SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

[quote="W";678771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post

So all Baston Blank rods are all below avg rods?
They make 4 levels of blanks, and to answer your question they have had quality issues with all 4 levels. In terms you can understand they brake more than they should. Are you the guy that said Kistler puts Helium in there rods?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Too me it's simple

If you don't like the product don't buy it, if you like it buy it

What's the big deal?? Why bash a business who is a sponsor and has given way lots of rods at our own Saltycajun events
Well Put! Haters gone Hate
Old 04-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,782

[quote=specknation;678773]
Quote:

They make 4 levels of blanks, and to answer your question they have had quality issues with all 4 levels. In terms you can understand they brake more than they should. Are you the guy that said Kistler puts Helium in there rods?
Do u know where Kistler gets there blanks? Waterloo? St. Croix? All considered high end rods right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
DuceRods.com
Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

The kistlers on northfork blanks are great. The waterloo slam mag on the batson rx8 is ok. Could care less about st. Croix because i have not been impressed with even their legend extreme series which ive owned 3.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

[quote=specknation;678773]
Quote:

I never used a kistler rod in my life......but I have used Custom rods for now 6 years or so...

Can you list all the custom rod companies that use Baston Blanks ?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:34 AM
Tripletail

[quote="W";678782]
Quote:

I never used a kistler rod in my life......but I have used Custom rods for now 6 years or so...

Can you list all the custom rod companies that use Baston Blanks ?
Let me brake it down for you batson makes the rx6 blank the rx7 blanks which are cheap blanks that duce used for there rods. The rx8 blank is used in the waterloo upper line blank like bayouchub stated is a little better. And as for as telling you how many custom rod companies that use Batson Blanks, nobody knows the answer to a question that dumb. There are thousands of custom rod companies throughout the USA LOL
Old 04-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

Let me brake it down for you batson makes the rx6 blank the rx7 blanks which are cheap blanks that duce used for there rods. The rx8 blank is used in the waterloo upper line blank like bayouchub stated is a little better. And as for as telling you how many custom rod companies that use Batson Blanks, nobody knows the answer to a question that dumb. There are thousands of custom rod companies throughout the USA LOL

They said they changed blanks but your still saying they are lower??? So how do you know the new blanks are below avg.? If I was a Lawyer I could eat you up in court on your clams..LMAO

You have stated ZERO proof other than your opinion (which is fine) but your opinion does not mean PROOF that the Duce series is a below Avg rods
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

I love me some "below average" blanks then I guess.... even my ML has flipped in many oversized reds.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
They said they changed blanks but your still saying they are lower??? So how do you know the new blanks are below avg.? If I was a Lawyer I could eat you up in court on your clams..LMAO

You have stated ZERO proof other than your opinion (which is fine) but your opinion does not mean PROOF that the Duce series is a below Avg rods
LOL a Lawyer, I will say one thing in court and it is a quote from you "THEY PUT HELIUM IN KISTLER RODS" and you stated that on this website game, set, match. Your knowledge of rods are real bad, so stop acting like you know anything about them. LOL
Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

ONE KNOCKER son ONE FREAKIN KNOCKER!!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
LOL a Lawyer, I will say one thing in court and it is a quote from you "THEY PUT HELIUM IN KISTLER RODS" and you stated that on this website game, set, match. Your knowledge of rods are real bad, so stop acting like you know anything about them. LOL

LMAO 1st off I never used a Kistler and if you find my comment you will find I SAID.... I WAS TOLD they have HELIUM in them...

HOW WOULD I KNOW IF I NEVER USED ONE??? THAT IS WHY I ASKED

but again you are stating your opinion on a rod that you really have zero PROOF to back your saying

you said it was a lower grade....PROVE IT , stop doing like Obama and going around the question
Old 04-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Tripletail

Why is DUCE out of business? They couldn't warranty all the rods that broke, good high quality blanks DO not break at the rate the DUCE rods broke. It's simple if these rods where above average quality they would have lasted way longer.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Here we go again... 10 or 15 pages before they shut it down?

arguing.jpg
Old 04-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

Quote:
Why is DUCE out of business? They couldn't warranty all the rods that broke, good high quality blanks DO not break at the rate the DUCE rods broke. It's simple if these rods where above average quality they would have lasted way longer.
thats a pretty bold statement. do you know the tensile and yield strength of any of these rods? i know just as many people who dislike top of the line rods from any maker cause, in fact, they break them a loooot.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
thats a pretty bold statement. do you know the tensile and yield strength of any of these rods? i know just as many people who dislike top of the line rods from any maker cause, in fact, they break them a loooot.
Kistler Zbone have less than a 1% percentage break rate, check it on the website. GLoomis NRX comes with a wildcard that if you break it they will replace no questions ask. These are the two rods I used for the past few years and have had no breakage on either brand, but if I does no worries they will have warranty.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

Quote:
Kistler Zbone have less than a 1% percentage break rate, check it on the website. GLoomis NRX comes with a wildcard that if you break it they will replace no questions ask. These are the two rods I used for the past few years and have had no breakage on either brand, but if I do no worries they will have warranty.
yea i understand the warranty thing. that hopefully is the change. but ive never broke a DUCE but ive negligently broke every rod, ever. lol
Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Ling

Quote:
Kistler Zbone have less than a 1% percentage break rate, check it on the website. GLoomis NRX comes with a wildcard that if you break it they will replace no questions ask. These are the two rods I used for the past few years and have had no breakage on either brand, but if I does no worries they will have warranty.
What are the prices on those two rods you listed?
Old 04-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Ling

nm looked it up myself... 399-419 dollars a rod! and you comparing them to a 120-140 duce rod! don't make any sense to me.... I stated that for the PRICE the duce rod is the best rod ive used!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
nm looked it up myself... 399-419 dollars a rod! and you comparing them to a 120-140 duce rod! don't make any sense to me.... I stated that for the PRICE the duce rod is the best rod ive used!
Regardless of price who wants to buy a rod that breaks at a high rate, and two that you can't get any warranty work. Your buddy stated that high end rods break easy, that is simply not true anymore.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Ling

As I said before I don't understand how ppl are breaking these duce rods! I fish 2-3 times a week and these rods get NO special treatment. I have caught a lot of bigger redfish from a kayak with the ML rod and had it bent 180 degrees never broke. I have had one problem with them and it didn't break just the grip was twisting a lil bit.. .got it swapped out no questions asked.