SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:53 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
50% of the country collects government checks?
I'll bet it is close that receive some sort of supplement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2016, 12:56 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,300

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillm.../#27a5e4c36233

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2016, 02:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,071

Well I know hillary is all for helping give them their free checks.I just spent a year trying to get my mom on disability after they cut her left leg at knee.they tried to say she could possibly do desk work.I'm 100 percent trump.I believe we should have a section of government to go and investigate each disability case and they would find 75% aren't disabled and they are passing up the elderly that deserve it.sorry for the rant
Old 07-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
50% of the country collects government checks?
I bet hits closer to 50% than not...

we have become a welfare country
Old 07-23-2016, 03:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
You are exactly right. The modern American is a spoiled brat that only runs to his daddy(Republicans) when he needs protection or wisdom to figure out why his life is in shambles. The rest of the time he stays with his mother(Democrats) who tells him he's soooo awesome, lets him do whatever he wants and pays for it all with daddy's credit card.
Well said.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I bet hits closer to 50% than not...

we have become a welfare country

That's a very generalized statement (just like the majority of Trump's statements). 26% is closer to 50% than 77%.

The middle class also gets smaller and smaller every day.

Things are not so black and white.

Disclaimer: I'm a registered Republican.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

Everything Trump said in his very generalized acceptance speech points to bigger government strong arming folks into what he believes is right.

Sorry, but f**k that. How about giving states and individuals the right to choose what they do or don't do with their lives/businesses.

Just pave the godd***ed roads!

Old 07-23-2016, 07:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonikoddity View Post
Everything Trump said in his very generalized acceptance speech points to bigger government strong arming folks into what he believes is right.

Sorry, but f**k that. How about giving states and individuals the right to choose what they do or don't do with their lives/businesses.

This is about all that needs to be said. Generalized ramblings and promises that will never be fulfilled. He's gonna do this, and that, etc..etc..etc.. Another spoke in the wheel of big government to keep big government rolling.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:07 AM
Redfish

Cash: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonikoddity View Post

Mitt Romney already ran the campaign for letting States handling more issues in state. Trump is no fool. He will not repeat a failed campaign.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,466

So how many people on here would send the check back if you had a reason to get it? Say the mother of your child died and you get a benefit check till your child is 18. I would be willing to bet not one person would send it back. Before you make assumptions about the people that receive government checks you may want to put yourself in there place and ask what would you do.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post

This is about all that needs to be said. Generalized ramblings and promises that will never be fulfilled. He's gonna do this, and that, etc..etc..etc.. Another spoke in the wheel of big government to keep big government rolling.

And your alternative choice is Hillary?
Old 07-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post

This is the problem, everyone accepts this broken system as the way. The fact that there isn't a revolt because of how we are forced into 2 candidates is telling of our state, not the fact that people lien one or the other.

This sty stem is a joke and is designed to give the illusion of participation by the population having any impact.

Any idea how many independents are registered? That's an interesting percentage to stumble across - when you find it think about how it can be what it is yet we end up with theses jokesters on the right and left.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:13 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
So how many people on here would send the check back if you had a reason to get it? Say the mother of your child died and you get a benefit check till your child is 18. I would be willing to bet not one person would send it back. Before you make assumptions about the people that receive government checks you may want to put yourself in there place and ask what would you do.
OMG you can't be serious?? You're talkin about 1% or less of check recipients. Besides the benefit check you're talking about is SSI. Likely that dead mother's money anyway.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
No sir. The is only one choice that isn't bat **** crazy, narcissistic, self centered, dishonest, and a cheat.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
No sir. The is only one choice that isn't bat **** crazy, narcissistic, self centered, dishonest, and a cheat.

Exactly, easy choice for me
Old 07-25-2016, 08:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
FlagUS

Quote:
This is the problem, everyone accepts this broken system as the way. The fact that there isn't a revolt because of how we are forced into 2 candidates is telling of our state, not the fact that people lien one or the other.

This sty stem is a joke and is designed to give the illusion of participation by the population having any impact.

Any idea how many independents are registered? That's an interesting percentage to stumble across - when you find it think about how it can be what it is yet we end up with theses jokesters on the right and left.
All good info Goooh, but the fact remains that for this election, Trump is our only rational choice. Until an independent movement catches fire, our choices are limited unfortunately. The last time we had a chance to affect the outcome was with the Tea Party movement and while that "movement" is still viable, it appears to me that it has been assimilated into the Republican party. At least we got rid of Boehner although I'm not so impressed with Ryan either, so far. IMHO, Cruz was our best shot at getting something significant done this election, but the peeps became so enamored with Trump and his so called "message" that he became unbeatable.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,124

A vote for anyone other than trump divides us and is a voshe wins and it is possible the very fabric of our life will change and the things we love will be taken from us starting with our guns Most of you have no idea at how close we are to loosing them, Every single one of us on htis forum are republican whether we admit it or not. We all need to /vote and not just sit here wining about it. Save our rights to be Cajun country boys and VOTE!!!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Exactly, easy choice for me
Enjoy Hillary being your next president. Making sure she isn't the next president is more important to me than voting my conscience.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:42 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
Enjoy Hillary being your next president. Making sure she isn't the next president is more important to me than voting my conscience.
I've seen polls showing Johnson pulling more votes from Dems than Reps. Bernie supporters especially. Would love to see Johnson at least be in the debates. The left wing and the right wing are part of the same bird.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:43 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Gary Johnson is Bat**** crazy! No one in their right mind can vote for that dude