SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-20-2018, 01:45 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,329
Default Game Camara

Anybody uses the new Cuddeback Cuddelink cellar camera system? I'm looking for reviews and if it's worth the investment or not. We have a few hundred acres and I've tried the Moultrie mobile and Covert cameras and haven't had much luck.

What about the Spypoint Link Evo?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Spelled Camera wrong in the title and spell check didn't catch it! No internet grammar police!
Old 08-20-2018, 03:50 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

I've been looking into Cuddelink too, hard to find info on them, but will report if i find some.
I was considering just buying the Moultrie Modem (also hard to find right now) since I alrady have Moultrie cameras. You didn't like the Moultrie cell system?
Old 08-20-2018, 09:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,128

I don?t know anything about there system but , I will say I have had at least 5 Cuddeback cameras. I will not buy another . Great pics and trigger timing for centered pics however they are behind (way behind) on ease of use and design
Also the reason I have had at least 5 is I?ve had problems and there ?warranty? system has you buy a new camera at a much lower cost than retail.

Maybe look at Spypoint , seems they have been doing more cellular cameras than anyone else . Let us know either way , it would be good to hear from someone first hand on how whatever you get works
Old 08-20-2018, 09:29 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlangle View Post
I've been looking into Cuddelink too, hard to find info on them, but will report if i find some.
I was considering just buying the Moultrie Modem (also hard to find right now) since I alrady have Moultrie cameras. You didn't like the Moultrie cell system?

My property is in Marksville and I live in Mire. Since the camera and modem both take 8 batteries and I?m 1.5 hrs away, when one goes out, you are out of luck. I also have spotty cell coverage on the property and they don?t make an external booster antenna.

My biggest problem is coverage and batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2018, 09:00 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

I have 2 Covert's and they work decent. Probably going to buy another this year. Batteries go quick. I need to get some solar panels for them. I have pretty good cell service at my place so coverage isn't a real big issue.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
I have 2 Covert's and they work decent. Probably going to buy another this year. Batteries go quick. I need to get some solar panels for them. I have pretty good cell service at my place so coverage isn't a real big issue.
I use rechargeable batteries in my Covert, so it makes it manageable if you change them out every 2-3 weeks depending on how many pics you get. That was one reason I didn't like the Moultrie Mobile. You can't use rechargeable batteries in the modem and it eats Lithium batteries.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:50 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I have a spypoint link evo. Had better battery life with regular batteries than with the expensive lithium. The covert code black my buddy has takes better pics. But mine aren?t bad. Overall I?m happy with the camera. The service is more expensive though
Old 08-22-2018, 07:54 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh C View Post
I use rechargeable batteries in my Covert, so it makes it manageable if you change them out every 2-3 weeks depending on how many pics you get. That was one reason I didn't like the Moultrie Mobile. You can't use rechargeable batteries in the modem and it eats Lithium batteries.
Lithiums last about a week or two longer in my Covert's but those mofos are expensive!
Old 08-22-2018, 07:55 AM
Swordfish

Few little bucks Ive got coming. Pictures are a little clearer than this. Got a little more fuzzy after I uploaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk