would give us the fishing trip of a lifetime for some newbies. I said to hell with it and we loaded up and followed him and within 10 minutes we were slamming big hefty reds. we all got our 1 over and several nice ones just under the 27" limit. Doing the right thing paid off! We had a blast and made a good friend out of the deal. This is why I love South Louisiana!!

Thats good to hear.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:58 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Awesome to hear lancer. That's wat its all about!
Old 07-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

We all have had jerkwads potlick. If the person approaches and asks, I have no problem letting them get down on the fish, I have even tossed over lures.

The pick above I think we all have our special way we would have dealt with that.

Death Metal cranked on the stereo and see how long he holds out comes to mind.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

Ol' Marque had the best idea awhile back: totally strip down and keep fishing.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

On my last trip to Big Lake, I also met a very nice young man.

About 9 am, I headed toward one of MY spots along the bank which I have not fished in a while. About 1/2 mile out, I spotted something on the bank so I headed a little to the south. It turned out to be this person wading next to the bank.

I slowly worked my way toward him......after catching a rat red on the first cast. I was planning on making a big circle around him to not interfere with his fishing area. When I was a 150 yds away from him, I caught a keeper Red and that started some conversation with him.

He was in a Yack and fishes that area fairly often catching Reds, trout and flounder. He shared some of his techniques and knowledge [small reefs] in the area.

An hour or so later he paddled past me going to one of these reefs. I stayed where I was and caught a couple more flounder.

I started working my way toward him again and learned more about the small reef he was then wadding. He told me his PR trout of 9.5 lbs had been caught in this spot. He told me to move in closer, but I stayed on the very outside and finally caught a nice 21" trout.

One of his comments was it had been nice to fish together and that most people on the lake were "jerks". He said that he is looking to buy a house up in Moss Bluff.... maybe we will be neighbors.

Last edited by Gerald; 07-25-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,124

I'm an inland guy. Ya almost hafta slow down passing some one fishing in a bayou but still some don't I blame it on a lack of knowledge and poor upbringing. There are jerks in all walks of life so it stands to reason some of the m fish, it aint like its a higher calling.

It's amazing what drifting past some one fishing and exchanging pleasantries with them can do for ya. I have both given and received great advice that way. I usta get a chuckle outa my four legged fishing buddy who would bark and raise hell at someone powering by us but stand on the edge of the boat wagging his tail and smiling at some one who came drifting by. Even the dog knew who was being nice.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:55 AM
Flounder

Cash: 517

I think they just don't know. Those same guys drifted within 25 feet of me while I was anchored, asked me how the fishing was, then told me good luck.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugas View Post
I think they just don't know. Those same guys drifted within 25 feet of me while I was anchored, asked me how the fishing was, then told me good luck.

It's perfectly reasonable to think that they had this happen to them a few times out there when they started, and/or grew up fishing with someone that fishes like this and they just have no clue it's bad etiquette.

Spend enough time out there in your beginning days and this type of fishing can seem like the norm - I was fishing last week and a guy motored between me and he bank smiling now and waving, I could have cast to the bank... I didn't have a reaction because I was speechless with my jaw hanging on the deck.