SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 03-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Redfish

Cash: 896
Default Big Lake 2/27 Redfish

Late report, just getting back from vacation. Was to fish Cocodrie with a friend last Saturday and Sunday then be joined by my son driving down from Wyoming for Monday.

Found out a few days before that friend would have to work Monday because of late scheduled training.

I contacted W to see if something could be arranged for Monday to salvage our trip. He wasn't going to be available, but set us up with Captain Chris. We actually fished out of W's boat.

We had a great trip. We wanted redfish and Chris found an area with some larger reds schooled up. All I've ever done in Big lake is pound the shorelines for reds but Chris kept us pretty far off the bank. We caught 9 over 10 pounds. Most impressive part was Chris spotted some activity about 300 yards out from the boat in the general direction we were drifting. It took us a few minutes to get close but when we did we all 3 hooked up!

Everything was caught on bright green Gulp curly tail grubs.

My goal when fishing with a guide is more to learn about an area than just catching fish and Chris answered a ton of questions for us.

As a little extra we tucked out of the wind for a little while and caught several flounder and smaller reds working the deep area out from one of the small weirs.

Thanks Captain Chris and Captain W for an excellent trip!
Old 03-03-2017, 12:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomRod View Post
Late report, just getting back from vacation. Was to fish Cocodrie with a friend last Saturday and Sunday then be joined by my son driving down from Wyoming for Monday.

Found out a few days before that friend would have to work Monday because of late scheduled training.

I contacted W to see if something could be arranged for Monday to salvage our trip. He wasn't going to be available, but set us up with Captain Chris. We actually fished out of W's boat.

We had a great trip. We wanted redfish and Chris found an area with some larger reds schooled up. All I've ever done in Big lake is pound the shorelines for reds but Chris kept us pretty far off the bank. We caught 9 over 10 pounds. Most impressive part was Chris spotted some activity about 300 yards out from the boat in the general direction we were drifting. It took us a few minutes to get close but when we did we all 3 hooked up!

My goal when fishing with a guide is more to learn about an area than just catching fish and Chris answered a ton of questions for us.

As a little extra we tucked out of the wind for a little while and caught several flounder and smaller reds working the deep area out from one of the small weirs.

Nice post, glad yall got a trip in!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomRod View Post

Glad you guys had a good trip.... hopefully next time i can fish with you guys