SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

I don't own any Duce rods ... But I do know when a company is sold / bought/ sold etc its either because the original grew the company and sells for a profit meaning the company grew so most likely it handled business with customers / warrantys etc. OR it sucked azz and was sold for cheap in hopes of re vamping the business into a successful business. Well I can remember a time where there was threads voicing concern on Duce quality/ warranty multiple times . These threads usually went w/o response from the owners . I know my business is much like other businesses , we rely on awesome referrals for a loyal customer base, so if a customer ever voices concern toward quality, or anything for that matter I bend over backwards to remedy the situation immediately . I like seeing young guys do good in business so I hope with the new owners / partners these issues will be corrected , unfortunately until I hear a solution / game plan from the company on how the issues have been resolved I won't be buying a Duce rod.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
L O L
Old 04-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Nice
Old 04-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: 663

On la gov website - for whomever wants to know owners
Officer - Member - Matt doucet
Officer - Manager - Cade eskridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
I don't own any Duce rods ... But I do know when a company is sold / bought/ sold etc its either because the original grew the company and sells for a profit meaning the company grew so most likely it handled business with customers / warrantys etc. OR it sucked azz and was sold for cheap in hopes of re vamping the business into a successful business. Well I can remember a time where there was threads voicing concern on Duce quality/ warranty multiple times . These threads usually went w/o response from the owners . I know my business is much like other businesses , we rely on awesome referrals for a loyal customer base, so if a customer ever voices concern toward quality, or anything for that matter I bend over backwards to remedy the situation immediately . I like seeing young guys do good in business so I hope with the new owners / partners these issues will be corrected , unfortunately until I hear a solution / game plan from the company on how the issues have been resolved I won't be buying a Duce rod.
Well said! I wish these guys all the best in the future. Whatever problems they may have had, I hope they work out and, things with Duce get back on track, regardless of who owns the company.

I hate to see failure of any sort in any business. My companies have been on their heels before (not due to poor craftsmanship) and, it's not fun being in that situation. Most small companies have mortgaged dang near everything they owned to make it work! Best wishes to all of the owners!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

At da risk of getting junk mail.
Please would some one let me know if I can still go to da new location for Duce rods over on 49 south of Lafayette were it ant 49 yet.
If no one is there were cand I go to get a new un used Duce twisted rod.
I read 50 posts on this thread ...a lot for me to digested. And from wated I made out Duce is still around.
I got no sperance wit dem rods but they seem low cost and are custom rodes put together here in the Lafayette area .i got no chicken in dis boxing match .i jus want a rod from a place so close to home.
I don't care if it is made from lower end blankets and so on its just the ideer it comes from here.
I could and will get a higher cost rod soon enough but I believed in a rod for every situation.

Now for food for the frenzy a twisted rod wit a conventional reel might be cool on the retrieve. But only if I can get one with med Hevesy action.

I would also like a decal for the said rod that says what I want it to say. Which I think would be cool to get from a local rod shop.

Now as far as poorticular typs of rods I like da wall marts custom rods and am sold on penn,egeal claws,and I don't know if avet makes a rod but I would get one if they did.

So why is it so bad. And are they still in business or did they go out and are starting over.

If its all screwed up and I can't get one is there a nother custom rod shop putting out in the Lafayette area?

Please pm me info on any of my questions you can.

Ratdog waiting on the pacquet Easter parade .
I support Louisiana made products even if they taste bad look bad smell bad and pacquet bad too.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Oh ya rods are like sunglasses for me. I use up in da sun and loose um when it's dark. And when I sit on um they brake. An when day brake I suffer till I get a new pare.

They come in different styles an some make me look good but when I get pissed I throw um which causes them to shatter. But if I like um they last longer than others. But if I don't they sit around till some one comes along that ant got nun an I give um up.

So a rod equil to the price of good glass is not that big a deal and if you plan on giving your glasses......wait I mean your rod to your grand kids just remember they are Gunna be out of style like last years reeboks .

Really guys if I was from another state becouse of what's here I think I would pass up Duce. And that is something to be ashamed of.

Support the local business and think water off the back of a pair of sun glasses.

I just rebooked my rod so now I need a new pare of glasses.

I'm so ashamed.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:08 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
Old 04-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Rofl, that's a good belly laugh to start the day
Old 04-09-2014, 06:15 AM
Red Snapper

haha yea i watched it several times this morning
Old 04-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post

Depends on how you cook them.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

Quote:
Originally Posted by paublo25 View Post
Duce is on a return, I have a buddy that I fish with who told me and I have seen first hand their new rods(some new changes). There is a new backer hell bent on bringing this company back. Send me your info and I'll pass on the info and hopefully they can work something out. I don't want to pass out any info right now bc I know they want to get all their ducks in a row before they take off again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my hands on one of the 1st 3 of them and they rock!!!!!!!!!!

I also have 2 of the older version and there are lots of new features on the new Duce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will go like hot cakes!!!!!!!

TB
Old 04-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

cant wait to get my hands on a couple! I like the cork split grip... looks sweet
Old 04-09-2014, 02:02 PM
King Mackeral

As part of the "NEW DUCE" Research and Development team along with HITTINITDAILY I back the rods 100%. Specknation stated that HITTINITDAILY's info was from someone who was not involved with the company.....not so.......we test, we fish, we approve.........anddddddddddddddddd

Specknation all I can say is i hope that you have an oportunity to fish the new Duce and see why we believe

:-)
Old 04-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Red Snapper

cant see with your eyes closed
Old 04-09-2014, 03:03 PM
King Mackeral

touche
Old 04-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMouth7 View Post
As part of the "NEW DUCE" Research and Development team along with HITTINITDAILY I back the rods 100%. Specknation stated that HITTINITDAILY's info was from someone who was not involved with the company.....not so.......we test, we fish, we approve.........anddddddddddddddddd

Specknation all I can say is i hope that you have an oportunity to fish the new Duce and see why we believe

:-)
Go back and look I didn't say anything close to that wrong person. LOL
Old 04-09-2014, 03:41 PM
King Mackeral

just assumed i guess cuz of all the other stupid stuff you said
Old 04-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMouth7 View Post
just assumed i guess cuz of all the other stupid stuff you said