SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

When I was about 10 or 11 we were launching our boat at the launch at Sabine Headquarters canal. My dad put the boat in the water and I was supposed to hold the rope. Thats it, hold the rope. Well, somehow or another I drifted off into lala land and so did the boat. As the boat was drifting away my Dad comes back and starts hollering. He made me jump in the water with about 2 or 3 gators and get the boat. I remember looking at my legs as I was pulling the boat back to launch, just waiting for a gator to come and chomp on em. I was really mad at him that day for making me do that. I also realized on that day that gators don't really mess with people.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

Put some slick spray on my trailer boards backed up boat slid right off floating across intercoastal in feb cold *** swim lol
Old 03-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightwindow View Post
In an hurry on a solo trip in Venice one weekday afternoon. Backed in 16 foot boat, pushed it easily off trailer, jumped aboard, puttered over to dock to tie it up, stopped to chat with someone, then took off for the trip. Came back four hours later at dark, truck and trailer in same spot, truck still running.
Found a truck like that at Calcasieu Point a couple of years ago, trailer in the water, truck running and no one around. I probably should have parked his truck for him but it wasn't busy so I just shut down his truck so he would not run out of gas. I forget lots of things but I have not done that, YET! HaHa!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

18 yrs old , all excited after the morning hunt, and pulling into the parking lot of the sporting goods to get more shells for the nxt day, I hooked a curb at warp speed and flipped my rig on its side in the lot (14x36)with(20hp godevil) and drug it about 20 ft . Before realizing!
A bunch of customers standing @ front counter, and friends that worked there all ran out to see my F u G up!!! Lol

Boy I was mad and even more embarrassed! My adrenaline shot soo high I got out my truck and clean/jerked that beeoooch up rite and rolled right back outa there dragging the the tire and wheel at a 22.5 degree angle!

I've matured a lot since then
Old 03-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Launched at Calcasieu Point. 40 deg. air temp. 45 deg. water temp. 25 mph winds, muddy water.
Launched, parked the truck while Jordan and Landry putt putted the boat to the dock.
Hauled butt to Turners and noticed the bilge pump kicked on twice. Both times pumping a full stream.
I hollered F***. I forgot the plug.
Jordan looked at me and said, "I noticed it pumped a few times while sitting at the dock waiting for you to park the truck"...
Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Launched at Calcasieu Point. 40 deg. air temp. 45 deg. water temp. 25 mph winds, muddy water.
Launched, parked the truck while Jordan and Landry putt putted the boat to the dock.
Hauled butt to Turners and noticed the bilge pump kicked on twice. Both times pumping a full stream.
I hollered F***. I forgot the plug.
Jordan looked at me and said, "I noticed it pumped a few times while sitting at the dock waiting for you to park the truck"...
Lol

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
18 yrs old , all excited after the morning hunt, and pulling into the parking lot of the sporting goods to get more shells for the nxt day, I hooked a curb at warp speed and flipped my rig on its side in the lot (14x36)with(20hp godevil) and drug it about 20 ft . Before realizing!
A bunch of customers standing @ front counter, and friends that worked there all ran out to see my F u G up!!! Lol

Boy I was mad and even more embarrassed! My adrenaline shot soo high I got out my truck and clean/jerked that beeoooch up rite and rolled right back outa there dragging the the tire and wheel at a 22.5 degree angle!

I've matured a lot since then
Im dying laughing LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightwindow View Post
In an hurry on a solo trip in Venice one weekday afternoon. Backed in 16 foot boat, pushed it easily off trailer, jumped aboard, puttered over to dock to tie it up, stopped to chat with someone, then took off for the trip. Came back four hours later at dark, truck and trailer in same spot, truck still running.
At least you didn't have to wait in line to back your trailer in the water!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 632

Launched the boat at 210 and someone was running late so had to launch it solo, no problem do what I always do. Got the boat off the trailer pulled up next to the long seawall and put the power pole down to hold it in place like I have done in the past. The power pole is down on the outside of the seawall. Walked to the truck and parked when I walked to the boat it drifted around on the power pole where I couldn't get to it. Walked up to where the parish employees were standing around and used two pole duck taped together with a paint rolled ducked tapped to the end and pulled the boat back around. Then the fishing partner showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Apple dominating the WORLD
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Good call, I think I'll try that out next time I launch at delcambre!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Took my wife, we were dating at the time, crabing by 2-10 bridge and she decided she needed the restroom so I ran up Contraband Bayou to the marina to let her go. We pulled up to one of the slips and she was sitting on the front of the boat so I told her to grab the dock and hold on so I could tie the boat off when the wind decided to blow the boat away from the dock..... needless to say, when I herd the splash and turned around she still had both hands on the dock but she was completely under water...... she still says I pushed the boat
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
Took my wife, we were dating at the time, crabing by 2-10 bridge and she decided she needed the restroom so I ran up Contraband Bayou to the marina to let her go. We pulled up to one of the slips and she was sitting on the front of the boat so I told her to grab the dock and hold on so I could tie the boat off when the wind decided to blow the boat away from the dock..... needless to say, when I herd the splash and turned around she still had both hands on the dock but she was completely under water...... she still says I pushed the boat
LMBO. I wish I could've seen that.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Flounder

Cash: 712

These guys had a bad day after a hunt. They decided to launch on the side to the road well needless to say the truck won. Ol boy said his dad just bought that trailer to. Had to stop and help them pull the boat out of the water.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0044.jpg (56.8 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0043.jpg (56.0 KB, 357 views)
Old 03-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Redfish

Cash: 542

I used to take the bow line off my boat when I would put it on the trailer. I was in a hurry one day one a trip by myself and forgot to hook the rope to the the boat, I tied it to the trailer but not the boat. Backed into the water and my boat never stopped. I did not have to swim for it as there were lots of boats coming in from fishing, and someone was nice enough to get it for me, but boy I was embarased. I have never taken the bow line off sence.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

After fishing at Big Alabama me and my podna was hauling azz down the pot holed gravel rd in Shurburne and I swerved to miss a hole and the boat and trailer hit one of the telephone poles that are pretty much in the road.. Put a big scuff on the boat, blew out the tire and bent the axle!! A Good Samaritan with a camp on the river that happened to have a torch at the camp helped us out and we limped back to Lafayette... And did I mention my podna borrowed the boat from a guy he worked with... This was in our destructive days of high school!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

Launced my 27' Grady White offshore boat at Hebert's landing on Big Lake at 4:30 AM one saturday to head offshore. Told my brother to put in plugs. he put in only one of the two. We were running by radar and came across a crab trap that hung in my starboard prop. Stopped boat to untangle and when I tried to get on step 5 minutes later the boat just porpoised. Opened rear hatch and saw water over top of generator! Asked brother if he put both plugs in and he said he thought there was only one! Put on both bilge pumps and limp back to Hebert's. Got there and there was a line a mile long by then. Jumped out and told Capt Sammie to stop traffic so I could put boat back on trailer. After 20 minutes of water draining re-launched boat at 6:00 am. Cost of replacement generator: $5,600!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Never really had any mishaps my gpaw taught me the dos and don't at a young age. I seen some crazy stuff though. I went fishing out of delcambre one time,put my boat on the trailer and pulled up out the way. While I was securing the boat on the trailer I see a woman backing up so her boyfriend could load the boat on the trailer. She backed the trailer in so far the jack post was barley out the water. I told her that it was too far but she didn't care and it was obvious they had been drinking. The boyfriend in a 14 flat with a 50 horse pulls up and slams the boat into the jack post and tells her to pull up. When she pulled up the port side hits the guide on the side of the trailer causing the starbord side to go under and the boat starts to sink. Now this dude is every bit of 300 pounds just sitting there not doing anything yelling da boat is sinking! I could not help but laugh. The only thing that kept it from sinking is the skeg hit the cement. I tried to help but could not get the back up. Someone else came in their boat and 4 of us picked up on the transom and backed the trailer under. After that the dude says man I need a beer....lmao the boat was full of empty beer cans.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

When my dad and I attended the first annual "Frogfest" with Catdaddy, we had only 3 frogs to take to the weigh-in at the launch. Catdaddy took all the empty beer cans from the boat instead. He walked up and said, "I bet ain't nobody weighed this many in tonight!" The entire crowd was in hysterics!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Flounder

Cash: 608

I was a young buck and my dad and a few of his friends decided to do a father/son fishing outing. So they all launched their boats and it was still dark and my dad went last and asked that I hold the rope while he parks. This is at Bayou Segnette btw. So I stood there waiting and decided to walk the boat to the end of the dock but forgot that the dock ends very quick. In the water I went and my dad came running up pulled me out the water and what seemed was a ruined day and go home I put on a slicker suit and finished off in style. I still get a hard time from that.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
It was a double launch. Believe you me, if anyone - especially anyone I knew at the marina - had been put out for more than two seconds because my rig was in the way, it'd have been parked Lord knows where!!