SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 08-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 437
Default Turners Bay

Anybody been doing any good around Turners Bay lately?
Old 08-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Yep
Old 08-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

I'm sure somebody is but there not telling anyone because they will tell everybody.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Tripletail

Fished it this past Sunday, Monday and today. There were boats stacked up around island Sunday and a few Monday and no one today.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
I'm sure somebody is but they're not telling anyone because they will tell everybody.
I don't think I will ever understand why people think this way

I have news for anyone that blacks out pictures or doesn't want to share information... THERE ARE NO SECRET SPOTS IN BIG LAKE!! Any given Saturday or Sunday during the summer you will have boats exploring most of the traditional spots that fish are caught.

I respect the heck out of people like MEM1971 and all the others for posting a general area where they fish.

About 90% of the message board guys are like me... we fish about 1-2 times per year and telling someone "West Cove" or "Turner's" or "Long Point" doesn't amount to a hill of beans with having 10,000 boats overrunning your spot.

If you want to post a report... then post a report... if you want to brag about catching fish don't post it in the reports section... That is supposed to be for real fishing reports.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post

I have news for anyone that blacks out pictures or doesn't want to share information... THERE ARE NO SECRET SPOTS IN BIG LAKE!! Any given Saturday or Sunday during the summer you will have boats exploring most of the traditional spots that fish are caught.

I respect the heck out of people like MEM1971 and all the others for posting a general area where they fish.

About 90% of the message board guys are like me... we fish about 1-2 times per year and telling someone "West Cove" or "Turner's" or "Long Point" doesn't amount to a hill of beans with having 10,000 boats overrunning your spot.

If you want to post a report... then post a report... if you want to brag about catching fish don't post it in the reports section... That is supposed to be for real fishing reports.
Exactly right!! Big Lake is wide open! If someone knew i was fishing Big Lake today and they drove around long enough they would eventually run into me.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

I completely understand why guys don't want to give detailed locations.If you post exact location, instead of having 5 boats in there this Saturday you will have 15. I feel like general location (North end/South end, reefs, channel etc.) is good enough. Also info like tides, water clarity, bait used, presentation, morning, evening is also very helpful. You can give info like that and not kill your spot. Marque's reports are a good example
Old 08-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post

It's pretty common since why people don't tell exact locations
Other boats kill fish bite period

If I'm hammering them in turners why I want to attract attention and boats ?

We spend thousands of dollars fishing fish and yes there are plenty of secrets left on big lake
I have several spots I have caught thousands of trout and never seen a boat there nor had anyone come near me
Old 08-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
It's pretty common since why people don't tell exact locations
Other boats kill fish bite period

If I'm hammering them in turners why I want to attract attention and boats ?

We spend thousands of dollars fishing fish and yes there are plenty of secrets left on big lake
I have several spots I have caught thousands of trout and never seen a boat there nor had anyone come near me
I've got no problem with you or Jared sharing your daily catches on the site to improve your business... I've recommended at least a dozen people to the both of you because you are both excellent guides that work for your clients instead of a company like some of the guides on the lake.

My issue is the manner in which "FISHING REPORTS" are posted on the site. If you don't want to share a location that is your prerogative... My point is that these types of posts don't belong in the FISHING REPORTS forum... the moderators need to make a new forum called "Guide Reports" where everyone that goes there knows it's only about the pictures and not an actual report.

No one is asking for GPS coordinates... but a nice report for a general area, time of day, baits used, water clarity, depth, etc would be a nice start for a good report. I know you do provide some of this information from time to time and I applaud you for that.

My opinion is that this is a FISHING website that is supposed to be based on sharing information within the community. No one wants to go steal your spot but guys come on here and read daily to try to keep up with the pulse of where the fish are being caught... I may decide on a whim to just go wet a line one afternoon after work.

This site has done a lot to grow your business... maybe pay it back a little with good reporting.

And if you are hammering fish in Turner's you don't need to advertise on a website to attract boats. :*****:
Old 08-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,211

Your wrong. I ask for coordinates all the time.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotLikinisAhabbit View Post
Your wrong. I ask for coordinates all the time.

Netlicker
Old 08-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Swordfish

It's summer time, it's hot, fish deeper reefs and flats near deep water (AKA the channel and cuts). Chase birds. Learn the fish, locate bait and have some moving water.

Reports with locations aren't going to hook you up unless you go the very next day and are there at the exact time and even then it's not guaranteed.

I fished with a guide 2 weeks ago on Sunday, hammered out good trout that evening pretty quick, storms came through and full moon hit and he game changed the next day. Those spots that had produced for 2 weeks steady were dead, and stayed dead the whole week! I spent 7 days on the water fishing twice a day and plunked away at fish.

I ended up lucking out on an afternoon bite when the tide moved a little, and if we wouldn't have broken all the rules and chunked top water because we saw some toilette bowling on top then we would have left that slot too and scratched it from our minds - we threw everything and not a single bite, someone said throw a top water... Nope, it's 90 degree water, super shallow, heat of the day. My buddy said screw it and tied on a super spook and went to work on 18" fish and up - that spot produced for 3 days while people passed us up and smirked because of what we were doing and where we were fishing. Day 4 killed the bite, tides got hung up and we're all off from where they should have been. What's even worse is any other top water wouldn't get bit, and even the superspooks had to have chrome, no other color in my boat those days got a bite

A weekend warrior has to go in with a solid game plan and be ready to adapt, you can fish a spot and be 1 hr ahead or behind the tide, and move all day long without doing anything while others catch. That week we had 3 boats on the water, one would hammer out some trout on the beach after sitting for an hour waiting, and the other two would high tail it down there within an hour or so and the water dirtied and the conditions were gone... They literally drifted east to west along the shore for 2 miles, and by the time I got down there and left my little bite the conditions changed and the boat was getting sucked north into the beach...

W or Adams could post coordinates today and without the exact time they caught and exact water conditions I would have zero confidence fish would be there by Saturday, those conditions will likely not exist anymore with our wether patterns and tide fluctuations.

Find bait, find action, find water moving, find a ledge near this and work the depths to find where they are holding. You cast and work the ledge, your buddy crow hops to the flats nearby and watches for any slicks, birds working, bait moving and so on - you'll either get bit or see something further away that tells you to go check it out.

The cards are stacked against you as a weekend warrior, hell they're even stacked against guys on the water all the time - stuff changes quick. Guides have the benefit of water time, hella experience, and a network of other boats to call on if things get dire; but don't think for a second those guys are hammering every single day, they struggle too but you just don't see it.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Swordfish

This will point you in the right direction

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/po...&mode=allwater
Old 08-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Great post Goooh!
Old 08-04-2016, 06:32 PM
Tripletail

I enjoy everyone's post. Hell just following Adams and waltrip and others pictures gives me a good idea on wats happening out there. Alot of dinks, hammers, numbers, etc. Right now the water is clear everywhere I've been and if there is tide I'm catching fish. Sometimes during slack tide ill go out in middle of lake and find birds, bait, blowups, etc trying to find a few keepers in all the dinks. Got really surprised a few days ago trolling up to birds expecting 10" fish like the other school just 100 yards away and ended up finishing my limit off with 13-14" fish. Anoither time doing and expecting same thing got into a school of bull reds. Its been really fun fishing big lake again after being away for 5-6 years. I will tell u it was a slow start for me finding fish in all the muddy fresh water we had when I started at end of April. By the time I found em in black lake the bite was almost over. But I learned a lot for the next time we have those conditions.
But to stay on topic I have pulled more fish and better fish out of tuners bay this year than any where else. That's not to say it wasn't better other places that day and time but I launch at calcasieu point and its close soi 7 out of 10 times I'm gionna start there. West cove has been good to me as well but as often as I goi and a lot if times by myself I just can't afford to run that far all the time. I been wanting to make a jetties trip. I understand everyone's opinion and all are making good points. Most important thing is to just go out there and have fun and be courteous to other fisherman. That's wat its alk about!
Old 08-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Redfish

Cash: 848

Gooh, that was perhaps the most informative post I've read in a long time. Your advice beats coordinates, time of day and bait used by a long shot. Thanks for taking the time to impart your knowledge on the rest of us.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Goooh in the lead for post of the year
Old 08-06-2016, 08:00 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 500

I agree with Roggoh. For us lamen, commoner recreational fishermen we would like more collaboration with others like us. I am not expecting the Guides to share their tactics and locations, but I would like a venue just for the recreational fishers. You are getting yours... we just want an opportunity to get ours. #FreedomOn
Old 08-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
It's summer time, it's hot, fish deeper reefs and flats near deep water (AKA the channel and cuts). Chase birds. Learn the fish, locate bait and have some moving water.

Reports with locations aren't going to hook you up unless you go the very next day and are there at the exact time and even then it's not guaranteed.

I fished with a guide 2 weeks ago on Sunday, hammered out good trout that evening pretty quick, storms came through and full moon hit and he game changed the next day. Those spots that had produced for 2 weeks steady were dead, and stayed dead the whole week! I spent 7 days on the water fishing twice a day and plunked away at fish.

I ended up lucking out on an afternoon bite when the tide moved a little, and if we wouldn't have broken all the rules and chunked top water because we saw some toilette bowling on top then we would have left that slot too and scratched it from our minds - we threw everything and not a single bite, someone said throw a top water... Nope, it's 90 degree water, super shallow, heat of the day. My buddy said screw it and tied on a super spook and went to work on 18" fish and up - that spot produced for 3 days while people passed us up and smirked because of what we were doing and where we were fishing. Day 4 killed the bite, tides got hung up and we're all off from where they should have been. What's even worse is any other top water wouldn't get bit, and even the superspooks had to have chrome, no other color in my boat those days got a bite

A weekend warrior has to go in with a solid game plan and be ready to adapt, you can fish a spot and be 1 hr ahead or behind the tide, and move all day long without doing anything while others catch. That week we had 3 boats on the water, one would hammer out some trout on the beach after sitting for an hour waiting, and the other two would high tail it down there within an hour or so and the water dirtied and the conditions were gone... They literally drifted east to west along the shore for 2 miles, and by the time I got down there and left my little bite the conditions changed and the boat was getting sucked north into the beach...

W or Adams could post coordinates today and without the exact time they caught and exact water conditions I would have zero confidence fish would be there by Saturday, those conditions will likely not exist anymore with our wether patterns and tide fluctuations.

Find bait, find action, find water moving, find a ledge near this and work the depths to find where they are holding. You cast and work the ledge, your buddy crow hops to the flats nearby and watches for any slicks, birds working, bait moving and so on - you'll either get bit or see something further away that tells you to go check it out.

The cards are stacked against you as a weekend warrior, hell they're even stacked against guys on the water all the time - stuff changes quick. Guides have the benefit of water time, hella experience, and a network of other boats to call on if things get dire; but don't think for a second those guys are hammering every single day, they struggle too but you just don't see it.
Good post

You are 100% right

Fish change and move daily and lot of "spots" are tide dependent .

I will go sit on a spot for 45mins just to wait for the tide to turn and start catching trout .

Take this pass Thursday, watched 7 or 8 boats fish a spot for 10 mins and leave , I told my guys to watch when the tide turns we will go over there and catch some big trout but until then we are going to keep catching these pull reds

Once I saw tide start pull out on crab traps I made the move over and we caught 7 or 8 trout with 4 over 4lbs and had shark eat one around 7lbs along with several more over size reds

We could of caught plenty more but they had to be back in for noon

I feel sorry for weekend warriors because they really don't have a chance to catch fish. With almost 200 guides running on Saturdays and everyone talking to each other
All the spots are covered up by time most launch their boat .
Old 08-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 437

So for the record I didn't mean for this post to turn in to a battle royale lol. All the fish I've caught in the past couple months have been west cove and south end of the lake. I was just curious if the northern side around turners was producing at all.