SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738
Default Restore America

Had a heart to heart conversation with my buddy that did 2 tours in iraq this afternoon. He seemed down so I asked what was wrong. He broke down and told me how he feels like we went to war for the totally wrong reason. Really got to me cause we talked about this before but this is the first time I seen him depressed on 4 of july of all days. We discussed some intense details that I swore would not discuss. We really need to come together and get this nation back to how our founding fathers and god wanted it to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roD5myufyJs
Old 07-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,115

Yes Sir,
I hear what you are saying. I see what you are saying. Those folks that have been sent to go and do as they were told, did just that, but there was an *** hat, that was elected and re-elected , if you believe the BS, to drive this country into the ground, and he is doing just that.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Great White

Yep....it's just frustrating cause so many people are caught up doing their own thing and either have no clue or just don't care about the times we are living in. We the people are the only one's that can get things back on track. Just look at what is going on in egypt. Pull out your bible and read Isaiah 19:2 when you get to verse 5 it is very interesting.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Great White

June 24, 2013 – EGYPT - Egypt’s president has warned Ethiopia that “all options are open” in dealing with its construction of a Nile dam that threatens to leave Egypt with a dangerous water shortage. Speaking in a live televised speech before hundreds of supporters on Monday, Mohammed Morsi said Egypt was not calling for war, but it is willing to confront any threats to its water security. “If it loses one drop, our blood is the alternative,” he said to a raucous crowd of largely Islamist supporters that erupted into a standing ovation. Ethiopia’s $4.2 billion hydroelectric dam, which would be Africa’s largest, challenges a colonial-era agreement that had given Egypt and Sudan the lion’s share of rights to Nile water. Experts estimate that Egypt could lose as much as 20 percent of its Nile water in the three to five years needed for Ethiopia to fill a massive reservoir. Morsi’s speech reflected the importance of the Nile River to Egypt. It provides almost all of the fresh water to a country that is otherwise largely parched desert. As much as 85 percent of the Nile’s water comes from Ethiopia. “We are not calling for war, but we will not allow, at all, threats against our water security,” Morsi said before adding, all options are open. The great Nile is that which all our lives are connected to. The lives of the Egyptians are connected around it … as one great people,” Morsi told the crowd. Shifting his tone later in the speech, Morsi said that Egypt considered Ethiopia a “friend” and noted he had visited the country twice since taking office. He said his administration was in continuous dialogue with Ethiopia and Sudan to discuss water rights. –Al Jazeera
Old 07-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Over 17 trillion dollars in debt it's too late to get back on track. Gonna have to start over.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

http://faultlineusa.blogspot.com/201...on-in.html?m=1
Old 07-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

What is disturbing to me is what is going on in Afghanistan. I represent the Soldiers at Fort Polk who come back wounded or injured and these guys are in fire fights every single day. Don't get me wrong, most of them love it, but we are not making any headway in Afghanistan at all. Those folks have been living a tribal lifestyle for centuries and we are not going to change that, yet, we just sent over a brigade from Fort Polk, and undoubtably, some of those Soldiers are going to die - for what? The Afghan forces are rediculously inept and corrupt and simply are not willing to tackle the Taliban - very rarely will they hold their own in battle.

These kids come back with mental and physical scars that are life altering. They are truly amazing and dedicated to one another. I had a guy the other day that was blown up by a grenade from ten feet away. He sustained shrapnel wounds to eight places in his body. They could not dig out the small pieces of shrapnel as doing so would create more harm than good. Ten days later he is out patrolling again with wounds that are trying to heal. He is on a night patrol and falls into a sewage ditch and his whole body gets submerged. He remains out on the patrol for next two days covered in crap. His wounds become infected to the point that he has to be evacuated. These are the types of heros that we are sending into harms way - for what? I know the U.S. had good intentions, but we were clueless when it came to the cultural and sociological forces at play. It's time to let Afghan boys fight Afghan wars.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
What is disturbing to me is what is going on in Afghanistan. I represent the Soldiers at Fort Polk who come back wounded or injured and these guys are in fire fights every single day. Don't get me wrong, most of them love it, but we are not making any headway in Afghanistan at all. Those folks have been living a tribal lifestyle for centuries and we are not going to change that, yet, we just sent over a brigade from Fort Polk, and undoubtably, some of those Soldiers are going to die - for what? The Afghan forces are rediculously inept and corrupt and simply are not willing to tackle the Taliban - very rarely will they hold their own in battle.

These kids come back with mental and physical scars that are life altering. They are truly amazing and dedicated to one another. I had a guy the other day that was blown up by a grenade from ten feet away. He sustained shrapnel wounds to eight places in his body. They could not dig out the small pieces of shrapnel as doing so would create more harm than good. Ten days later he is out patrolling again with wounds that are trying to heal. He is on a night patrol and falls into a sewage ditch and his whole body gets submerged. He remains out on the patrol for next two days covered in crap. His wounds become infected to the point that he has to be evacuated. These are the types of heros that we are sending into harms way - for what? I know the U.S. had good intentions, but we were clueless when it came to the cultural and sociological forces at play. It's time to let Afghan boys fight Afghan wars.

I could not agree more! They all need to come home.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Crazy stuff....and if you think it could not happen here look at what went down after katrina. Anyone that does not agree with the government is considered a "terrorist"....fkin nuts

Last edited by Montauk17; 07-05-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Great White

Old 07-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Great White