SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcast;145881[COLOR="Red"
]i think he owns lakeland homes[/COLOR].i will never buy a home from him.do we have gps of were you were.money is power but sam colt has a remedy.
Wrong
Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

Raymond please explain what I sm wrong about. Is it he owns Lakeland homes or money is power.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 984
Default map for those who don't know...

Can someone show a map with the general area that is off limits?
Old 04-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 677

Sulphite, want to go fishing??????
Old 04-30-2010, 10:07 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

I say we all go fish there at the same time . Then let Mr Butthead try his scare tactics on a few boatloads of men . I would love to see the look on his fat face then.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcast View Post
Raymond please explain what I sm wrong about. Is it he owns Lakeland homes or money is power.
You would be surprised how far a majority will get you these days (Tea Party)
Old 04-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner18 View Post
I say we all go fish there at the same time . Then let Mr Butthead try his scare tactics on a few boatloads of men . I would love to see the look on his fat face then.

My boat is in Hackberry (with my GPS) and I can't tell from Google maps exactly where the spot is but I can tell you that if you enter Black Lake from the salt ditch you will come in on the south east side of the lake. If you go through the first pipe opening heading north and stay on a west north westerly course you will end up at the edge of the marsh at the end of the lake on the north western side. There is a small canal that runs through the marsh near the area I was fishing. The spot is farily well known as on weekends there are usually a couple of boats in the area. Right now there is a large piece of equipment that appears to be dredging the canal near the area I was fishing.

This area could very well be private property as it is not marked. There is still at least 1000 yards of water between where I was fishing and the actual shore.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022
Default It's simple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I was introduced to this particular spot two years ago by a well respected local guide, he told me to come back and fish it and he didn't mind me knowing about his spot. For the last two years I have fished that very spot several times having great trips. I had no idea I was on someones land. Running on me like a criminal in front of my family was unacceptable. Clearly you know the guy to take this view. For you to think that someone being in my home is the same as someone drifting in a boat over something I think is my property is a laughable discussion. I also happen to own land in Cameron parish, waterfront land. I don't plan to run out in an airboat and endanger people to protect my redfish in my canal.

You understand the whole children situation but still it was his land? You must not have kids to make a statement like that.

Do I agree with landowners owning the water that is effected by the tide? No I do not and I realize the CCA is sitting on thier hands on this issue that in iteslf is an entirely different discussion. What can't happen at least in the United States of America (which includes Cameron Parish) is citizens policing each other the way these landowners are. A trained police officer would not have endangered my family and acted like this in front of my children. Don't worry about me, I will take my issue up with someone outside of the parish.

I own a business and have 30 employees, if one of my employees stole from me what would I do? The only thing I can do is document the theft and call the police. I can not imprison them or take action against them other than firing my employee. I am not the police. Soon I guess people will be getting pulled over by other normal citizens for speeding right? Why not, they did speed just like I was on his land?

It is only a matter of time before your buddy does this to the wrong guy or wrong family and someone gets hurt. Again, over a redfish. Considering the guy is spending Saturday evenings on a airboat running off fishermen, maybe the solution is just to get him a women. Based upon the looks of this guy it has probably been a while.
First of all, I do have a 2 year old child. You might want to ask before you make assumptions. Second, learn the boundries. If you don't know, don't go. Tell, you what, I'll go to your lease in TX and kill me a few deer. Then, when you catch me on "your land or lease," you can run me out. But, when I get home, I'll call the DA, Sheriff's office, or whomever and try to get a law started for MY mistakes. Sound similar?

BD
Old 05-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Tripletail

Default Kinchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
CKINCHEN, I agree with you that it was handled poorly and dangerously. Did you ask your well respected guide exactly where you were fishing and if it was public or private? He knew where he was and also knew he was Tresspassing. For him to give you permission to fish his spot is aiding an illegal activity. I would be just as pizzed at the Well Respected Guide as the azzhat in the Earboat.
On the same subject, how much land do you own? Keeping tresspassers off of private property is a daily battle for some. I know firsthand the kind of altercations that insue with tresspassers. If you don't have permission by the land owner,,, stay out, if you can't be sure where you are,,, stay out.
I will try to look up the Louisiana Supreme court decision that established the precedent for this issue. Yakem probably knows it chapter and verse so maybe he will chime in soon.

You can learn a lot from what this gentleman is saying. Hey guys let's all go tresspass!!!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckinabox View Post
Boatdriver it sounds like you're on the side of the IDIOT who loves to show how big of balls he has by beating his chest in front of kids. All i have to say is that i have a clue what spot this is and that either the land owner put up signs or this will not be the last incident. There is no way just by sight to know where his land is or not so unless there is signs this will continue and someone is going to get hurt.

Personally i would like to see if that would happen to a couple of guys without kids.
You're right, it won't be the last incident until the levee is finished. Then, there will be no more confusion. And, NO, he DOES NOT have to put up a sign. Read the law moron. Sounds like you are the IDIOT now.

BD
Old 05-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
First of all, I do have a 2 year old child. You might want to ask before you make assumptions. Second, learn the boundries. If you don't know, don't go. Tell, you what, I'll go to your lease in TX and kill me a few deer. Then, when you catch me on "your land or lease," you can run me out. But, when I get home, I'll call the DA, Sheriff's office, or whomever and try to get a law started for MY mistakes. Sound similar?

BD

If you were on my land and if I cared I would ask you to leave, I would not physically harm you or endanger your family as that is not my role in society and it is not yours either. I would also have posted signs up to warn people so I didn't have to spend my time trying to defend "my land" as I know simply marking my boundry would stop most people from making an honest mistake. Of course that would operate under the assumption that I didn't get my rocks off going after fishermen and their families with my buddy's on a Saturdy to show how tough I am.

So since you defend what this guy did how about the next time you roll through a stop sign I drive around you going 50 miles an hour and run you off the road and yell at your in front of your child? Why not, you broke the law do I not have the same right that you and your land owner buddy have?

If I want to go home and try to change laws and or start a group that changes laws so that you your buddies have to find something better to do then runninng over my family in your air boat then there is absolutly nothing you can do about it.

In case you didn't notice I have land all over Louisiana as well so you would not need to drive all the way to Texas to prove your point. I just have better things to do in life then taking pleassure out of keeping a seven year old from catching fish.

No need to respond further, we all see your point of view. Look today is Saturday, go have another beer and get ready for your intense battle with another unsuspecting family. However keep in the back of your mind that not everybody is going to have as much to lose as I do and someday sometime you and your buddies are going to pull this crap with the wrong guy and or guys.

Also I never said I was calling anyone, not the D.A or the sheriff or anyone else. These were all comments that other people made. I know what the laws are. I do not agree with them but I do know the law. Bottom line is, I had been to that spot 50 times without an issue and went there with a guide before. I had no idea the land was private.

I know now, trust me I will stay out.

Last edited by ckinchen; 05-01-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
You can learn a lot from what this gentleman is saying. Hey guys let's all go tresspass!!!!!

Read the posts, I never questioned rather or not the landowner had to post signs or that I may have been tresspassing.

Again, two wrongs do not make a right. If I were guilty and I have no idea if I were or not, he was wrong to react the way that he did.

Last edited by ckinchen; 05-01-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

See "Walking with the Light" from Evangler.com
How a guide handled an ugly situation for the good.
I was impressed.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottogo49 View Post
See "Walking with the Light" from Evangler.com
How a guide handled an ugly situation for the good.
I was impressed.

Agreed, my goal is not to start an internet fight which is always pointless. My goal was to see if there is intrest in starting a battle to change the law and to let other anglers know about what this guy did so they are prepared for it if and when he goes after them if they make the same alleged mistake.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Tripletail

Default you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Agreed, my goal is not to start an internet fight which is always pointless. My goal was to see if there is intrest in starting a battle to change the law and to let other anglers know about what this guy did so they are prepared for it if and when he goes after them if they make the same alleged mistake.
2 wrongs don't make a right. This guy does this to everyone!!! No matter where you are from or who is in the boat. He can be a real pri%k. What he did to you was mean and dangerous. I was only stating about the laws and land owners. BD
Old 05-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
2 wrongs don't make a right. This guy does this to everyone!!! No matter where you are from or who is in the boat. He can be a real pri%k. What he did to you was mean and dangerous. I was only stating about the laws and land owners. BD

I appreciate your response. I respect the fact that we are both on opposite sides of the debate on this issue. I do not see the law changing anytime soon if ever so my efforts may be wasted but I would like to do what I can.

Not much I can say about the guy that did this, sounds like a pattern for him.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

I don't know of anyone who actually likes Curt or his ways .If there is it must only be his mom . Like I said before he has arecord of this type of actions ,and even though it may be his property there is a more civil way to handle the matter. Hopefully he will get his levee rebuilt ,{which I believe the goverment is paying for} before someone gets hurt .
Old 05-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Camera cell phones my help. Take a picture of the boat approaching, stopped, gun displayed, occupants and boat numbers. Then speed dial the proper authorities and be sure and bring them the pictures.

Levee being built maybe part of the dredging spoil contract he has.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner18 View Post
I don't know of anyone who actually likes Curt or his ways .If there is it must only be his mom . Like I said before he has arecord of this type of actions ,and even though it may be his property there is a more civil way to handle the matter. Hopefully he will get his levee rebuilt ,{which I believe the goverment is paying for} before someone gets hurt .

If I am not mistaken the levee is being rebuilt with funds from DU and perhaps other sources.