SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563
Default Grand Isle next week. Mon-Wed

I took off all next week from work. Not travelling anywhere for vacation so I decided just to head to grand isle on monday till wednesday. My dad is newley retired now and I know he is bored to death every day so I called him up today and invited him along. My boat is broke so we will just try the surf fishing thing. I've only been there once but it should be good anywhere in the surf next week. Looks like nice weather ahead.

I've seen posts on here about grand isle lately but I have a question. When people say they fished the "rocks", do they mean the ones on the east end at the state park? That's the only rocks I see in the surf on the satellite imagery.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:16 AM
Red Snapper

Old 06-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

There are rocks that run parallel with the beach starting on the east end and going west about a mile or so. Another good place to try is the elmers island beach especially the first 200-300 yds west of the pass and the beach inside the pass. Also the rocks all the way on the west side of the island. You can catch all along the beach though. Early in the morning I like to make a few casts standing on the beach and throwing out or walk to the first sandbar and throw back towards the beach. The fish run along in the troughs between the sandbars. I like to use a floating fish basket like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433520115.002913.jpg
Instead of a stringer so your fish don't get stolen by Dolphins or sharks while you are out there. It's not a good feeling when something starts tugging on your stringer lol.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Red Snapper

Thanks for that info.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

No Boat, No worries. Catch all the fish, crabs, and shrimp you want down there without a boat. Just booked a camp for 3 days in August. I'm ready!
Old 06-05-2015, 02:51 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
. I like to use a floating fish basket like this
Attachment 89488
Instead of a stringer so your fish don't get stolen by Dolphins or sharks while you are out there. It's not a good feeling when something starts tugging on your stringer lol.

^^this is the ticket, i got me one just like it, only thing is the rod holder works in "calmish" water, a wave will tip it over with a rod in it

also get you a floating net
Attached Images
File Type: jpg floatingnet.jpg (40.4 KB, 298 views)
Old 06-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Red Snapper

I got every thing packed and ready to leave in the morning. Can't wait to get out there with my dad. Hopefully the beach bite is still on and not a "shoulda been here yesterday" kind of thing! LOL

Any one know if the crabs are on the beaches yet?
Old 06-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,127

Im out there right now. Beach for stirred up bad due to a big storm offshore. It went from slow rollers to 2-3 real fast. Got beat up coming in. Didn't catch on beach. Didn't see anyone catch either. Caught 4 on the back side of island. Gonna try again in a few minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Trophy Trout

The rocks everyone talks about are directly in front the water tower

Old 06-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacalaitman View Post
Im out there right now. Beach for stirred up bad due to a big storm offshore. It went from slow rollers to 2-3 real fast. Got beat up coming in. Didn't catch on beach. Didn't see anyone catch either. Caught 4 on the back side of island. Gonna try again in a few minutes

UUGGGGHHH!!! not what i wanted to hear. But thanks for the update.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Trophy Trout

It's still ok if your not in a boat. I would have been fine wading.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:07 PM
Red Snapper

Can redfish at least still be caught along HWY 1 if the beach is too bad? I know its good in the fall and winter but not sure about summer too.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 635

Catching reds in the marsh, first road to the right in elmers island.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (37.5 KB, 228 views)
Old 06-07-2015, 10:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
I got every thing packed and ready to leave in the morning. Can't wait to get out there with my dad. Hopefully the beach bite is still on and not a "shoulda been here yesterday" kind of thing! LOL

Any one know if the crabs are on the beaches yet?

If you looking for crabs, you can catch crabs at the sand dollar marina year round!!
Old 06-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
If you looking for crabs, you can catch crabs at the sand dollar marina year round!!

Yeah, I bet there are a few places on that island to catch those crabs!! That's not the honey holes I want to potlick!!
Old 06-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Well man...no report to follow up?

We been dying to make a trip down there but with my wife having issues after her surgery, we havent been able to make a trip. Dying to use your lures you sent but the Lord has other plans right now.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Well man...no report to follow up?

We been dying to make a trip down there but with my wife having issues after her surgery, we havent been able to make a trip. Dying to use your lures you sent but the Lord has other plans right now.

Sorry, No we didnt' do squat! Caught a few and missed a few early Tuesday morning before the storms came in. An ole timer next to me at the rocks on the east end was wacking the trout on live shrimp though. He called me over as he was running out of bait to fish that little pocket on the corner of the rocks. That was nice of him. He knew I was watching in disbelief as he was catching one after the other. LOL I caught a couple real quick then they stopped. I was fishing plastics. They seemed to be in a tight little bunch as he was casting in the same spot over and over and pulling them in. He said last week was insane with the numbers of trout being caught on the beach. That's always my luck, "shoulda been here yesterday".

Oh, and I think you're confusing me with "redalertlures". He's the guy who sells the baits.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
There are rocks that run parallel with the beach starting on the east end and going west about a mile or so. Another good place to try is the elmers island beach especially the first 200-300 yds west of the pass and the beach inside the pass. Also the rocks all the way on the west side of the island. You can catch all along the beach though. Early in the morning I like to make a few casts standing on the beach and throwing out or walk to the first sandbar and throw back towards the beach. The fish run along in the troughs between the sandbars. I like to use a floating fish basket like this
Attachment 89488
Good advice from Meaux about GI.
Seen a about a 5 foot bull shark in surf yesterday on 2nd sandbar as i was getting out. Always have used a Do-net for wading and it's is also good as a flotation device. Rocks at eastern end of State Park by the pass can be a good spot as well but currents can be dangerous there. good luck.