SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > Tech Support Forum

Tech Support Forum Use this forum to discuss and find answers for any technical (computer) issues you are having

Old 02-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

+1 for avast

it has never let a virus through on me yet and I have had around 20 warnings in the past 4 years about virus attacks that it stopped cold and prevented any infection to my computer.

it has never failed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed32 View Post
help! how do u remove norton from your computer. i just bought a new hp and it came with it pre installed. i clicked on the program but it doesnt give me an option to uninstall, just to remove it to recycle bin?
Norton and MacAfee are like viruses themselves because you can never get rid of them and even after manually going through the registry and digging through windows files (something no one should do without knowing what files are supposed to be there and how they are named because deleting the wrong thing will corrupt your OS).

even after I tried going through everything manually file by file it still had traces left and those stupid subscription warnings kept coming back. in the end I came to the conclusion a reformat of the drive and a fresh new install of windows is the fastest and safest way to get rid of them because that is 100% safe and certain to get rid of it for good and it only takes an average of 2-3 hours depending on how much software you use. searching the files and digging out all the hidden sleeper files takes a lot longer then that and you never find it all.