SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 06-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542
Default Toledo Bend bait suggestions

The wife, the youngin, and I are headed up to Toledo Bend for the 4th of July weekend. We rented a little cabin in Miliam, Tx. I'm hoping to do a little bank fishing while I'm there. We were throwing around renting a boat up there, but I doubt that will happen. I'm not much of a freshwater fisherman, so any advice on what baits to grab for this time of year? I guess we'll shoot for a little bream fishing and maybe throw a few bass baits.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:43 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
The wife, the youngin, and I are headed up to Toledo Bend for the 4th of July weekend. We rented a little cabin in Miliam, Tx. I'm hoping to do a little bank fishing while I'm there. We were throwing around renting a boat up there, but I doubt that will happen. I'm not much of a freshwater fisherman, so any advice on what baits to grab for this time of year? I guess we'll shoot for a little bream fishing and maybe throw a few bass baits.
Ft. Polk has a rental facility at Toledo Bend and rents boats very cost effectively to any and all DoD employees (civ and mil) who possess a current CAC card. I know this might not help you in particular, but the best deal going for boat rentals is the closest military base if someone in the party is a DoD employee with a CAC card.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Ling

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately my CAC card has long since been turned in
Old 06-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Redfish

Cash: 933

I was still seeing quite a few bream around the boat house just over a week ago so worms or crickets should work for that. If there's grass along the bank you plan to fish, ribbits, hollow body frogs, watermelon seed or watermelon/red weightless flukes, texas rigged watermelon worm with a light weight possibly pegged to drop in the holes in the grass. I was up there 2 weeks ago and the best bite for me was the first 30-45 minutes of daylight. A clear tiny torpedo caught quite a few fish for us too. I may be up there also, if I get the hall pass!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Worms and crickets for the bream. We caught a few a couple weekends back on crickets, and strangely enough, caught the biggest bream on a piece of chicken gizzard. The one bass I caught was on a baby bass crankbait, off a dock. One of my buddies caught a couple nice bass, but I don't remember what he caught them on.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Ling

Thanks for the advice guys!