SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:04 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
All of U are Delusional if you think Raising the Redfish limit will save the Crab pop..
I never indicated that one step, in isolation, would be sufficient in the crab issue. But raising the redfish limit is one step, that along with other measures, would contribute to a solution.

There are plenty of redfish. Since the commercial ban in the 1990s, redfish have come back very strong. Raising harvest numbers on redfish and black drum would be a sustainable piece of preserving good crab numbers. Of course, the number of crabs taken by humans needs careful consideration also.

But it is just bad science to think humans are the only major predator of crabs.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,075

Quote:
All of U are Delusional if you think Raising the Redfish limit will save the Crab pop..

Where is the science?? Lawlf biologist have got the data... I was at a earlier commission meeting... When the biologist spoke and showed the harvest data..

# 1 select crabs are being flown out of this state by the 100's of thousand of #'s a day to the Chesapeake Bay area...

And Crabber's are running 1500-3000 Traps in the water in Verm Bay alone.. Multiple that X 100 crabbers on Verm. Bay alone... Then go state wide...

Restaurants are selling boiled crabs 5-$6 for a regular male crab... 11-$13 a piece for Jumbo's...

Thats about on par with the Commerical Red Snap fisherman saying me catching 2 RS is ruining the fishery...
It was just one person talking about the crab population.

I'm more so concerned with the neglect everything on the west part of the state has encountered since "CCA" pledged to help the Gulf Coast. Also to relocate shrimp shares is bull**** to me. Honestly how many times a year does a average person shrimp? I maybe go twice a year if I hit them in grand Isle at the right time. They just continue to "do good" when all they are consumed about is money in there pocket. But I can't blame them for that, they are politicians at heart after all. If they would spend as much data on ****ing snapper as they have done on crabs we would be able to fish snapper a heeluva lot more and keep more. They have the power to fight the feds they just choose not to.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Big gun
So what does immediate family mean for CCA?
Old 03-09-2017, 03:18 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Big gun
So what does immediate family mean for CCA?
Can't enter your wife, so enter your side chick.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Hell I don't know how a guide has time to take his wife fishing lol

Mine made all the time , cuz I'm booked everyday and when I'm not booked hell with fishing lol
Old 03-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-addict View Post
It was just one person talking about the crab population.

I'm more so concerned with the neglect everything on the west part of the state has encountered since "CCA" pledged to help the Gulf Coast. Also to relocate shrimp shares is bull**** to me. Honestly how many times a year does a average person shrimp? I maybe go twice a year if I hit them in grand Isle at the right time. They just continue to "do good" when all they are consumed about is money in there pocket. But I can't blame them for that, they are politicians at heart after all. If they would spend as much data on ****ing snapper as they have done on crabs we would be able to fish snapper a heeluva lot more and keep more. They have the power to fight the feds they just choose not to.
SP AD

U must be living under a Rock... I've spent my money and attended GULF Counsel Meetings When ever they come close to LA.. LA CCA IS leading the fight for state management of RS..

Just come to a guld council meeting once... And see the amount of comericals attending.. Making comments, saying we the rec's are trying tyo take food out of there childrens mouths... Etc... Environmental Defense Fund pays most of the commercial snapper fisherman to attend EVERY GC meeting, no matter where it's held... Meals, Hotel bills, mileage etc.

CCA isn't Perfect... But until another organization comes up with better idea's.. I support them... I stopped Supporting DU... After Being greenwing state chair for almost 10 yrs...

Why.. Because they spend money on private land... Which doesn't help me with opportunities to Hunt... Just my opinion...

I can assure U.. Me and the majority of peps that support CCA are not in anyway Politician's, or silver spoon babies etc.

Quite the contrary... We are just everyday saltwater fisherman that have a passion just like U and anyone on this site...

If U want to effect change??? Get involved... Be part of the solution... Just don't ***** and moan...I challenge U to attend a GC meeting...

Just MHO...

Gunner

337-781-9581 Cell
Old 03-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Are these meetings open bar, or should I bring an ice chest?
Old 03-10-2017, 01:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
SP AD

U must be living under a Rock... I've spent my money and attended GULF Counsel Meetings When ever they come close to LA.. LA CCA IS leading the fight for state management of RS..

Just come to a guld council meeting once... And see the amount of comericals attending.. Making comments, saying we the rec's are trying tyo take food out of there childrens mouths... Etc... Environmental Defense Fund pays most of the commercial snapper fisherman to attend EVERY GC meeting, no matter where it's held... Meals, Hotel bills, mileage etc.

CCA isn't Perfect... But until another organization comes up with better idea's.. I support them... I stopped Supporting DU... After Being greenwing state chair for almost 10 yrs...

Why.. Because they spend money on private land... Which doesn't help me with opportunities to Hunt... Just my opinion...

I can assure U.. Me and the majority of peps that support CCA are not in anyway Politician's, or silver spoon babies etc.

Quite the contrary... We are just everyday saltwater fisherman that have a passion just like U and anyone on this site...

If U want to effect change??? Get involved... Be part of the solution... Just don't ***** and moan...I challenge U to attend a GC meeting...

Just MHO...

Gunner

337-781-9581 Cell

Firstly, I would like to state that your rebuttal didn't even touch on 97% of what I was referring to.

My honest opinion is as follows,
I know what CCA has done, I know what they try to do and I also know the bull**** they pretend to do.
They are in at gulf coast council meetings because its a pay check for them, anytime someone sits there supporting them on an issue as big as the red snapper issue is right now they are collecting money. If they were really wanting to do something good they would've funded a televised program highlighting the corruption that is going on but they didn't, and of all people who did a damn politician. I get that they cover there *** and they are wanting "to do good" but until they get out of that glorified circle jerk, I am sorry counsil meeting and start putting pen to paper all I see is a pay check for them. Because "saltwater fishermen like you and me" will keep showing up, will keep donating, and will keep thinking they are fighting for a red snapper.

And the whole time you are looking at snapper, just like you did following up on my post they are waving some bull**** law through to hault crabbing or shrimping. The whole look at this hand while this hand is stealing from you trick seems to be working for them.

And lastly, you living on the west side of the state have seen more shallow water rigs get pulled, more coast line get neglected, and most importanly, reef management get turned to **** something that was told to us by CCA that they would protect. Oyster harvesting in big lake (that's a big one), RED SNAPPER RIGS in 50-70 ft of water gone because they don't take action against the feds. The list goes on. Stop being blinded by what you think they are doing for you, because a long time of wrong won't make up by going to council meetings to pretend like they give a ****.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Are these meetings open bar, or should I bring an ice chest?
Ice chest and own lube.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-addict View Post
Ice chest and own lube.

Roger that.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
SP AD

Just MHO...

Gunner

337-781-9581 Cell
You are spinning your wheels trying to convince the unconvincable. Once they have their minds made up they will never be changed back. A conservation organization can do hundreds of great things and then do one thing that people don't agree with and somebody will get a bad taste in their mouth and only think about that one thing which is very silly and short sighted.

You are actually doing the same thing when you talked about leaving DU I could tell you 100 reasons why private lands are just as importantly for conservation as publicly lands but your kind is already made up and that's another bag of worms
Old 03-11-2017, 04:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
You are actually doing the same thing when you talked about leaving DU I could tell you 100 reasons why private lands are just as importantly for conservation as publicly lands but your kind is already made up and that's another bag of worms
I believe that's called "preachin to the choir". Or is it the pot calling the kettle black?

I always find this conversation amusing, and cannot wait for it to come up each year. Honestly though, I can't think of one thing CCA has done in Louisiana that was good. Yeah, they support atate management of red snapper...so what? That will only make it easier for them to push their agenda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2017, 12:30 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I believe that's called "preachin to the choir". Or is it the pot calling the kettle black?

I always find this conversation amusing, and cannot wait for it to come up each year. Honestly though, I can't think of one thing CCA has done in Louisiana that was good. Yeah, they support atate management of red snapper...so what? That will only make it easier for them to push their agenda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
They dumped a load of rocks in big lake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2017, 09:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,466

Soooo what is CCA's agenda?
Old 03-13-2017, 07:58 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
Lower limits on all inshore species.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,466

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Lower limits on all inshore species.
All as in fish. Shrimp, crabs, ect.....?
Old 03-13-2017, 06:48 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
CCA agenda is always the same

Docker shoes , tucked in button up shirts in shorts with costas backwards around neck
Getting ready for next CCA banquet to raise money for 1/10th of the coastal place they will spend it
(It's not going to be Big Lake for sure )
Old 03-13-2017, 11:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:

Docker shoes , tucked in button up shirts in shorts with costas backwards around neck
Getting ready for next CCA banquet to raise money for 1/10th of the coastal place they will spend it
(It's not going to be Big Lake for sure )
#sofrat
Old 03-14-2017, 08:08 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 402

Quote:

I went to 3 CCA meetings when I moved here from TX, All they talked about was this, the CCA banquet. Nothing about fishing, nothing about BL, this LA CCA is a joke
Old 03-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicR View Post
I went to 3 CCA meetings when I moved here from TX, All they talked about was this, the CCA banquet. Nothing about fishing, nothing about BL, this LA CCA is a joke
All about $$$$ no action

I would love to see what they actually do for 8 hrs a day in that Baton Rouge office ?