SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2017, 12:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 4-16-17 Happy Easter

Got off graveyards this am and was at calcasieu point for 515am. First one there! Pointed the Baystealth for spicers and made it there just before 6am. Thought they were closed but just no one fishing today. Got my qt of shrimp and off to black lake. Pulled in lake and put trolling motor down about mid way and 2nd or 3rd cast I caught a nice trout. Power pole down and sat there catching my limit and releasing another. Did not need the live shrimp but it was a faster bite using em. Limit by 730. Power pole up and easing my way to the 3.5 feet of water I caught reds at other day. Found one good red and more trout. Trout on every cast for another hour! Decided to go check out north side of pipeline. As soon as I got thru a few birds picking every now and then and more just sitting on the water. Stayed there for another 30 mins catching trout on every cast and then hooked up with a big bull red. Released that one. Decided to come in early so cranked up the Yamaha to leave and right when I get almost to cut to salt ditch more birds picking so stopped to see if any reds. Nope more trout and these are better size 18"-20". After catching and releasing another 10-15 trout I decided to head back to launch wishing I had brought the whole family with me this am. Easy easy fishing. But I saw 2 boats all morning! Great morning and had a lot of fun. Over 50 trout caught this am. There were some pickles mixed in but most over 12". Maybe 10 trout were under 12.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E39ED13E-6751-46AF-BFB2-1D94CB8767B5.jpg (41.5 KB, 582 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1155.jpg (66.1 KB, 585 views)