SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 654

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmoke222000 View Post
The best electric fillet knife out there is the grey & black American Angler! They cost $22 @ academy & are hands down the best! They have a yellow knife that is in a black plastic case for around $35 & a salt water knife that is white & blue in a white case for $44. I have had both of those & they suck compared to the cheap $22 model. Maybe I'm just spoiled though.

I have 2 Mr. Twister Electric Fillet Knives. 1 is a green & yellow Electric Fisherman with regular blades & the other is a blue & white saltwater Pirahna with Pirahna blades. Both sets of blades have only been used once. The Pirahna knife has only been used once & the green & yellow electric fisherman has been used 4 or 5 times. $40 cash takes them both if you are interested!

I have both of these knives. I use the green and yellow one to clean sac a lait and trout and the blue and white one to clean redfish. I cleaned well over 1200 sac a lait this year with the green one(no i didnt catch them all) and it still kicking. the only thing i have a problem with is meat and slime getting between the blades and they stop cutting. I keep a bottle of hot water deep enough to put blades in and turn the knife on and it cleans the knives. I find the blue one to fast of a stroke to clean sac a lait and trout but works wonders on redfish.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

i use the American Angler Ultra Pro electric fillet knife.. they sell them at academy and walmart for $40 i think. They are yellow and black. I've probably cleaned an EASY 1500 fish with mine so far. Been having it for 2 years i think so yeah probably more than 1500 lol But i like it. Goes right through the redfish, red snapper, mackerals, or whatever.

i'm on my 3rd or 4th blade but my last one i bought was from academy and its curved and super skinny and it FLIES through some trout lol
Old 12-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabwiz2 View Post
I have both of these knives. I use the green and yellow one to clean sac a lait and trout and the blue and white one to clean redfish. I cleaned well over 1200 sac a lait this year with the green one(no i didnt catch them all) and it still kicking. the only thing i have a problem with is meat and slime getting between the blades and they stop cutting. I keep a bottle of hot water deep enough to put blades in and turn the knife on and it cleans the knives. I find the blue one to fast of a stroke to clean sac a lait and trout but works wonders on redfish.

we used to buy those yellow ones and they always gave us trouble man. Maybe we just would run into the duds. . I didn't think i'd like those curved blades but now i'll never go back to those other ones!

O and the blades you have on the right side are my favorite! They FLY through the trout!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Cash: 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
i use the American Angler Ultra Pro electric fillet knife.. they sell them at academy and walmart for $40 i think. They are yellow and black. I've probably cleaned an EASY 1500 fish with mine so far. Been having it for 2 years i think so yeah probably more than 1500 lol But i like it. Goes right through the redfish, red snapper, mackerals, or whatever.

i'm on my 3rd or 4th blade but my last one i bought was from academy and its curved and super skinny and it FLIES through some trout lol
I'm on my 3 one like that this year ! I like the power it has but they don't last.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Flounder

Cash: 600
Default Oster Electric Knife

I've been using an Oster electric knife for about 8 years now and have been satisfied with it. On about its third set of blades but the knife still keeps working. Don't think they make the model I use anymore. It is a little heavy compared to the ones on the market now. Found a pic of the new ones now that go for around $20. Use the small tooth serrated blades and you'll find it a lot easier. I think they're made by Piranaha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oster Electric Knife.jpg (16.6 KB, 84 views)
Old 01-05-2010, 01:56 PM

Cash: 376

Ima look it to that one !