SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers. So I have to go to a dealer to sell a gun to a private individual and a background check needs to be done. Aint going to happen!

11. Nominate an ATF director That might be a good idea! Oh wait, the last 3 quit because of politics............go figure!

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. So now he wants armed officers in schools.........what a novel idea!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers. So I have to go to a dealer to sell a gun to a private individual and a background check needs to be done. Aint going to happen!

11. Nominate an ATF director That might be a good idea! Oh wait, the last 3 quit because of politics............go figure!

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. So now he wants armed officers in schools.........what a novel idea!

Yep, some of these are right from the NRA's suggestion
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by W";538514][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbC5mEc6ipE
Fast Glock Shooting - YouTube[/url]
Whats the point of this waltrip...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou fishing View Post
How you guys think this will play out with states like Wyoming passing the firearms act. I seen other states like Texas , Oklahoma and Mississippi trying to do the same.
Nothing is going to change at all, there may be a few more steps to take to get an 'assault weapon', but nothing else. We are in Louisiana where you can go into a Wal Mart and buy a 12 gauge, a case of shells, and a case of beer Remember we also passed that 'strict scrutiny' bill for the 2nd Amendment in November also. That press conference had to happen to ease some tensions, but if you look at the exec orders, nothing really new is going into effect. None of those chain emails that were going around had a chance of being passed because that would be unconstitutional and they would have to pass the House.

I know W I know, Obama has already gone around Congress before and he doesn't care about the Constitution, 'out of my cold, dead hands', etc. etc.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Whats the point of this waltrip...

Thats how im going to roll!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Nothing is going to change at all, there may be a few more steps to take to get an 'assault weapon', but nothing else. We are in Louisiana where you can go into a Wal Mart and buy a 12 gauge, a case of shells, and a case of beer:
Good luck since them libs stopped all ammo and firearm sales once current stock empties
Old 01-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
Good luck since them libs stopped all ammo and firearm sales once current stock empties
Most .22lr ammo and .223 ammo and guns stock are already empty

I didn't see anywhere in the exec orders where ammo and firearm sales will be stopped. Ain't happening man.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Most .22lr ammo and .223 ammo and guns stock are already empty

I didn't see anywhere in the exec orders where ammo and firearm sales will be stopped. Ain't happening man.
Wal-Mart made an announcement earlier in the week and we know someone that called and headquarters confirmed it...... unless they decided to withdraw that decision
Old 01-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Dic-ks sporting goods caved , wal mart caved . We now spend zero dollars at either store.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Ling

Quote:
Wal-Mart made an announcement earlier in the week and we know someone that called and headquarters confirmed it...... unless they decided to withdraw that decision
I have to pass 3 other places that sell ammo/guns before I get to the Wal-Marks, so not a big deal
Old 01-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Quote:
I bought 3 cases of 22lr at wal-mart in Ville Platte yesterday afternoon. Maybe they wont order anymore?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyb View Post
I bought 3 cases of 22lr at wal-mart in Ville Platte yesterday afternoon. Maybe they wont order anymore?
No, 'they' are going to come to your door and get that back That was towards weedeater not you
Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
No, 'they' are going to come to your door and get that back That was towards weedeater not you
I don't have no guns so I ain't worried if they stop selling it at wally world.... I rather academy
Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post

I agree with #6 above. However, the problem comes with enforcement as the only way to enforce it is to register guns and then track them. That part I have an issue with.

It makes 0 sense to me that I have to go through a background check to buy a gun but then can turn around and sell it to anyone I want with no scrutiny...

Having said that, none of this will solve the issue of crazy people committing crimes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
I just went to the walmart here in lafayette to get a primitive hunting tag and the guy working there said they are still buying and stocking .223 and .22lr. He also said they usually get the shipments late at night into the early morning hours and they are sold before sunrise.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Thats how im going to roll!!!
haaaa....you can have your hand to hand combat...ill take a different approach with a lil gap in my targets an me!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358395358.308637.jpg
338 FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldsc View Post
haaaa....you can have your hand to hand combat...ill take a different approach with a lil gap in my targets an me!!Attachment 45143
338 FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm jealous
Old 01-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
I just went to the walmart here in lafayette to get a primitive hunting tag and the guy working there said they are still buying and stocking .223 and .22lr. He also said they usually get the shipments late at night into the early morning hours and they are sold before sunrise.
Well that will be good news if he is right, I was just posting what my wife heard on news ( since the news never lies) and what a friend of ours that called Wal-Mart headquarters was told. I would like to think that Wal-Mart would value their customers alittle more then just stepping down so easily to the libs.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Banning any weapon or any ammunition will give the Mexican Cartels another commodity to sell across the US border.