SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Sunday window

One Eye Ed and I ran another trip for Super Strike Charters today. There was a 1 day window and Damon tried to give all his weather cancelations a shot at it today. We had 6 men of a 12 man group from Arkansas on our boat. At the dock the bets were flying---Biggest, Most, per man, per boat, and anything else to make it competitive.

On the way out we trolled for wahoo at several locations. Our first knockdown produced a nice blackfin,8:00 am, but nothing else followed. Very slow start. On our next to last chance for wahoo the rig has a lot of patchy grass around it making it a challenge keeping the grass off the lines. We did get a hit but lost it. One Eye decided to head for the tuna hole. As we were leaving Captain Eddie Burger slips in behind us and we find out later, at the dock, he cleaned house on the hooters.

We set up our tuna drift and right away find bonito. Great thing to get so we have a lot of chunk bait. The kings and sharks are also keeping us busy with our hook donations. At times we get all 3 lines bit off at once. Have no idea how long this went on but it made for a very long day. One of the lines goes off and this is a big fish and definately not a shark. After a nice fight we finaly see color. A very good Amberjack is Our second fish for the box.

Every body around is getting a yellowfin and at 2;00 in the afternoon we have 2 blacks and an amberjack. By this time the other boat in our group was fighting their third tuna. The only highlite of the day was a blacktip shark that was the biggest Both Ed and I have ever seen. Laying it along side the boat we guestimated it at between 11 and 12 feet long. When I cut the leader it tail slapped the side of the boat and the entire tail was above the gunnels of the Americat. That tail slap came close to hitting my head but all that happened was I got soaked as I dodged it. At 2:25 we get the real deal. We harness up the tuna vergin and let him get a taste of the good thing. Everybody was beat and sore from fighting sharks and kings all day but now they came to life.

Although not a hog it was respectable and worthy of a picture. A few more sets and we call it for the day with no other tuna.

2 days ago we were the heros and today, although not a zero, we did not have much to talk about. We got in a little before dark and did manage to get some nice bags of meat in the cooler. The other half of the group won all the bets today.

Looks like weather issues again till Friday. Till next time------

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM