SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542
Default My first drive by!!!!!!

I've been seeing a possum around my house and he's been getting into my trash, but can never get the chance to either run him over or shoot him. Well today I spotted him earlier! I have a pretty long gravel drive and I saw him way down it so I do as any reasonable coona$$ would do..... I floored that Fn truck trying to run him over. He ran across the ditch and was skirting it by the time I got to him. The only other option was the ol trusty Bersa 380. I rolled down my window and took a shot..... It was a little low so I was making my adjustments when he got behind a tree. As soon as he came out from behind it I plugged his a$$. I jumped out the truck to see the perfect neck shot from about 10-12 yards. Those Hornady Critical Defense rounds almost severed his head!!!!! Then like any humble man would do, I pulled out my phone to take a pic, but my damn memory was full, so I called my dad and brother to rub it in. Highlight of my freakin week!!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Nice!!! I am currently sending brothers in blue to my in laws home with long rifles to handle a group of distructive pigs that came out with this high water! Yards are completely destroyed, but they should themselves early today!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Nice!!! I am currently sending brothers in blue to my in laws home with long rifles to handle a group of distructive pigs that came out with this high water! Yards are completely destroyed, but they should themselves early today!!!
If you need to get rid of some of the meat I'll be happy to help, cause I ain't eating that damn possum!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

I bet that was a sight!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

I had an armadillo tearing up the yard last year but could never catch him... One morning I was leaving at 4:30 to go hunting and I spotted him in the yard... I put it in park, started chasing I'm and got close enough to kick him in the a$$... He stopped and we looked at each other and he jetted out in the ditch... If someone would have passed the would have def been ***?!?!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 4,409

Matt,

Good story. I live out by you. Must be possum capital of the world. They feast on our cat food. I shoot them with everything, bow, pellet gun, 9mm, whatever. And, also, like any self respecting coonass, I took a picture of the last one. This one fell to a pellet gun. Sorry for all the blood but for a possum around my house, "it's a hard knock life".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (70.0 KB, 183 views)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I killed one a few months back with a pellet rifle, amazing how much power them things have nowadays. Gamo .177 Hornet did the trick on this one.
SaltyCajun.com - View Single Post - Any body have a.......
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
If you need to get rid of some of the meat I'll be happy to help, cause I ain't eating that damn possum!!!
Just wrap dat in some bacon Tboy!! Lol