SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

View Poll Results: Should Louisiana Legalize Drugs?
Marijuana only, and only for adults. Still a felony to provide to minors. 26 48.15%
Marijuana only for adults, reduced penalties for access to minors. 5 9.26%
Legalize all drugs for consenting adults. 6 11.11%
No changes to current Louisiana drugs laws. 15 27.78%
Reduce penalty for first time marijuana users: no jail time. 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Flounder

Cash: 597

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
WoW Parent of the year=^

Rather see kids smoke weed than drink beer!! You need a great Adult Parent award!!!
Wow! For the first time ever I agree with W.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Do it for*

Bandaid thumb on iphone
Old 08-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsquatch View Post
I have an idea! Let's register all of the drug users like sex offenders. It would be voluntary. Registrants would give up the right to vote, own guns, social security and medicaid, food stamps and any other public assistance. They don't need drivers licences and they are intelligible for treatment at Emergency Rooms unless they have their own privately owned insurance. Emergency respondents would be allowed to refuse them service. They would also be required to purchase their own liability insurance to be employed in any manner. In exchange they get complete immunity from any drug prosecution ever and free drugs supplied by the guvmet. Anyone currently in prison on drug charges could get out by registering. Failure to maintain a registration status once started would make the registrant subject to be hunted down for a bounty. Commission of any crime while a registrant (including failure to register) would be a mandatory capital sentence, and registrants would waive their constitutional rights to a jury trial. All trials and execution of sentence would be carried out by tribunal within thirty days of arrest. Anyone requesting commutation of a capital sentence could automatically receive such commutation by forfeiting US citizenship. They would then be "contracted" out to other countries as laborers, etc. The drug problem in this country would solve itself in ninety days.

This is a big government solution and I am in no way serious about it but I wonder how many drug addicts would sign right up?

I think it's a lovely idea... while were at it... let go ahead and ensure that this covers alcohol (because from an intoxication standpoint its about 10X potentcy of weed), Cigarette's (Proven to cancer, no reason to waste public tax moneys to support people who are using a product that's proven to kill a LARGE PERCENTAGE of users over time), While were at it... we really need to re-think bath salts as well..... can't have any civil liberties for anyone who might possibly go all zombie on us can we.

Dammit i forgot about glue sniffing... well **** there goes all the model airplane guys.. Wonder if they will still be able to build model airplanes in their drug utopia world.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
WoW Parent of the year=^

Rather see kids smoke weed than drink beer!! You need a great Adult Parent award!!!
Rather see this? By your logic, guns should be treated just the same. Lets eliminate the need for responsible parenting and taking responsibility for ones actions, and just ban everything that could cause an uneasy situation.

I could accuse you of being a horrible parent for having guns, just like you accuse Ace of being a horrible parent for even support legalization of a substance safe than alcohol. But, I won't, because I respect your opinion as a person.

Funny libertarians get accused of wanting a utopia, but in reality all these laws and rules that are meant to prevent pain and hardship are the attempt at utopia..

---BURKESVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A 5-year-old boy accidentally shot his 2-year-old sister to death in rural southern Kentucky with a rifle he had received as a gift last year, authorities said.

The children's mother was home at the time of the shooting Tuesday afternoon but had stepped out to the front porch for a few minutes and "she heard the gun go off," Cumberland County Coroner Gary White said. He said the rifle was kept in a corner and the family didn't realize a bullet was left inside it.

White told the Lexington Herald-Leader the boy received the .22-caliber rifle as a gift.

"It's a Crickett," White said, referring to a company that specifically makes guns, clothes and books for children. "It's a little rifle for a kid. ... The little boy's used to shooting the little gun."---
Old 08-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Lmao Alcohol is legal for ages above 21

Weed is not legal

You people are fighting a loosing battle

I buy beer at store

You by weed from a drug dealer ( Non Degree pharmacist )
Old 08-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Swordfish

Quote:

Im sure every one of you would love to see your daughters (or sons) doing this
Nice work, this was taken while weed was illegal.... Smoooooooth
Old 08-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Love how you are trying to swing a illegal drug legal

Classic

Law says its illegal bottom line!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Wow! For the first time ever I agree with W.
Hawg... I was very very clearly referring to the current system where these young ladies would be quite possibly doomed once it became know to law enforcement that they had rebelled.

I am not a proponent of selling weed to teenagers, I clearly responded earlier in this thread that I could not support selling of weed to teenagers, because they are the one and ONLY group (from 13-19 years of age) who have been shown through scientific study to have a long term impact on the growth of their brain if the have heavy cannabis abuse during that time period.

And honestly, "W" questioning my parenting skills, after he hasn't even answered my question on whether it's appropriate that cannabis based medication, scientifically PROVEN to help reverse alzheimer's should be allowed to be used to treat her.

W's approval is not something that i or frankly anyone else on this site, should use as a benchmark to prove anything.

Please note what i said in the post he is referring to " legalize the product, regulate it, Thereby taking the money out of the black market which provides it to underage girls.... " By taking the money out of the black market where drugs are sold illegally and legalizing,and regulating... you will severely impact the availability of the product to underage people who should not be getting it. Basically it's supply and demand laws at work. With sales to people of legal age going to government regulated shops, the availability of black market weed to underage people will drop.

See what i am getting at here? so please W & Hawg... Look a little bit more closely at what i'm saying.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Love how you are trying to swing a illegal drug legal

Classic

Law says its illegal bottom line!!!
W, how did alcohol become legal? I'm sure you learned about prohibition in school, right?

ComeOnMan
Old 08-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

More illegal facts in case you don't understand

Federal laws say its illegal

You can drink beer all afternoon everyday after work and all weekend and go to work Monday take a drug test and be fine

You can not smoke weed every afternoon on weekends and take drug screen Monday and keep your job

See the difference between legal and illegal??

Beer vs weed??
Old 08-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

W I will give you the benefit of the doubt if you say you have never drank in your boat, I don't believe it, but I will give you the benefit

Weed legalization isn't on any ballot in Louisiana, i don't foresee this even becoming an issue in the next 10 years, so why are we even on this topic?
Old 08-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Flounder

Cash: 597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Do ut fir alcohol too... Oh, wait. That might impact you, never mind.
Better yet....new solution. Lets tie the tax rate to the drugs you want to do!

Booze is a big one lets tax people who drink a little.

Pot is about the same but we need to add a few percent for the future cancer cases....or just tax cap'n crunch 600 percent.

Cocaine, that's a rich white dude drug so smack them dudes up to about 25 percent.

Heroin...we can have a "Patriotic" tax because we all know its just middle easterners and Mexicans who make that stuff.

Meth....just tax Drano , bug spray, lye and Sudafed...el done o.

I am a libertarian. I hate all laws that protect stupid people from themselves. I just like messing with dopers and their burnt out minds and religious commitment to their chemicals. It's like shakin a monkey cage.....and the monkey is stoned, lol. I guess you might say you guys getting stoned entertained me.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Hawg... I was very very clearly referring to the current system where these young ladies would be quite possibly doomed once it became know to law enforcement that they had rebelled.

I am not a proponent of selling weed to teenagers, I clearly responded earlier in this thread that I could not support selling of weed to teenagers, because they are the one and ONLY group (from 13-19 years of age) who have been shown through scientific study to have a long term impact on the growth of their brain if the have heavy cannabis abuse during that time period.

And honestly, "W" questioning my parenting skills, after he hasn't even answered my question on whether it's appropriate that cannabis based medication, scientifically PROVEN to help reverse alzheimer's should be allowed to be used to treat her.

W's approval is not something that i or frankly anyone else on this site, should use as a benchmark to prove anything.

Your own words said these teenage girls were doing nothing wrong?? You rather them smoke weed than meth or beer??

So you see no problem with teenagers smoking weed from your own words
Old 08-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
More illegal facts in case you don't understand

Federal laws say its illegal

You can drink beer all afternoon everyday after work and all weekend and go to work Monday take a drug test and be fine

You can not smoke weed every afternoon on weekends and take drug screen Monday and keep your job

See the difference between legal and illegal??

Beer vs weed??
So this debate is about whether weed is legal or not? Gotcha, I must have misread the title.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Bottom line if i catch my child smoking weed!! Have mercy on her soul!!!
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
WoW Parent of the year=^

They difinately won't die from weed poisoning but alcohol poisoning kills ppl. Face it! You don't like it bc you were scared into not liking it. Nothing bad about it that's u but don't bash it and say someone is a bad person for doing it when they can smoke it tit for tat with u taking shots and they can drive and walk while if you took shots all night you couldn't walk, drive, or possibly not survive.
Swordfish

Quote:
Better yet....new solution. Lets tie the tax rate to the drugs you want to do!

Booze is a big one lets tax people who drink a little.

Pot is about the same but we need to add a few percent for the future cancer cases....or just tax cap'n crunch 600 percent.

Cocaine, that's a rich white dude drug so smack them dudes up to about 25 percent.

Heroin...we can have a "Patriotic" tax because we all know its just middle easterners and Mexicans who make that stuff.

Meth....just tax Drano , bug spray, lye and Sudafed...el done o.

I am a libertarian. I hate all laws that protect stupid people from themselves. I just like messing with dopers and their burnt out minds and religious commitment to their chemicals. It's like shakin a monkey cage.....and the monkey is stoned, lol. I guess you might say you guys getting stoned entertained me.
Where are the dopers? I don't even smoke, I can pass a test right this second and any day of the week. Hair, piss, whatever.

What the hell are you talking about, messing with dopers?

You are not a libertarian, go find another political affiliation.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Bottom line if i catch my child smoking weed!! Have mercy on her soul!!!
What about underage drinking? Aka poisoning themselves and deliberately trying to kill themselves slowly
Old 08-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
What about underage drinking? Aka poisoning themselves and deliberately trying to kill themselves slowly
It's against the law, so it doesn't happen. *** are you thinking????
Old 08-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Your own words said these teenage girls were doing nothing wrong?? You rather them smoke weed than meth or beer??

So you see no problem with teenagers smoking weed from your own words
please quote said "own words" in context of the whole darn message and explain to me how i was saying that we should sell drugs to teens.

Now in the style of MG. If your critical thinking skills didn't allow you to understand clear english enough, and more importantly my further explanation enough, then perhaps you should relegate yourself to just catching trout.

Seriously W... i did not say give drugs to teens. If you read that i did, either you misread or i framed it in a way you did not understand.