SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-17-2015, 06:41 AM
Flounder

Cash: 518
FlagUS Cocodrie

Planning on hitting Cocodrie next wednesday thru Saturday. Haven't been since 1979. Looking for any tips and recommendations. Need a place to park the camper, ideas on areas to fish for specks and reds. Have a decent bay boat with 250 hp on back. Also, looking for a one night of restaurant eats. Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by BessFishHound View Post
Planning on hitting Cocodrie next wednesday thru Saturday. Haven't been since 1979. Looking for any tips and recommendations. Need a place to park the camper, ideas on areas to fish for specks and reds. Have a decent bay boat with 250 hp on back. Also, looking for a one night of restaurant eats. Any feedback is appreciated.
I can suggest a campground, i.e. Lapeyrouse's. I think it's in Dulac area, not too far from Cocodrie. As far as specks, only reports I've heard are from the islands on the coast and possibly some close in platforms, i.e. the old Pickets location. Only restaurant I know of down there is Coco Marina, but make sure you get there early cuz they shut the kitchen down early.

Last edited by cajun bill; 06-17-2015 at 08:38 AM. Reason: add some info
Old 06-17-2015, 09:15 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Lapeyrouse is the only camp ground I know of down there. It is on the corner of hwy 56 and Robinson canal which leads into lake Bordeaux. The only problem with staying there is it is quite a run to the islands from there and the pass out of bayou Terrebonne is not a straight shot. You have to turn by one of the popierre (sp.) and run out to Bay La Fleur and then south. Don't run Terrebonne all the way out. If you are not familiar with the area it would be best if you launch at the end of the road.

The fish this time of year will be either on the platforms just north of the islands, on the islands, or platforms just south of the islands. What I usually do is stop at the rigs north and work my way south until I find the fish. Don't spend more than 5 to 10 minutes in one spot if you are not catching fish.

Cell phone reception is very spotty on the islands. Make sure you have a radio in the boat in case something goes wrong.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:

Domangues at Boudreaux Canal is a good food spot, furhter up the bayou Pauls is pretty good. Neither are as good as Coco Marina though. You can take the cross road from Cocodrie to Dulac and eat at Schmoopies, its better than all of the ones I listed but further away.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Domangues at Boudreaux Canal is a good food spot, furhter up the bayou Pauls is pretty good. Neither are as good as Coco Marina though. You can take the cross road from Cocodrie to Dulac and eat at Schmoopies, its better than all of the ones I listed but further away.
x2 on Schmoopies... bacon wrapped fried oyster are on point
Old 06-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Flounder

Cash: 518

Thanks for all the info. I don't post much...still feeling my way around the website. Gotta figure how to put pics from phone to post. Wish I could fish every weekend but ya gotta take care of family. Two weekends ago hit the rigs south of Johnson Bayou out of Cameron....the bite was ON... only use plastics....nice size trout... woulda put more fish in the boat but had troll motor issues that put my partner outa commission while the fish were hitting...its his boat and the damn thing was acting wacky... found out later a magnet had come loose in the foot control and would send him in circles.. I was putting 3-4 fish in the boat to his one... I'de smile .. he'd cuss .. i'de catch ... he'd cuss.. anyway...hoping to be more active with post...gonna learn how to post pics too...
Old 06-18-2015, 06:00 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Thanks for all the info. I don't post much...still feeling my way around the website. Gotta figure how to put pics from phone to post. Wish I could fish every weekend but ya gotta take care of family. Two weekends ago hit the rigs south of Johnson Bayou out of Cameron....the bite was ON... only use plastics....nice size trout... woulda put more fish in the boat but had troll motor issues that put my partner outa commission while the fish were hitting...its his boat and the damn thing was acting wacky... found out later a magnet had come loose in the foot control and would send him in circles.. I was putting 3-4 fish in the boat to his one... I'de smile .. he'd cuss .. i'de catch ... he'd cuss.. anyway...hoping to be more active with post...gonna learn how to post pics too...

get the imgur app or photbucket