SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand16 View Post
i think it is impossible to estimate the population of ducks with any kind of accuracy.
xfrickin2!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
I think it is impossible to estimate the population of ducks with any kind of accuracy.
Easier just to say record breaking lol.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I don't doubt they have the ducks up north. But I ain't buyin into their record counts every year. Just like last year it was record breaking bluewing hatch. Guess they all stayed in Canada too
We killed close to 300 teal last year and 8 were green wing
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Swordfish

Not sizing there weren't any. But it wasn't obvious that I was a record breaker.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 10,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
We killed close to 300 teal last year and 8 were green wing
Meaux it was good for us also,will you be hunting the same spot that you told me about?I have plenty of sauage ,onions and rice at the camp. Lol
Old 07-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-C View Post
Meaux it was good for us also,will you be hunting the same spot that you told me about?I have plenty of sauage ,onions and rice at the camp. Lol
Should be. just heard that they didn't plant our field this year but we are gonna lease it anyway and hope the ducks just like the spot. I think we can put them groceries to good use. My friends dad is putting a camp on Indian lake so we will be hanging around during the season for sure.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Just read the email bryan and thanks for posting, and i'm not even gonna comment on the negative comments. Can't wait for september to get here.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
Just read the email bryan and thanks for posting, and i'm not even gonna comment on the negative comments. Can't wait for september to get here.
By saying " I'm not gonna comment" on the negative comments, you're making a comment about the negative comments

Just messing with ya Chris, I'm ready for September too!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah View Post
by saying " i'm not gonna comment" on the negative comments, you're making a comment about the negative comments:d

just messing with ya chris, i'm ready for september too!!!!

lol!!!! Yeah,yeah,yeah. You working today too? Man i'm ate up with it this year more than usual. The new seasons of rntv, drakes migration nation and fowl life started and it's making it hard to sleep at night already.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Swordfish

I'm ready too. I they said there was only one duck I would still hunt it. I just hope it gets cold this year. Last year was a scorcher. A little rain would do us so good too. Big pasture should be real good this year now that they are controlling the wiers right! Lol
Old 07-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
lol!!!! Yeah,yeah,yeah. You working today too? Man i'm ate up with it this year more than usual. The new seasons of rntv, drakes migration nation and fowl life started and it's making it hard to sleep at night already.
Got off at 5, watching kids now:banghead: . Put on Duck Commander and watching it with my 4 month little man...won't take his eyes off it.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah View Post
got off at 5, watching kids now:banghead: . Put on duck commander and watching it with my 4 month little man...won't take his eyes off it.

i know levi the other night was watching rntv with me and was doing the same thing. Everytime they would start calling he would get all excited and start kicking it was great.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Flounder

Cash: 451

Quote:
Not sizing there weren't any. But it wasn't obvious that I was a record breaker.
I do know of a couple people that did have record teal seasons last year around sweetlake
Old 07-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

any given year you can find blinds within 2 miles of each other that have the best season ever and the worst season ever throughout Louisiana

very rare to meet a 'completely satisfied' duck hunter
Old 07-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
any given year you can find blinds within 2 miles of each other that have the best season ever and the worst season ever throughout Louisiana

very rare to meet a 'completely satisfied' duck hunter
You're right. The ducks can be concentrated in areas. Seems last year was a prime example. Some areas had LOTS of birds and some areas That usually hole pretty well didn't have any. I know a guy that hunts in sweetlake next to Cameron prairie and their #1 duck is bluewing teal every year. Last year they struggled because the teal weren't there.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
I think it is impossible to estimate the population of ducks with any kind of accuracy.
That's why it is called an estimate. It is the best known and most accurate method for counting waterfowl from a plane.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
You're right. The ducks can be concentrated in areas. Seems last year was a prime example. Some areas had LOTS of birds and some areas That usually hole pretty well didn't have any. I know a guy that hunts in sweetlake next to Cameron prairie and their #1 duck is bluewing teal every year. Last year they struggled because the teal weren't there.
Blue Wings do migrate to Mexico. In drought conditions like we had last year when they migrated I am sure most hauled azz to Mexico. Many people including myself had the best Teal season on record.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Swordfish

I know bluewing migrate to mexico. I've been around the duck hunting thing a while. And I don't buy the BS. Teal season was good in some places not so in others. Best teal season ever for me was in '06 had limits in 3 minutes. But I'm not gonna say it was a record number of teal because there's always some places that not so much. The teal that were here last year were concentrated that's why it felt like a record year to some people. Just sayin. I don't buy the DU, Delta, ldwf BS. But I will hunt. Come on November.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
I know bluewing migrate to mexico. I've been around the duck hunting thing a while. And I don't buy the BS. Teal season was good in some places not so in others. Best teal season ever for me was in '06 had limits in 3 minutes. But I'm not gonna say it was a record number of teal because there's always some places that not so much. The teal that were here last year were concentrated that's why it felt like a record year to some people. Just sayin. I don't buy the DU, Delta, ldwf BS. But I will hunt. Come on November.

Think however you would like. You obviously have an axe to grind with someone. Just because you don't see the ducks in your area doesn't mean squat about how many there are is all I am saying. Your season reflects nothing on the number of birds there are. Like I said before they have wings and they fly to different areas depending on food and habitat.

I didn't see many Bluewings during big duck season last year either and I hunt all over. I think that most pushed on to Mexico after Teal season due to lack of habitat. Some years they hang around and some they don't all depends on the condition of our marshes and available food.

I know you probably don't care but since you keep bringing up the record deal I attached the history of the survey since they started flying it in 1955. I hope you have a great season and kill the piss out of them, but if you don't it doesn't mean they are not elsewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img173.jpg (45.1 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Super Spook; 07-04-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Swordfish

I don't have an axe to grind with anyone. I love duck hunting more than the regular guy. I've been hunting all my life. You can show as many graph as you want. All I'm saying is I don't buy the BS. I'm the first one to tell someone just because there ain't ducks at their blind doesn't mean there aren't any ducks. All I'm saying is the counts are BS. That's all. I hope y'all pile em up this year. Cuz I'll damn sure be tryin.