SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193
Default Bad News for Great Fighters

Bare with me bacause it will disappoint you. Two really great fighters I know had oppenents drop out 3 days before the fight this Friday night. One due to fear i'm sure and the other due to an unforseen medical issue. Point being that weight cut is hard on a fighter and it coinciding with Thanksgiving must have been torture for them. Eating salad with barely or no dressing and having water while watching your family dig in to the Thanksgiving grub. Missing that and finding out later you could have pigged out. Yep that sucks bad.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

That is terrible
Old 11-30-2017, 09:41 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Luckily he didn't jump off a bridge.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:19 AM
Flounder

Cash: 320

Oh my god. First North Korean nukes, then ISIS, and now this. Sometimes I wonder if its worth living. Please keep us updated, I know I'm on the edge of my seat!
Old 11-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfish View Post
Oh my god. First North Korean nukes, then ISIS, and now this. Sometimes I wonder if its worth living. Please keep us updated, I know I'm on the edge of my seat!
Same, text me when you hear something!
Old 11-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

I'll always remember where I was when I first heard about it.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:26 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Same, text me when you hear something!
Need your number before I can text you.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Sailfish

The comments from the keyboard tough guys crack me up. I'll bet none of you have the sack to step in there with a trained fighter. Even a 125lb female fighter. Would I? Hell no. I'm not stupid. I support them because I know what they go through and I respect that. Sit at your keyboard and be toigh but none of you crap talkers would be man enough to get locked in there and schooled.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
The comments from the keyboard tough guys crack me up. I'll bet none of you have the sack to step in there with a trained fighter. Even a 125lb female fighter. Would I? Hell no. I'm not stupid. I support them because I know what they go through and I respect that. Sit at your keyboard and be toigh but none of you crap talkers would be man enough to get locked in there and schooled.
WOW! You are ate up with this crap. Get a life.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
WOW! You are ate up with this crap. Get a life.
I have one and I spend it supporting people I know and supporting what they go through to be the best they can be at what they love. I mean some people think they're kids are awesome for making the golf team. Not my thing but I don't down them for it. BTW my son wasn't one that lost a fight. He had no fight this time. These are just people I know and support. One of which fought my son and won. By split decision though.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 417

Man, that would be awful to have an opponent back out after all that work.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2017, 10:42 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Man, that would be awful to have an opponent back out after all that work.

Yes very much so. These are young adults following their dreams and sacrificing very much to get to where they need to be for a fight. I see it and live with it. When my son preps for a fight he gets grumpy but I understand it's his diet change. Weeks of salad and water. Maybe a fish fillet with no seasoning. The last 24 hours he will sit in a sona and sweat off 8/10 lbs. I could not and would not do that. People talking smack are out of shape and would die cutting 25 pounds in 2 weeks. Don't know anything about the smack they talk and dang sure wouldn't step in there and get beat.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 417

Quote:
Yes very much so. These are young adults following their dreams and sacrificing very much to get to where they need to be for a fight. I see it and live with it. When my son preps for a fight he gets grumpy but I understand it's his diet change. Weeks of salad and water. Maybe a fish fillet with no seasoning. The last 24 hours he will sit in a sona and sweat off 8/10 lbs. I could not and would not do that. People talking smack are out of shape and would die cutting 25 pounds in 2 weeks. Don't know anything about the smack they talk and dang sure wouldn't step in there and get beat.
Yep. I tried to get in when I got done with college football. Didn't enjoy the training much, loved the grappling, and also couldn't imagine doing the weight cuts! But still a fan.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:01 AM
Flounder

Cash: 320

Quote:

Nobody is acting like internet tough guys. I haven't seen one person claim these fighters are wimps or that they could whoop these kids butts. The joke was because of your intro "bare with me, this will disappoint you". We thought you were about to drop some life changing info on us. Instead its a short ramble about not being able to eat thanksgiving dinner. Bit of a letdown. Go drink a beer or smoke a joint, whatever you do to simmer down. Nobody is clowning your kid.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:09 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfish View Post
Nobody is acting like internet tough guys. I haven't seen one person claim these fighters are wimps or that they could whoop these kids butts. The joke was because of your intro "bare with me, this will disappoint you". We thought you were about to drop some life changing info on us. Instead its a short ramble about not being able to eat thanksgiving dinner. Bit of a letdown. Go drink a beer or smoke a joint, whatever you do to simmer down. Nobody is clowning your kid.

Exactly. How could you not see that you would get clowned over that "earth shattering" news that got dropped on us??
Old 12-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
I whipped some dude at the Wheel Inn one night who claimed to be a MMA fighter. He swung and missed, I choke slammed him into the bar. Knocked him smooth out. Had some weird ears. Looked like cauliflower

I know how to cut weight too. Dropped twenty pounds in a month. Switch from Old Milwaukee to Old Milwaukee Light.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
I whipped some dude at the Wheel Inn one night who claimed to be a MMA fighter. He swung and missed, I choke slammed him into the bar. Knocked him smooth out. Had some weird ears. Looked like cauliflower

I know how to cut weight too. Dropped twenty pounds in a month. Switch from Old Milwaukee to Old Milwaukee Light.
*****. That's one way to cut calories. That allows you to drink more. Well played sir well played.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Sailfish

He had cauliflower ears because he had a crap coach that didn't know how to drain the blood and prevent that. Probably just some good ole boy gym with street fighters that thought they were bad *** dudes but were just bar fighters with no real training. Just my guess if their coach didn't know enough to drain their ears.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Hairout

Quote:
He had cauliflower ears because he had a crap coach that didn't know how to drain the blood and prevent that. Probably just some good ole boy gym with street fighters that thought they were bad *** dudes but were just bar fighters with no real training. Just my guess if their coach didn't know enough to drain their ears.
Do you really not realize that you are advocating that your son should continually get the crap beat out of him and possibly disfigure himself ("if the dumb coach doesn't know enough to drain his ears")? How can someone possibly agree with your rationalization?
Old 12-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Why can't they just fight each other?