SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 12-12-2014, 04:49 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452
Default GI Land Fishing Report

Left the boat at home to force ourselves to become better land based anglers this week. Nothing happening at bridge pier. Gulf side beach on Elmer's was slow. Zero bull reds - no one catching specks either. Moving water along Hwy 1 producing some small specks and flounder slow and steady.

The hot spot for us this week targeting bull reds and sharks was the E end of Elmer's Island fishing the beach along the pass. Wading out to knee deep water and casting long with mullet and crab brought the bulls we were after with enough shark action to keep it interesting.

Bridgeside Cabins were a great place to stay, and the marina treated us well. TYDs (gumbo) and Jo-Bobs (Jo-Bob burger, fried chicken, po-boys) kept us well fed.

The other shore anglers also were very kind to us, freely sharing information, shoreline, and bait.

Way too much litter on Elmer's Island. We started filling up a couple trash bags each day to improve the view. The E end looked a lot better by the time we left. Let's clean up Louisiana beaches. There is no need for people to have to look at that. Just because the beach belongs to everyone, does not mean we should treat it as if it belongs to no one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00556.jpg (98.5 KB, 256 views)
Old 12-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Wasn't elmers closed for a while and recently reopened??
Why was trash still there if it was closed, the state needs to load up some criminals and Have em clean the beaches!!
Old 12-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I have a friend who lives at elmers across La1. he goes and walks the beach every day. Alot of the trash washes up on the beach but folks leave a lot also
Old 12-12-2014, 10:17 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
Wasn't elmers closed for a while and recently reopened??
Why was trash still there if it was closed, the state needs to load up some criminals and Have em clean the beaches!!
It's a clear mix of washed up stuff (maybe 30%) and trash left by visitors (70%). Lots of beer cans, bait packaging, and similar stuff that has never been in the water.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:16 AM
King Mackeral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX8f...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Swordfish

Biceps be saying ouch after a few of those.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:42 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Biceps be saying ouch after a few of those.
My children can keep going long after I am worn out. They get a big adrenaline dump and their muscles just do what their brains tell them. My son was jumping around on the beach after each one.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

I thought everything Floated to south padre island not Elmers.
#allwashedup
Old 12-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

This is why we can't have nice things. So sad that the people who use these places don't have the sense or accountability to keep things tidy. Too many feel it's somebody else's problem when they leave.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Swordfish

The trashy people that left everything on fourchon beach are the main reason we lost access to one of the greatest fisheries on the coast.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Redfish

Cash: 969

Every time my wife and I go to Holly Beach, we load up as much trash as we can pack on the cargo carrier. Good for you guys doing the same. It's amazing what difference you can make in an hour. We may run down to GI for New Years and will do the same there!
Old 12-13-2014, 04:06 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Fisherman View Post
Every time my wife and I go to Holly Beach, we load up as much trash as we can pack on the cargo carrier. Good for you guys doing the same. It's amazing what difference you can make in an hour. We may run down to GI for New Years and will do the same there!
Holly looked great after the restoration, but it went downhill quickly. Thanks for your clean-up efforts.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default like the "Broken Window" theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightwindow View Post
This is why we can't have nice things. So sad that the people who use these places don't have the sense or accountability to keep things tidy. Too many feel it's somebody else's problem when they leave.
That was Rudy Guliano's theory and how he cleaned up NYC. The theory is that if you leave one broken window on a building, the other windows will soon be broken out by peeps who don't give a sheet. Kinda like the weirs at Rockefeller, once in awhile the wardens make arrangements to clean up a weir or two, but as soon as someone leaves the first piece of trash, the other peeps who come see that trash and think "oh well, if no one else cares, I'll throw my trash too". I have to admit that I always leave with what I brought, but I don't often pick up other peeps' crap. Maybe I'll start doing that like Mathgeek and Average. Seems like the right thing to do.