SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default Trout Haul 6-24-14

Tuesday morning the wind was blowing 18 mph in Caillou Bay and with the waves near white capping, I offered the Moulerie gang an option to press on or turn around. This was their 2nd day of trout fishing and they were hardheaded. LOL. They decided they would take the beating in hopes of destroying some speckled trout. I was quite confident we wouldn't catch jack. We arrived to the location at daybreak to find difficulty setting anchor, but surprisingly the water clarity was fishable despite the pummeling southwest wind. We were armed with only plastic double and single rigged baits. The first cast produced a hefty speckled trout and I was confused. Yeah right, is that really a trout? Nah, can't be! Indeed it was. And indeed were the 24 fish that followed in the wee hours of daylight. Then the dreaded switch turned off and the bite ceased. The gulf had calmed gently enough to raise anchor and change zipcodes. Moments later after a brief boat ride to the east, we ran across a patch of emerald green water. The sun was out and the improving conditions had me convinced this was would be the money spot. Minutes later my suspicions were proven to be correct. Some logs started to clear the gunwales cast after cast. The bite was insane and when the smoke cleared 100 trout were in a slurry of ice and seawater! Reece Moulerie only thought the day before was his best trout trip ever. This day had changed his mind rather quickly! Big thanks to Jason Moulerie for the trip! I know Reece will be talking to all of his friends about this one! Another thanks to Capt. Tommy Pellegrin for setting up the trip!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Thats a solid pile of fish!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,087

According to Louisiana Sportsman no fish in dularge guides are supposed to be struggling
Old 06-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Redfish

That thread is causing a lot of unnecessary drama. Bad for business and is producing too much negativity. If the moderators had any sense, they would delete it. The fish are here. They may not be jumping in everyone's boat but if you use your head you can catch them

Capt. Rob Dupont
225-776-9820
Old 06-25-2014, 10:16 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseFishing View Post
That thread is causing a lot of unnecessary drama. Bad for business and is producing too much negativity. If the moderators had any sense, they would delete it. The fish are here. They may not be jumping in everyone's boat but if you use your head you can catch them

Capt. Rob Dupont
225-776-9820
Well seems like they are looking for excuses to drop the limit you guys do a great job of getting on fish.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Redfish

Cash: 909

Great job on getting on the trout in that weather. There looks to be some nice ones in that batch.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

yall need to post all yalls pics on the forum that started it. i couldnt believe i was reading that after seeing yall haul in 500 fish every time. lol
Old 06-27-2014, 08:25 AM
Redfish

I post the exact same reports on there. I might post all these pics in that thread though. Lol

Capt. Rob Dupont
225-776-9820
Old 06-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseFishing View Post

Capt. Rob Dupont
225-776-9820

Rob excellent post and spot on about that thread on the ''other site''. I think I'll post some of the pics from my trips this year too. I don't usually post over there much anymore because of all of the cry babies. I think this would be a good stick in the eye. LOL