SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Redfish

Cash: 848
Default Any Recent Beach Reports?

Thinking about visiting Little Florida early tomorrow morning...
Old 05-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,127

I'll be heading to grand isle in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2016, 06:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Looked like the wind was coming out of the NW yesterday afternoon, should be good.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,014

Water looks decent.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,127

Water was nasty muddy on beach in grand isle. This is the 3rd trip for the beach this year and couldn't even fish it.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Redfish

Default Beach Update

Started at Little Florida yesterday morning as the sun was coming up. The water looked just like Speck Wrangler's picture above so I won't repost a picture of the water there. The tide breakers are further out in the water than the ones farther down at the east end toward Holly Beach and we couldn't get close enough to the rocks to do any good because the water was just too deep there. We moved east to the breakers that were closer to the beach.

Threw the cast net and caught several finger mullet when we got there. First cast by the rocks there was a huge blowup by my cork, which went straight down but came back up a second later with an empty hook. At that point I wasn't as disgusted at losing the big fish as I was excited that there were trout there. I baited up again and threw around the same spot. After popping the cork a few times it went down and started running. I was able to pull this one in and get him in the net (fish on the bottom in the picture). Not too long after moving to the next set of rocks, I landed the other one. At that point we ran out of the finger mullet and could not catch any more. We then switched to top waters and matrix shad plastics but they wanted the finger mullet and we didn't get any more bites there.

We decided to try the ship channel and the jetty pier facility beach but didn't even get a bite. There was no bait in the water there. After tasting the water there I found out why. It was very fresh, not even half as salty as the water down by Holly Beach. I read somewhere that the specks need good salinity for their eggs to float and I'm guessing that they are in spawning mode; so they are going to be where the salinity is higher.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holly beach trout.jpg (81.7 KB, 506 views)
Old 05-19-2016, 05:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Couple nice fish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2016, 02:20 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 507

Anybody go out there this morning? Trying to get a handle on water quality.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelguy1 View Post
Started at Little Florida yesterday morning as the sun was coming up. The water looked just like Speck Wrangler's picture above so I won't repost a picture of the water there. The tide breakers are further out in the water than the ones farther down at the east end toward Holly Beach and we couldn't get close enough to the rocks to do any good because the water was just too deep there. We moved east to the breakers that were closer to the beach.

Threw the cast net and caught several finger mullet when we got there. First cast by the rocks there was a huge blowup by my cork, which went straight down but came back up a second later with an empty hook. At that point I wasn't as disgusted at losing the big fish as I was excited that there were trout there. I baited up again and threw around the same spot. After popping the cork a few times it went down and started running. I was able to pull this one in and get him in the net (fish on the bottom in the picture). Not too long after moving to the next set of rocks, I landed the other one. At that point we ran out of the finger mullet and could not catch any more. We then switched to top waters and matrix shad plastics but they wanted the finger mullet and we didn't get any more bites there.

We decided to try the ship channel and the jetty pier facility beach but didn't even get a bite. There was no bait in the water there. After tasting the water there I found out why. It was very fresh, not even half as salty as the water down by Holly Beach. I read somewhere that the specks need good salinity for their eggs to float and I'm guessing that they are in spawning mode; so they are going to be where the salinity is higher.

Swim out to the rocks next time. A pair of fins help with a strong incoming tide. Majority of the time I catch on the gulf side of the rocks anyway especially on an falling tide.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:01 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
Swim out to the rocks next time. A pair of fins help with a strong incoming tide. Majority of the time I catch on the gulf side of the rocks anyway especially on an falling tide.
I'll just take the yak next time. I can cover more and get around to the other side. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeyella View Post
Anybody go out there this morning? Trying to get a handle on water quality.

Its looking like it might shape up to be a great weekend. I plan on being out there Sunday morning first light if not sooner.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:31 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

If wins hold north or calm should be on
Old 05-21-2016, 08:23 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
If wins hold north or calm should be on
It is shaping up very nicely, lite winds and out of the north. Perfect day for surf fishing.

uploadfromtaptalk1463836923568.jpg

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Redfish

Looks like the winds will be back out of the north and very favorable for surf fishing on Memorial Day and the day after.

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/cameron-airstrip