SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Sounds like cajunmade has done his homework and spits facts. Get em Cajun made.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Lets see how good CCA is in La? Cancel the star tourney for 1 year. Only thing that keeps them going is the $40 from star entrys and a few big land owners.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Lets see how good CCA is in La? Cancel the star tourney for 1 year. Only thing that keeps them going is the $40 from star entrys and a few big land owners.
Sounds like the most conservation minded move is to boycott the Star tournament.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Redfish

Cash: 429
Default Biggun

WOW, BigMouth, you were at a Kenner meeting with a group of like- minded koolaid drinkers, and at the same time I was in Washington D.C. with numerous recreational fishing groups trying to stop commercial fishermen from cleaning our clocks on catch shares. A meeting your little clown group was asked to attend and failed to show. I was also present in federal district court with those same groups when a federal judge ruled against recreational fishermen and FOR commercial fishermen. That court hearing was opened to the public and CCA of La was asked to help and attend, and yet no one from your little clown group showed their face.

So please stop fabricating ideas when the facts slap you in the face.

Anyone interested in reading what happen in Washington follow this link

http://gulfseafoodnews.com/2014/03/2...per-fishermen/

What did come out during numerous committee hearings and one court hearing was that CCA of La. changed its official postion on catch shares three different times. Each time being in contrast to its previous position. A fact that the federal district judge called "suspect" "self-serving" and "confusing."

So BigMouth, while your little revival was going on and your group tried to decide how much starch to put in your Cabelas fishing shirts, legit recreational fishing groups are working their butts off and never asking for membership money to pay the board members' salaries.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Swordfish

Thanks for the info cajunmade.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMade View Post
I quit GCCA when it became a money maker for a few select people and re-formed as CCA. The CCA boys are actually a Texas group, using a 501(C) to circumvent their real goals. CCA has done nothing but caused hardship to its recreational members for benefit of a select few. It is the only 501(C) organization in the ENTIRE country who refuses to provide financial records to its members. It proposed a bow fishing band in conjunction with the Louisiana Landowners Association with data that it admitted was fabricated. It did the exact same thing in its succesful ploy to regulate tripletail creel limits. It refuses to get involved in public waterway disputes, despite its mission statement mandating it will. It refuses to help in the rigs to reefs program because one of its "owners" in Texas has a company which is paid by the federal government to remove rigs from the Gulf. Maybe that is why 6 of 7 fisherman in Louisiana refuse to join the CCA which is affectionaly known in Baton Rouge and Washington as the "C"apitol "C"lowns "A"ssocation.

Before you kool-aid drinkers start fussing, the redfish gillnet issue was NOT promoted by CCA, but by GCCA, a total volunteer organization.

Finally, if you do make a negative statement about CCA, you might get threaten with bodily harm from one of its board members, just as I did. But obviously, I do not scare that easily.
Quote:
I have no connection with Chris Moran and respect him and his operation greatly.

Biggun, you have no clue what you are talking about, in fact you were involved in the physical threat to me ( in your indivudal capacity and as Board Member of CCA). That is when your fearless leader had to call and apologize and beg that I not press state and federal charges against you and your little posse of kool-aid drinkers. An action I have not ruled out yet. And as to threat, it has fallen on deaf ears.

I suggest you change your name to big mouth, as opposed to big gun, because your threats seem to never exist when you and I are in public together.

As to any axe I have to grind, there is none. CCA is disrespected by the majority of recreational fisherman in this state (proven fact, only 1 of 7 fisherman actually fish the STAR, and are members of the CCA); it is the laughing stock in Baton Rouge (public record of committee hearings re: bowfishing ban); it is the laughing stock in Washington D.C. (public record of Clean Water Act subcommittee hearings, and Rigs to Reef bill, general debate, Senate Bill 1050, 2004, and again during amendment of bill in 2012).

As to the Washington hearing, Vitter, begged CCA of Louisiana to support the bill, and it failed to show up for the hearing in committee. (Public record, same reference as above)
Quote:
Biggun, as I said, you like to run your mouth on a keyboard but keep in shut in public when I am around. As to federal law, when you use the internet to get a group of people to conspire to physically harm someone, then you have broken federal and state law. You may not be as smart as you think you are.

It is typical CCA mentality that when you cannot argue the facts attack someone personally. Well your mouth and fingers do not scare me.

I dislike CCA of Lousiiana because it is a self serving group of liars. Nothing more, nothing less. I am a heavy supporter of CCAUSA, because it is real. You want to know how their funds are spent, ask them, they will tell you, verbally and in writing. Go ask CCA of Louisiana that question, and see if you get an answer.

Here are facts, not my opinion:

(1) CCA fabricated the data it had on bowfishing, then lied in a legislative hearing, under oath, about the data;

(2) CCA lied about the data it had on tripletail;

(3) CCA, despite its mission statement, refuses to take a stand on public vs. private waterways;

(4) Despite constant pleading from Ted Venker (V.P. CCA USA), and Vitter's office, CCA of Louisiana failed to appear at a United States Enviromental and Public Works committee hearing on SB 1079 (Rigs to Reef); thus the bill died in committee;

(5) Just recently (March 26, 2014) CCA of Louisiana failed to appear, despite multiple request to do so, at a Washignton D.C. administrative hearing on catch shares. Commercial fishermen, in a suit by Gary Jarvis, were cleary successful regarding red snapper. That decision, which will greatly restrict the recreational fishermen, was just confirmed by a D.C. federal court on Monday;

(6) CCA of Louisiana is owned by a group of individuals from Texas(Louisiana Sec. of State records), who owned interest in companies that remove oil rigs from the Gulf of Mexico at a great profit (La. Mineral Board lease argeements and Texas Sec. of State records;

(7) CCA lied to its membership about its relationship with the Louisiana Landowners Assocaition until your Grand PuPyia was put under oath and had to admit it works with LSA on numerous projects. (Maybe that explains fact #3).

I was at every one of the above mentioned hearings, and have copies of all transcripts, which are public record. I also heard numerous lawmakers in Washington and Louisiana refer to your little group as the Capitol Clowns Association, references which still remain on public record at the Library of Congress.

You see, bigmouth, we spent a considerable about of money to investigate CCA of Louisiana before we make allegations. What I stated above are facts, not opinions. Your very latest post states a whole lot about CCA of Louisiana. You and others admit you protested bowfishing ban, yet your "board" went against its very own membership in pushing that issue. Oh, I sorry, the membership did not get a vote, the board made the decision in executive session re: the bowfishing ban.

Again your threats have fallen on deaf ears. So go to your little revivals, get lied to, then appear on CCA's behalf at public functions.

For those who cannot t recognize the "board" members, here is a tip: They are the grown men, who are wearing heavily starched purple Cabelas' fishing shirts, with an embroided gold "CCA" on the front. These grown men, will be wearing goofy looking fishing shorts, with a belt that has either colored fish on it or bearing a multiple silver stamped "LSU". These guys will also have some type of strange fishing shoes on.

As a whole, these clowns will look like illegitmate queer offspring from an illicit affair involving Mike the Tiger and Wilma Flintstone.

And if that is not enough info, these clowns will be the arrogant, want-to-be fishermen, who think they fish better than anyone else because of the before mentioned costume.

Caveat: This in by no means bash of my beloved Tigers, I have two degress from LSU. It is just an statement of fact about CCA.
Quote:
WOW, BigMouth, you were at a Kenner meeting with a group of like- minded koolaid drinkers, and at the same time I was in Washington D.C. with numerous recreational fishing groups trying to stop commercial fishermen from cleaning our clocks on catch shares. A meeting your little clown group was asked to attend and failed to show. I was also present in federal district court with those same groups when a federal judge ruled against recreational fishermen and FOR commercial fishermen. That court hearing was opened to the public and CCA of La was asked to help and attend, and yet no one from your little clown group showed their face.

So please stop fabricating ideas when the facts slap you in the face.

Anyone interested in reading what happen in Washington follow this link

http://gulfseafoodnews.com/2014/03/2...per-fishermen/

What did come out during numerous committee hearings and one court hearing was that CCA of La. changed its official postion on catch shares three different times. Each time being in contrast to its previous position. A fact that the federal district judge called "suspect" "self-serving" and "confusing."

So BigMouth, while your little revival was going on and your group tried to decide how much starch to put in your Cabelas fishing shirts, legit recreational fishing groups are working their butts off and never asking for membership money to pay the board members' salaries.

You sound like the guy we need to found our own new coastal division, ,

Hell we have the lake Charles CCA chapter president on here and I would love him to debate this

I was a big CCA supporter but over the years I learned it's all about the $$$$$$$ trail

1) allowed a few to change the trout lint down to 15 with zero evidence...but but CCA "said it's the right thing to do"

2) failed to take action against oyster dredging on big lake with out a seed program,

3) spent 600k+ on a reef and all the starched shirt Cca sunshine pumpers got to make the paper, while the oyster boats were rapping our fishing grounds laughing there azz off

Screw em
Old 04-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Biggun, i'm pretty sure just about all recreational fisherman agree on the red snapper issue. Let's hear some facts on the trout limit change on big lake, the oyster issue, and the triple tail limit changes.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Will Drost pushed 15 trout limit and 3Tail limit

He is married into the Lawton Family...anyone knows how much money the Lawton family pumps in the CCA??
Old 04-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Will Drost pushed 15 trout limit and 3Tail limit

He is married into the Lawton Family...anyone knows how much money the Lawton family pumps in the CCA??
It wasnt just WD that pushed the trout limit change, but we wont go into that in the open forum
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
You sound like the guy we need to found our own new coastal division, ,

Hell we have the lake Charles CCA chapter president on here and I would love him to debate this

I was a big CCA supporter but over the years I learned it's all about the $$$$$$$ trail

1) allowed a few to change the trout lint down to 15 with zero evidence...but but CCA "said it's the right thing to do"

2) failed to take action against oyster dredging on big lake with out a seed program,

3) spent 600k+ on a reef and all the starched shirt Cca sunshine pumpers got to make the paper, while the oyster boats were rapping our fishing grounds laughing there azz off

Screw em
That's past president and your best friends dad, your representative who lives in Jennings is the person who sold out on the oyster regulations for big lake. Everyone is entitled to their owns opinions but there is only one fact.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
That's past president and your best friends dad, your representative who lives in Jennings is the person who sold out on the oyster regulations for big lake. Everyone is entitled to their owns opinions but there is only one fact.
Can you prove any of Cajun Made facts not true? He pretty much hit a home run and not one CCA member or President can prove other wise
Old 04-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

W

As U know I'm from Abbeville. I do fish BL. CCA wasn't even in the fight about the Oyster dredging..

As for as BL trout limits I remember, reading many articles that that Many, Many, Guides were in FAVOR of the 15 trout..

The many pictures of wade fisherman from Texas coming and smoking large trout in the winter time. as well as numerous, articles and pictures of stringers of extremely large trout in the LA sportsman mag. Was the start of the whole trout limit reduction..

Again the oyster fisherman was another issue.. That was a local State Representative..

Assigning blame to CCA for the oysters or trout in BL; is like Blaming me for the BP oil spill because I started working for them as 3rd party safety consultant after the incident..

I got to go to work..
Old 04-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

I say itll be in the Gill Net by page 10
Old 04-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
W

As U know I'm from Abbeville. I do fish BL. CCA wasn't even in the fight about the Oyster dredging..

As for as BL trout limits I remember, reading many articles that that Many, Many, Guides were in FAVOR of the 15 trout..

The many pictures of wade fisherman from Texas coming and smoking large trout in the winter time. as well as numerous, articles and pictures of stringers of extremely large trout in the LA sportsman mag. Was the start of the whole trout limit reduction..

Again the oyster fisherman was another issue.. That was a local State Representative..

Assigning blame to CCA for the oysters or trout in BL; is like Blaming me for the BP oil spill because I started working for them as 3rd party safety consultant after the incident..

I got to go to work..
Dont you think the CCA shouldve used their pull to at least try to stop the dredging? Im not saying its their fault, but I thought destroying fish habitat was one of the things they were trying to prevent?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
W

I got to go to work..
So you're saying they made the limit based on pics in magazines and internet instead of sound science?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,382

Limit changes over pictures. Awesome. That's some solid data.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGib View Post
Limit changes over pictures. Awesome. That's some solid data.
And that's when you know it's all about politics
Old 04-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Can you prove any of Cajun Made facts not true? He pretty much hit a home run and not one CCA member or President can prove other wise

Your BFF has only stated his opinion not facts that are suppportable by any stretch of his our your imagination. Please go have breakfast with Blade Moorish and ask him why he ammended his anti-dredging bill in the House. Come and give a book report when you have that information.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Well, we've heard the news snapper season has been cut to eleven days. The Licenses fees going UP.. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Apathy is one man's victory and another man's defeat. We as sportsmen, have done nothing to help ourselves. We come to sites like this and complain. We argue and fight, and then do what? NOTHING! Well the time for that is over. I don't care if you fish just for trout and redfish, if you are a charter captain, or fish the offshore like my family and I do. We as recreational
anglers and sportsmen need to all come together and stand up for what is rightfully ours. It is time to organize; to stand together and be heard. Instead We balme one organization or another.. We stop giving our hard earned money to one and give to another.. My father, once told me good leaders, say lead, or get out of the way and let someone else lead.. I'm a leader.. Not a follower.. That's why in 5 yrs after leaving LWCC, I'm working for 2 of the largest oil and gas company leaders in the GoM.

Believe me the commercial snapper sector is united and organized with one ultimate goal: putting an end to recreational fishing in federal waters. So whether or not you fish offshore we need your help. I will do my part. As I've gotten involved... One man trying to reach a million will not succeed, but a million men reaching one each will reach a million.

Cajun-made has proved nothing.. He also has just stated conjecture..I asked him to supply this site with the Organization he claims to represent, and supply his organizations mission statement.. .I haven't called him names!!!!! He also has just stated conjecture..

Which I have no problem with.. I respect his right to expound HIS opinion like everyone else on this site.

He has only said he represents REAL Recreational Fisherman..

I guess I'm going to get threatened again BY HIM with HIM FILING A FEDERAL LAW SUIT AGAINST ME... For harassment.

If YOU need my Address here in SO. TX. please let me know...

Last edited by biggun; 04-10-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Well, we've heard the news snapper season has been cut to eleven days. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Apathy is one man's victory and another man's defeat. We as sportsmen, have done nothing to help ourselves. We come to sites like this and complain. We argue and fight, and then do what? NOTHING! Well the time for that is over. I don't care if you fish just for trout and redfish, if you are a charter captain, or fish the offshore like my family and I do. We as recreational
anglers and sportsmen need to all come together and stand up for what is rightfully ours. It is time to organize; to stand together and be heard. Believe me the commercial snapper sector is united and organized with one ultimate goal: putting an end to recreational fishing in federal waters. So whether or not you fish offshore we need your help. I will do my part. As I've gotten involved... One man trying to reach a million will not succeed, but a million men reaching one each will reach a million.

Cajun-made has proved nothing.. I asked him to supply this site with the Organization he claims to represent, and supply his organizations mission statement.. He also has just stated conjecture...
Which I have no problem with.. He has a right to expound this opinion like everyone else on this site.

He has only said he represents REAL Recreational Fisherman..

ok, so its all our fault CCA doesn't show up at legislative meetings and such

if we all donated a few more millions of dollars would they finally show up then? or would they still be too busy with local fund raisers and labeling marker bouys after themselves?