SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Conservationist's Corner

The Conservationist's Corner For discussion of everything to do with conservation!

Old 04-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Ling

Cash: 512

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
hey hey hey **** em
Old 04-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

W why do you want to regulate other people's fun? you sound like a F***ing liberal... you kill more fish out of that lake than most people do..YOU should regulate yourself instead of worrying about other people...its people like you that think you own that lake when in fact you don't own S**T. you think that because you spend alot of money and time on it that everyone else is trespassing on your lake..just like most guides do...hell you don't even give a S**t about reds cuz you mainly fish for trout!

so why try to end other people's fun that may not be able to get out on that lake as much as you do and when they do , going to the weirs with their kids or friends is almost a sure bet to catch some fish? why try to stop that? why not rail against the guides that are pulling the big numbers out everyday? your pathetic attempts at "conservation" with your lil tags don't mean nothing when you are taking more fish out of that lake that most people do.....why don't you just go fish and mind your own damn business?
Old 04-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebert View Post
W why do you want to regulate other people's fun? you sound like a F***ing liberal... you kill more fish out of that lake than most people do..YOU should regulate yourself instead of worrying about other people...its people like you that think you own that lake when in fact you don't own S**T. you think that because you spend alot of money and time on it that everyone else is trespassing on your lake..just like most guides do...hell you don't even give a S**t about reds cuz you mainly fish for trout!

so why try to end other people's fun that may not be able to get out on that lake as much as you do and when they do , going to the weirs with their kids or friends is almost a sure bet to catch some fish? why try to stop that? why not rail against the guides that are pulling the big numbers out everyday? your pathetic attempts at "conservation" with your lil tags don't mean nothing when you are taking more fish out of that lake that most people do.....why don't you just go fish and mind your own damn business?

LOL...... 1st off I release 4 times more than I keep! You dont see the pics or trips were we catch 150 trout and dont keep any....

2nd Im not trying to ruin anyone fun but like rue stated the other night, (were all guilty of fishing there) How long will it last? How many is too many? I can go by there 3 days a week and find 2 or 3 boats outlawing behind the signs...... I would place 10,000 dollars that 1/2 the limits coming from the weirs are in the posted area. I never clam to own the lake. If were taking 35,000 or 40,000 reds a year at the weirs just think if we extended the posted area 500 more yards we could save 15,000 of those reds a year.

Im just looking down the road for our fishing. Now If you spent the time on the water like I do you would see the number of fish that come out of there. Like I posted above I had one day this year where I took 15 red limit from the weirs. every other red I caught and keep in boat which year to date is 95 reds in my boat were all caught in lake but 15

We have tagged and released god knows how many....we have several caught and called in already.....

If you have guides talking about it ,Who get paid to catch fish...You think it might be a problem..... I dont consider myself a greedy fisherman at all....but I know I only keep 12 -18 inch trout and release just about everything else....
Old 04-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

W, catching fish at the weirs have been lasting a while. BTW, if you are so concerned, do not fish there your 1 time a year as you say you do and save your so called one fishing trip three man limit of 15.............
Old 04-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
LOL...... 1st off I release 4 times more than I keep! You dont see the pics or trips were we catch 150 trout and dont keep any....

2nd Im not trying to ruin anyone fun but like rue stated the other night, (were all guilty of fishing there) How long will it last? How many is too many? I can go by there 3 days a week and find 2 or 3 boats outlawing behind the signs...... I would place 10,000 dollars that 1/2 the limits coming from the weirs are in the posted area. I never clam to own the lake. If were taking 35,000 or 40,000 reds a year at the weirs just think if we extended the posted area 500 more yards we could save 15,000 of those reds a year.

Im just looking down the road for our fishing. Now If you spent the time on the water like I do you would see the number of fish that come out of there. Like I posted above I had one day this year where I took 15 red limit from the weirs. every other red I caught and keep in boat which year to date is 95 reds in my boat were all caught in lake but 15

We have tagged and released god knows how many....we have several caught and called in already.....

If you have guides talking about it ,Who get paid to catch fish...You think it might be a problem..... I dont consider myself a greedy fisherman at all....but I know I only keep 12 -18 inch trout and release just about everything else....
I think the man just wants you to fish and ****.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:22 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

I think if the guides are worried about it than they should stop fishing them. Most people don't go get a limit there everyday
Old 04-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
I think the man just wants you to fish and ****.

pretty much lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
I think if the guides are worried about it than they should stop fishing them. Most people don't go get a limit there everyday

exactly..i have been to the weirs twice in my life and have personally caught a grand total ONE redfish...2 total from my boat....to have someone that rapes this fishery every chance he gets try to bring about new laws to curtail my fishing pisses me off
Old 04-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Back View Post
Without the weirs these people could not catch a fish on a rod and reel.

Here we go again..We got another one that things people that dont catch a ton of fish are yoyos and cant catch fish anywhere but the weirs...New Rule: If you havent been fishing your entire life and are not an expert you must stay off Purple Backs lake..There you go dude, this yoyo will stay off of your lake
Old 04-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

You guys are missing it by a mile............... Im glad the weirs are fishable ..it does keep a ton of YO YOs off the lake messing us up...... Not everyone who fishes that area are yo yos.......but here are some examples...

Guy with Offshore rods 7 in a boat with no trolling motor..... See me working a group of birds by myself(1 boat per set of birds) comes in on motor with no trolling motor throwing a 12lb cork with a dead shrimp at the birds....... NOW he just killed my fish bite...Yes my fish the ones i found 1st....

Or this one... a duel engine offshore boat heading to the weirs see me on a set of birds.....He comes up wind big motor sling a huge offshore rod and reel ..He killed my fish bite

here ya go..... On a reef drifting.. guy in a aluminum boat sees me catch a few while passing.... Im drifting south to north....HE DRIVES 4 boat lengths in front of me and cuts my drift. I said dude what are you doing....Im heading to the weirs but saw you catch a trout...wanted to stop and try........... He killed my fish bite...

Yes this is the kind of YO YOs the weirs attract.......So I rather keep them there...but I also would like to give the redfish a sporting chance
Old 04-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post

Also you dont see many guide boats fishing there..........Reds are way to easy to catch in the lake uless its a real windy day with tough fishing conditions... But 98% of the time guides are catching fish (reds) in the lake......
Old 04-11-2010, 07:36 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

I always see guide boats there.......but when I go to the weirs its because its too windy
Old 04-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348

Ok W, I'll give you a couple of those, that would piss me off to but sometimes guys on here act like if you are new to fishing you have no business even giving it a try. I didn't grow up with the luxury of fishing all the time as my father was into golf and baseball and other sports like that, not really an outdoorsman. But a few years ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine and got hooked (BIG TIME). A week later I owned my own boat and have been fishing at least once a week since. Thanks to this site and common sence I don't do those things you are talking about and for the record have never fished the weirs but just bc you can't put me on a new lake and expect me to find a decent box of fish doesn't make me an idiot or yoyo.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
You guys are missing it by a mile............... Im glad the weirs are fishable ..it does keep a ton of YO YOs off the lake messing us up...... Not everyone who fishes that area are yo yos.......but here are some examples...

Guy with Offshore rods 7 in a boat with no trolling motor..... See me working a group of birds by myself(1 boat per set of birds) comes in on motor with no trolling motor throwing a 12lb cork with a dead shrimp at the birds....... NOW he just killed my fish bite...Yes my fish the ones i found 1st....

Or this one... a duel engine offshore boat heading to the weirs see me on a set of birds.....He comes up wind big motor sling a huge offshore rod and reel ..He killed my fish bite

here ya go..... On a reef drifting.. guy in a aluminum boat sees me catch a few while passing.... Im drifting south to north....HE DRIVES 4 boat lengths in front of me and cuts my drift. I said dude what are you doing....Im heading to the weirs but saw you catch a trout...wanted to stop and try........... He killed my fish bite...

Yes this is the kind of YO YOs the weirs attract.......So I rather keep them there...but I also would like to give the redfish a sporting chance

Ever think that they do this because they know it's you?
Old 04-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
Ok W, I'll give you a couple of those, that would piss me off to but sometimes guys on here act like if you are new to fishing you have no business even giving it a try. I didn't grow up with the luxury of fishing all the time as my father was into golf and baseball and other sports like that, not really an outdoorsman. But a few years ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine and got hooked (BIG TIME). A week later I owned my own boat and have been fishing at least once a week since. Thanks to this site and common sence I don't do those things you are talking about and for the record have never fished the weirs but just bc you can't put me on a new lake and expect me to find a decent box of fish doesn't make me an idiot or yoyo.
Thats not even it..... I hope guys get out and enjoy there selves.....I get new guys who pm and email me daily I always help.... There are 20 guys on here who I have sent info to about the lake.....Its not about spots or a new guy...but hemmed up at the weirs will not teach you anything.....You have to get out off the easy holes and learn....Like I did...Some spots I found on my own...some spots guys showed me......Some spots I seen boats fishing it before so checked it out later.....
Its the ones who think you can toss a line in the water anywhere and catch a fish
Old 10-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 611

Quote:
Thats not even it..... I hope guys get out and enjoy there selves.....I get new guys who pm and email me daily I always help.... There are 20 guys on here who I have sent info to about the lake.....Its not about spots or a new guy...but hemmed up at the weirs will not teach you anything.....You have to get out off the easy holes and learn....Like I did...Some spots I found on my own...some spots guys showed me......Some spots I seen boats fishing it before so checked it out later.....
Its the ones who think you can toss a line in the water anywhere and catch a fish
I always thought fishing was for fun. If someone wants to throw a line out anywhere then so be it...that's their idea of fun...it's fishing whether you catch or not. W, in every post I've read you seem to be p*ssed that not everyone is as talented as you when it comes to fishing. Most people would be proud of that, not mad. Take a chill pill and let the "yo-yo's" have their fun fishing for nothing while you tear 'em up. Last time I checked, other than tournaments, fishing is a relaxing, leisure sport. So, chill out and let it be that.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy726 View Post
I always thought fishing was for fun. If someone wants to throw a line out anywhere then so be it...that's their idea of fun...it's fishing whether you catch or not. W, in every post I've read you seem to be p*ssed that not everyone is as talented as you when it comes to fishing. Most people would be proud of that, not mad. Take a chill pill and let the "yo-yo's" have their fun fishing for nothing while you tear 'em up. Last time I checked, other than tournaments, fishing is a relaxing, leisure sport. So, chill out and let it be that.
When the "yo-yo's" start ruining my "fun" its not "fun" for me. So how about everybody learn respect on the water and then everybody can be happily ever after.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
When the "yo-yo's" start ruining my "fun" its not "fun" for me. So how about everybody learn respect on the water and then everybody can be happily ever after.
I agree. I've fished the weirs in the past and witnessed some the rudest people fishing there. Like you said if people would learn respect then it would make fishing in a group or close quarters easier to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Well it has been nice the last few days......all the Pilgrims are chasing birds and shrimping...I have not had one signal boat come with in half mile of me!!!

And I counted 17 boats fishing illegal behind the signs...took picks of 3 after I told them to move when I went in......sent 7 boat numbers I could read from pics I took to WL&F
Old 10-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,470

Quote:
And I counted 17 boats fishing illegal behind the signs...took picks of 3 after I told them to move when I went in......sent 7 boat numbers I could read from pics I took to WL&F
You da man!

EVO
Old 10-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Had a dude mean mug me because I threw him up on the rocks.....lmao....he was tied up to weir...I gunned it comimg out with the tide