SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525
Default Toledo Bend June 3rd & 4th

Had many boat/trailer issues on this family trip to Toledo. Managed to catch a few with a couple ok fish in there. We arrived Thursday night late and fished morning and night trips on both Friday and Saturday. This was only my second time fishing the lake and I do not have the largest/best boat. I asked for advice and it seemed kind of tight-lipped around here. Maybe because the water is soooo low. Anyway we managed about 20-25 bass mostly all caught on a Watermelon worm with Red and Purple flakes. We only fished Bayou La nana since we did not know the lake well and that is where we were staying. Here are some pics from the trip. We will try again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6020959.jpg (44.2 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg P6040976.jpg (62.0 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg P6030970.jpg (35.1 KB, 202 views)
Old 06-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,470

Looks like a few good days on the water. Thanks for the report.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

sounds like a good trip... not too many post help when it comes to freshwater... but it sounds like you didnt have a problem at all finding them.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Redfish

Cash: 883

Nice trip, except for the troubles. That flat water in the first pic, schoolies should have been busting the water somewhere!! Probably just outta reach with a lure!! Redbug is another color to keep in mind up there when fishing worms.

Ronnie
Old 06-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 991

I don't know much but i am glad to relay any patterns that I hear of that are working on the bend.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

Looks like yall didnt need much help after all. pretty good trip this time of the year
Old 06-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Trophy Trout

Thanks everyone...those were my two brothers fish by the way...my biggest was smaller
Old 06-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

Nice...good to see that someone is catchin..last few trips I made to the camp we could have just rode around in sail boats...prolly would have outrun the gas powered with all the dang wind!!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

What kinda boat is that?
Old 06-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron man View Post
What kinda boat is that?
1995 Fisher with a 40 hp Mercury that we have overhauled for duck hunting and easier fishing...it is getting the job done for now.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripinlips View Post
Had many boat/trailer issues on this family trip to Toledo. Managed to catch a few with a couple ok fish in there. We arrived Thursday night late and fished morning and night trips on both Friday and Saturday. This was only my second time fishing the lake and I do not have the largest/best boat. I asked for advice and it seemed kind of tight-lipped around here. Maybe because the water is soooo low. Anyway we managed about 20-25 bass mostly all caught on a Watermelon worm with Red and Purple flakes. We only fished Bayou La nana since we did not know the lake well and that is where we were staying. Here are some pics from the trip. We will try again.

I must've missed that thread.. if you go again and need some help, just pm me.. i always have fresh toledo and rayburn reports and I'm happy to share them. I also fish out of Lanan, so I have a few good spots around there I can share.

nice report btw!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post
I must've missed that thread.. if you go again and need some help, just pm me.. i always have fresh toledo and rayburn reports and I'm happy to share them. I also fish out of Lanan, so I have a few good spots around there I can share.

nice report btw!
Thank you. I will do that in the future.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Jedi.....what is the report for just South of Pendelton Bridge turtle beach area?
Old 06-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Redfish

Cash: 883
Default reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
Jedi.....what is the report for just South of Pendelton Bridge turtle beach area?
Joe Joslin has a good report posted yesterday (i believe) on toledo dash bend dot com, fishing reports. Summer time patterns.
My buddy told me a few weeks ago, turtle beach launch is kinda messed up. Harry digs it out and south wind moves sand back!

Ronnie
Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post

I hadn't heard anything on that exact area lately, but the most popular patterns right now are that hot topwater bite.. frogs, pop-r's, chug bugs.. the shallow weightless soft plastic bite is good, with flukes, senkos, wacky worms top choices... and the big tx. and carloina rigs in that 10'-12' depth range are catching some quality bass. I have a night tourney this weekend.. will be fishing above pendleton. I'll be soaking a big jig and tx. rig all night.. We'll see what happens!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post
I hadn't heard anything on that exact area lately, but the most popular patterns right now are that hot topwater bite.. frogs, pop-r's, chug bugs.. the shallow weightless soft plastic bite is good, with flukes, senkos, wacky worms top choices... and the big tx. and carloina rigs in that 10'-12' depth range are catching some quality bass. I have a night tourney this weekend.. will be fishing above pendleton. I'll be soaking a big jig and tx. rig all night.. We'll see what happens!
Were you one of the roughly 39 boats, that tore out of Cypress Bend Saturday afternoon at 7 pm?